Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:01:32 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Troll II « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Troll II  (Read 106237 times)
Joe
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie six years ago on Showtime - I must have been real bored to watch the whole thing through!
I think I remember the sister being kind of cute, and was surprised to learn this film was made in 1992 instead of 1986!
My favorite scene is when the boy has to stop his family from eating the food that will turn them into plants for the goblins to eat - the grandfather freezes time (I think) and warns the boy, who then stands up on the table and realizes to his own distaste (notice the grimace on his face as he says to himself, "I HAVE to...I HAVE to...!") that he has to urinate on the food to save his family!
The father was far more lenient than most fathers would be after their son just p**sed all over their dinner!
The last scene was also good - where the mother had finally been turned into vegetable matter and the goblins were feasting on her....the son walks in and sees it and the goblin grins and says, "MMmmmm.....yummy Mommy!".
Ryan J. Kenner
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember when this movie came out, it played in the local drive-in, In Northfield. I was about 10 or 11 and I remember finding the movie so bad it was funny, and now that it's been at least a decade later, the movie is still a riot! When I boughht it from the local video rental place, the movie had been like 15 minutes into it, where that nerd got turned into a plant.  I actually know a guy in Salt Lake City who played one of the goblins, and he told me that he had never seen such a cheesy production. Overall the movie is a bottom of the barrel turd but it makes for a great guilty pleasure.
OMGWTF
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My old friends introduced me to Troll 2 nearly three years ago over a delightful evening of caffiene pills, Miller Lite, and vomiting. I was the only one sober enough to actually watch the movie. The Erotic Corn Cob sequence will stick with me for life. Also take note that the father's shirt is less buttoned in every scene. We're still not quite sure if my friends' regurgitation was caused by alcohol or this movie...
Troll 3
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2002, 10:27:45 PM »

It is on DVD, its in PAL format but its out there if you really want it, try ebay or amazon.co.uk, youd be able to play it on a computer of PAL compatible dvd player.
Jellyroll
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

holy s**t!  i have found this movie...i came across this masterpiece from a 30 year old burnout living with my friend's family about 4 years ago.  never have i experienced such laughter.  we were left wondering if this was the worst movie of all time or the stroke of pure comedic genius.  the dead grandpa is too much!  oh my GOD!!!!  i'd love to do that girl though ;)
Noel
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have only seen this film recently but think it is the best worst film of all time. It is unbelievably bad! I haven't stopped laughing at it since. It is just mind bogglingly bad! The acting is the worst i've ever seen, the plot is just dumb. The funniest part for me is when the dead grandad stops time for 30 seconds but you can see that the actors are still moving!
DLR
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well...  It's all been said in posts before this one but I just HAD to add my thoughts.

Troll 2...  I absolutely adore this film.  It's the "best" worst movie I've ever seen and that includes Battlfield Earth, Ghost Dog, Femme fatal & anything by David Lynch.

I recommend watching Troll 2 while on the toilet because you'll laugh so hard that you may s**t yourself.
Geoffrey
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I first saw this film when I was in grade school.  I definitely enjoyed it, but as I moved into my teen years, I ended up forgetting about it.  I went vegan when I was 14 years old and remembered a movie I had seen long ago that was about vegan creatures  that killed and ate meat eaters.  I was very amused at the concept of seeing this again, but I had completely forgotten the title.  

After about a year of half assed searching, I found it again and have been in love ever since.  

VEGAN JUSTICE!
(Im really not a hardass... I just find it to be amusing)
JOSH
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My mom picked this up for me about ten years ago from the local video store. The only reason she rented it was because she saw on the box that the kid's name was "Joshua" just like mine. I was only eight or nine at the time, too young to relize what a horrible movie this was or appreciate it's cheese factor. I didn't see it again for years until a few months ago I saw it listed on the IMDB's 100 Worst List. I rented it, watched, laughed, screamed, and now I worship it! I just have one question: "where are all the beautiful, liberated, horny girls?!"
Jeremy
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm shocked!  I saw this movie agaes ago when i was like 12 or 13, but i forgot about it until i saw it for sale as a double-sided disc with the original Troll. When i viewed it at a younger age I thought it was funny. Now that I'm older, I think it's hilarious! They don't get much better (worse) than that.
James Perry
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Rejoice my fellow Troll lovers!  Troll/Troll2 DVD double feature to be (or already has been) unleached upon us in August of 2003!!  Widescreen and all...it appears!  Check your favorite DVD store to preorder!

I remember wanting Troll 2 to be good.  This was when I took Troll seriously too.  Now I'm much older, 13 years of Mystery Science Theater 3000 behind me...and I know what to do with films like this!  I may save them for my yearly Halloween movie month where I watch at least 3 films a day during October.  Fun! fun! fun!!  

Great clip from the film.  I sincerely don't remember it being quite that cheezy!  
Patrick
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is just one of the greatest films ever made. The acting (the mother, dead grandfather etc etc etc...) is so bad that I can't find words for it. You'll laugh to death in almost every scene just because of the acting. It looks like they're just reading of the manuscript word-wise. The costumes on the goblins looks like some cheap halloween costume. One of them even has his eyes fixed at the same position the whole movie! If you're up for a laughter, don't hesitate in buying this amzing movie!
Volstag
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is my first, or second (?), time visiting this site.  I guess I'm somewhat perplexed as to how the movies are rated here.  One would think that the ultimate bad-movie would get 5 stars, whereas actually decent films would receive less stars (because they're "less bad" -- if that makes any sense).  For example: Army of Darkness receives 4 stars on this site, whereas Troll II receives 2 stars.  Troll II is infinitely worse than Army of Darkness, in every conceivable way.  AoD is actually a damn good movie -- in fact, I would go so far as to suggest that it doesn't even belong on this site.

But anyway, Troll II, IMO, is one of the best "worst" movies ever made.  It's one of the most unintentionally hilarious movies I've ever seen -- it, literally, blows away mainstream comedies for pure mirth value.  Anyone who is a fan of bad movies owes it to themselves (and their beer swilling buddies) to rent/buy this movie and watch it at least twice a year.
BorgPuppy
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Don't look now--it's coming on DVD! With the first one!
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=MGD004880
BigDoug
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2003, 06:00:22 PM »

I have never laughed so much at something that was never meant to be funny. Did they actually expect people to take this movie seriously when they released it? my favorite part is that horrible music. Anybody know where i can get the soundtrack?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Troll II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.