Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:28:25 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Pulse « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pulse  (Read 25347 times)
Stefan Robak
« on: August 21, 2000, 08:01:53 AM »

I remember seeing this one.  It was on Space (the Canadian Sci-Fi channel) and I think that this is definately good for a laugh.
Thomas Hulstrøm
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2000, 06:01:02 AM »

Rented this one a long time ago. Waste of time! Really quite boring. Not very funny (intentional og non-intentional). Basically it just sucks.
WHO cares?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2000, 08:47:42 PM »

PULSE f**king rocks!
that lawrence kick kicks some acting ass, hes great, and the movie makes me laugh harder every time i see it on space
Chadzilla
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2000, 07:18:53 PM »

I rented this on a whim, with no idea what I was getting into.  What a buried treasure.  This movie has a pretty creepy/dopey premise, like a Twilight Zone or X-File gone horribly bad.  Still, seeing it done with a perfectly straight face was refreshing after sitting through so many puke inducing horror komedies.  I would watch it again, in fact seeing this review makes me want to watch it again.
Chris
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The director and writer of this film deserve to shot, this is a horrid film, it does not make sense. It causes nothing but paronia, this is worse than "Chopping Mall".

This movie is a piece of trash, the studio name is idiotic, the studio no longer exists, and the people who distribute this crap is wasting money.

If this film was pitched today, it would had been turned down. The director of this never did anything better in his tarneshed career has he? Nor has the studio.

This film should be buried, burned. The actors who played in it should apoligize for wasting talents, and their time starring in this movie.

Acting talents where wasted here, the actors careers went all down hill take the TV movie,

WITHOUT WARNING!: TERRROR IN THE TOWERS

as an example, talents are wasted in that movie too.
GEORGE CLOONEY wasted his talents in that, so what makes the actors in this any diffrent? Nothing.

Talents in both these film are awful.

Moshin
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This Film Is Awsome dude, they should play this movie every weekend.

I like the woman she's sexy and beutifuly made.
I think that the old dood should have played some more parts in the film. They should have made it much longer.

Last but not least the film should be available to download off this site.

Thankx for everybody who took part. Keep It real. Pease OUT?
Thorn495
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was on a lot on HBO.  That part where the woman gets burned in the shower is dumb.  I don't think they had electronic security glass on the shower.  She could have opened it or at least broke the damn glass -- beats getting boiled.
AdamHungarian
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »

When I was a little boy, I was really afraid of electricity and some electrical stuff. I think I like this movie because of that! :) Like someone who's afraid of spiders and watches horrors with big spiderlike thingies. :)
The special effects were really cool, though this movie was produced in '88!
However the plot fails at some places like the showering scene. I think they also should have added more bloody and horrifying ideas! :D Though the concept was really cool!

Adam from Hungary.
killerBeez
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »

Haha - I remember this rotten flick.  Gloriously awful.  FYI - you've got the Lawrence brothers mixed up; Joey is the elder.  Not that there's much difference, really.
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »

Re: the locked shower door, the pulse didn't do that. Ellen did, by pulling it shut tightly. A flimsy excuse but at least one that doesn't rely on the evil electricity.
Felicity
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 02:41:50 AM »

I bought this on DVD for about $10. I overpaid.

I thought I would like it because it’s ’80s, it’s horror, and it’s got Cliff de Young (and he gets to be a good guy in this one!).

Instead, it was too slick to be a good bad movie, but too cheap to be a good good movie. I should have known going in that it was going to be a trapped-in-a-place movie, and I generally find those boring.

Granted, I did just buy Hide and Go Shriek! today, in which a bunch of teens get trapped in a furniture store at night, but it was only $2!
claws
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 04:49:50 AM »

This one certainly has a following. I wasn't aware until I had internet.
I read a Pulse review in a Video Magazine back in the late 80s, and had the movie on my to-watch list for ages.
I finally found the DVD a couple of years ago and quite enjoyed the film. It's not great but a solid little "home invasion" flick with neat visual effects.
JBFletcher
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »

I believe there is an unfair harshness to some of these comments. I saw this movie when I was a kid and was afraid to use showers that did not have curtains. There is something to be said for taking everyday household objects and making them scary. Even if done really poorly. Maybe sissy 8 year olds were the target audience.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Pulse « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.