Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:29:06 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Class of Nuke 'Em High « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Class of Nuke 'Em High  (Read 33683 times)
DAniel DiCenso
« on: September 18, 2000, 09:39:12 AM »

Dear God!  I remember watching this twisted puppy on USA Up All Night when Gilbert Gottfried was host. (Shows how old I am, uh?)

Yeah, I still get a kick out of watching it, though.  It's dumb yet funny, which is what half of Troma's films are all about.  They're certainly better that the dumb-ass gross outs the Farelly Bros. are churning out!

I gotta admit, I still love the look of The Cretins....
Big Kitty
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2000, 09:09:48 PM »

Class of Nuke 'Em High is probably the greatest movie ever made.  If not the greatest, then it is most definitely present in the top three.  Or whatever.  Either way it's a damn fine movie.  

I would give it five f**king green teardrops.  You didn't.  But I don't really care.  You're still cool.
PRIAN
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Pretty much this was the gateway movie for me leading to most of the B-movies that have seen if it was not for USA UP ALL NIGHT back in the day when that cable station was atleast decent I would've been doomed for life!!!!!!!!
Cham
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2001, 08:45:10 AM »

Troma does it again. Not as good as Toxic Avenger or Tromeo and Juliet, but close. I give it a 3.5/5.
steve flynn
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

this movie was pretty f**kin funny. although not as gorey as i expected. but that may be because i've got a copy thats been butchered by the bbfc. i would really like to get hold of a first release uncut copy with the origional cover because it looks so much better than the re release.part2 was pretty messed up. and to l murphy no unfortunatly there never was a part 4.

bleh
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I do recall...watching this movie on USA when I was in 6th grade at a sleepover.  No, no, wait that was the 2nd one or 3rd one...whichever on had the chick with the big hair...in any case, it warped my fragile little mind in such a good way and turned me into a b movie freak.  Of course, if Freud were to analyze me, he'd say it was my unspoken attraction to my mother or father or great aunt that caused me to love buckets of fake blood, gor, and vital organs so much.  Hmmm..
sadist
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2002, 06:38:53 PM »

class of nuke em high spawned class of nuke high2 -which had the most terrorfying creature ever--TROMIE, the giant vomit spewing mutoid squirrel!  i still have bad dreams about it ...
LG
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Yeah, great movie but there should be more gore scenes. for example like Peter Jacksons "braindead" or "bad taste".
if your gonna make them cheap and humourous, ya gotta chuck loads of gore in. the gore you used was the correct stuff, but needs lots more scenes with it.
keep making em.
Jake
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Like other reviewers have said...this movie was a favorite on USA Up All Night on saturdays back when TV was giving twisted B movies a chance on late night tv ..now even us cretins that stay up to 5 in the morning can't catch any classic B movie twisted films..and Class Of Nuke Em High was one of my favorites growing up..Toxic Avenger introduced me to Troma at such a young age..even though I had all the Toxic Crusader toys my parents had forbidden me to see the movies from the video store...at least Class Of Nuke Em High was there to warp my head ...classic
Smokey
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film has been entered into the NME, Rockin' films forum because of the sex, violence and radioactive marijuana use!.

I have linked to this site.

Adam
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ahh, that's one of the best ways I've found to justify staying up til 4am in spite of having nothing of import or general utility to do... I loved how the motorbike gang (because baddies, as we all know, like heavy metal) swerved to miss the camera... Not to mention the perpetuation of the idea that all things radioactive (or even just vaguely related to radioactivity) are green... Plus the incessant, droning and maniacal cackling added a certain surrealist, post-modern note to the whole thing... Amost Lynchian, in fact... That funny mutant creature (which was green, bizarrely...) wasn't quite as disturbing as Willem Dafoe in Wild at Heart though :P
Good stuff, all the same! A shiny gold star for the fine people who made this, and another for that wholesome, all-American kid for p**sing me off on so many levels... Impressive work
hendo
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Class of nuke em high is a top film its well better than Toxic Avenger!!! What a load of ball's?? But a have to say Class of nuke em high 2 is rotten. A giant mutant squirrel runing about all over the shop!!!! Not my cup of tea at all the troma team could have dun a lot more for this movie. I have not seen class of nuke em high 3 yet? But if its like Subhumanoid Meltdown... It will be like watching paint dry.
Ben
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 11:14:24 AM »

What a film. This truly is one of the best films ever made although im unsure if the director intended it to be this funny.
WitchKing
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Doesn't quite reach the delerious heights of "The Toxic Avenger" or "Class of Nuke 'Em High 2", but a true gem nonetheless.  The honor-students-turned-lowlifes are all wonderfully repulsive (especially the guy with the teeth and the nose ring) and their reign of terror is satisfying for anyone who ever despised the superficially good but secretly rotten "acceptable" kids in school.  
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie deserves more then two drops.This B movie was great THE MONSTER WAS SCARY AS HELL THE STORY LINE WAS GREAT AND IT ONLY GETS TWO DROPS.Well anyway a very enjoyable horror comedy with the monster playing his role seriously just love it when he puts  his claw thru that bimbo's head.I FORGIVE YOU FOR GIVING IT 2 DROPS.IGIVE IT 6.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Class of Nuke 'Em High « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.