Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:32:40 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hedwig and the Angry Inch « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hedwig and the Angry Inch  (Read 27921 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 10:18:26 AM »

One of my favorite movies...if you let it, it has the power to move you. Great review.
This a fine, fine film. It is a great watch and a really good soundtrack. I love this movie!!!! It is a 5***** film if ever there was one.

I like those people !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Shayna
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »

While "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" isn't the best movie ever made, or even the best musical ever, it is my all time favorite TG movie. I totally rocks. More than any other TS/TG themed movie. It so good, the title track from it,  "Angry Inch" was covered by Type O Negative, on the CD "Life Is Killing Me". If you don't like this movie, you don't like yourself. *

* University of Ga. research concludes:  Homophobes, are homos themselves. Read on...

Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?

Adams HE, Wright LW Jr, Lohr BA.

Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602-3013, USA.
Abstract

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.
ChunkeeOne
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 02:09:51 AM »

Wow! Very proud of you for giving this movie a decent rating. A few gay friends of mine dug it so much that I had to end up watching it. The Soundtrack is awesome! The story line is of course going to get some grief because too few people want to care about these poor souls that go through sex change operations or their troubles adapting. It's really sad actually but I'm sure this movie opened a few people's minds in a way... even if it was a hilarious take on the subject (Noting all the jokes she makes about herself, such as "...I had lost my job at the base px and I had lost my gag reflex...").

That sort of thing really does happen, botched sex changes and such... just like home abortions back when they were illegal. I wish everyone could be more understanding of these people's problems and not just say "Well they did it to themselves!" When they have no idea what they could be going through. But I guess man kind isn't done hating enough yet.

The fellow who made this movie and starred as Hedwig is actually pretty interesting. He also made "Shortbus" which is just as interesting as this one with a ridiculous amount of sex in it... you know, in a good way. And and and fun fact: He also played the Beefy Boy employee in "Freddy's Nightmares", I believe it was in episode #1 & #2.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hedwig and the Angry Inch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.