Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:24:30 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster  (Read 68195 times)
Cant blame the WANG!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Now I have to admit the Green guy takeoff scene IS something to behold. Hedorah is another one of those 1 hit wonders whom to appreciate.Personally,I wish Toho would put this bad guy in a Destroy All Monsters II(just wishful thinkin')along with Gigan,Titanosaurus,Kong,Jet Jag,MechaKong,MechaGodzilla,Mechagodzilla'93,king seesar,megalon,BOTH mothra twins(1 moth;1 larva)and the 2 gargantua bros.plus the rest of the original cast-even the giant mantises. And hey,and while I'm wishfully thinkin'--whut 'bout a nice cameo of Gamera for a historic crossover of 2 greatest japanese monsters of all time..!!!
Smog Monster
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I am still trying to count all the bong and other drug refferences, and times when blaring insane whino music has been played.

GOGEARAH
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was about 7 or 8 years old when I saw GODZILLA VS THE SMOG MONSTER. I loved it then, I love it now. When I was a kid I loved it because I'd NEVER seen ANYTHING like it before. It was NOTHING like all the american monster movies I'd watched. GODZILLA even tought me a few fighting moves, witch I subsequently used on a school bully that was picking on me at the time. [I whooped him too!]           When I grew up and saw this movie again, I was once more DELIGHTED with it. But for a different reason than when I was young. NOW I love it because it IS CRAPPY! I know it's crappy, YOU know it's crappy..., And you know what...? when the producers at TOHO made the film THEY knew it was crappy. It is supposed to be! ...why? you ask.            well, THINK about it.!
marlon the monster
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 01:30:45 PM »

Yes I agree Hedorah was smoking stack.One of the worst Godzilla movies ever made. They should of quit after this garbage was made a real disapointment.The theme song was the best thing about this movie.  
mark
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When i was a kid I once tried to make my own smog monster by filling some teflon thingy up with water, throw a empty can in it and chocolate syrup.
It didn't work.
Bobby
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just LOVED the music going with the Godzila lift-off clip. It sounded like something straight from 'Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines' (and shame on you if you don't know that flic)
*ROFL*
tyler
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2003, 08:43:38 PM »

the version the person who runs the site saw,was the best one of the 2.the version sci-fi shows has different dubbing, and the women sings in japanese!can you believe it!?!?!?rare film.worth lots of cash!i need it to add it to my other g-movies!
Jim
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Best line from the movie is when the kid is in the phone booth and then there's an explosion.  He crouches down, and then when he gets back up and talks on the phone, he doesn't act traumatized at all and says something like, "there was an explosion, but I'm still here."  Like ho-hum explosions happen all the time around here so let's continue our phone conversation now.  There's other places where he's not traumatized at all by seeing dead or slimed people.  Ok, maybe once or twice he does a quick McCauly Caulkin face and then continues on as if everything is normal.
Swamprat
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What we need here is those tiny singing twins from Mothra's island. I remember going to see this on a Saturday afternoon when I was in Jr. High School...(ouch) There were five of us, girl watching, sick joking, perverted, smart assed, and bored. What a perfect movie for background noise. Today when I catch it on TV, I see it for what it really is...a piece of s**t. The giant lizard sushi burners are fantastic little films as a rule. Made for next to nothing and imported here once upon time when the Japanese would do anything for a western buck. Godzilla was a monster movie, plain and simple. The American importer shot new scenes with an Anglo actor (Raymond Burr) and spliced them in...he feared that American audiances wouldn't pay to see short Asian people with squinty eyes and a giant lizard alone. He was proven wrong soon afterwards. The first Godzilla movies were serious attempts at monster thrillers that seemed to get cheaper and flimsier as the series proceded. I know, speaking not just for myself, that this is one of the things that made the earlier films so endearing to so many. By the time this one was cranked out and imported into the States, the giant fire breathing lizard had become a Japanese Culturial Icon. And just like Icons in any culture, the powers that be had to screw with it to get the most political and economical milage out of it as they could. Now Godzilla is a benafactor to all mankind. He fights evil and tries to clean up after man's carelessness. He's a product of man's terrible disregard for nature and his fellow occupants of spaceship Earth...but he has found tolerance and forgiveness and now defends all that is right and good...(For the moment anyway...till public opinion swings the other way for awhile.) Godzilla is a lizard...he breaths fire...he hates the Japanese...especialy the ones that live in Tokyo. He comes, stomps thier town, thay manage to kick his ass one more time, he staggers away to lick his wounds and return to stomp and barbque another day. End of story, all of them, untill this one and the others that would follow. This one was a turning point for me and my fellow sushi burner brethen. Flying around with smog monster testicles ripped from a pile of burnt goo...(call 'em what you want, I still choose to believe in was the puke monster's balls)...to save mankind from itself just ain't natural for our radiation pumping gigatigator. I hope that someday he'll return to form and toast those little school boys with thier tight little shorts and book satchels. His place is melting plastic tanks and smacking firecracker loaded model airplanes from thier wires, not whoreing himself out for the rightwing or leftwing political preaching that happens to be in favor at the given time. This is a sad little lizard movie...shame on you Toho...shame on you.
Nathanial Meade
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I do not recomend the ingestion of any LSD or like substances before viewing this film, it's crazy enough sober.
CJ Smith
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2004, 07:25:31 AM »

Absolutley hysterical analysis of the movie, yet never so accurate existed a movie review anywhere. I send you nothing but the finest of accolades!
tyler
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I now that this has nothing to do with this movie,but I have purchased the original uncut japanese version of GODZILLA RAIDS AGAIN!This version is ALOT BETTER than the american version.(GIGANTIS:THE FIRE MONSTER.)The reason why Godzilla's name changed to GIGANTIS is because WARNER BROS. did not whant to pay for using the name godzilla from the company that distrubuted GODZILLA:KING OF THE MONSTERS.My friend is going to let me copy his version of G.raids again,And G.versus the smogmonster.HA!
Todd Shields
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER was a fairly good G-flick, but the gory scences of melting people just don't jive with the juvinile script and Manabe's horrid 'Godzilla theme'.
One the plus side, I like the idea of pitting the big G, himself a by-product of man's destructive technology, against an oppoent that even he couldn't defeat, the evil
of pollution in the form of a larger, indestuctable monster.
Banno could have gotten his anti-pollution message out a little better if he had made this a serious drama and not a kiddie movie.
PMK
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The highlight of the movie was the groovy eco-friendly song "Save the Earth!"  I would really like to find those lyrics, it belongs in the Bad Movie Song Hall of Fame.
Samzilla
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought this film was hilarious for a monster movie, but as a Godzilla movie I despise it and many other G-fans do and yet they continued degrading Godzilla all through out the 70's.
I was more than pleased when the Gojira films were reborn in the 80's and 90's.
Oh and Hedorahs transformations kinda remind me of Destoroyah, a bigger, better G foe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.