Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:17:45 PM
712917 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dawn of the Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Dawn of the Dead  (Read 91788 times)
Joe Stalin
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Update: There is a little known practice known as "Mall Walking", the primary participants being the elderly. I came about this information doing mall security at night. At 4:20 A.M, I unlock the doors to let the "Mall Walkers" in.IT IS EXACTLY LIKE THIS MOVIE!! Zombie-like creatures stumble up and down the common area, grunting, groaning, farting and smelling. If my company provided firearms, I would have lost it long ago and acted out some of my favourite scenes from Dawn of the Dead, including asking a pregnant woman if she wanted an abortion. I would approach her with an unravelled coathanger and say it with a straight face. Mall security at night produces some strange thoughts.
Fox Of Nod
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Love it

Here is some thing for you complainers.
1.The zombies are not blue or green they are gray. But due to lighting they look blue, green or gray.
2.Am I the only one who doesn’t need or want to know how it started.
3.The fact that the blood was that color did suck. But the creators loved it because it made it more like a comic book.
4.If you know any one who loves it they might have the ultimate collectors edition with three versions of it the U.S., the extended, and U.K. In one of them some new parts that might shed some light on parts. Though you will have to sit through it again. You will learn that I believe it was Atlanta is fine they stopped it there. And the part were fly boy finds the dead operator you might think he killed him it turns out there were robbers there and were scared of when Roger and Peter got there.
5.You got to admit that the zombie getting its head blown off near the begging was cool they used live rounds on a fake head.
6.I think the remake should be on this site. ZOMBIES CAN’T RUN.

Now for those of you who don’t really like zombies cause they are slow this is for you.
1.You have to shot them in the head most people can’t hit it with out running out of ammo. Because they can’t shoot good or never have.
2.They are typically silent and can sneak up or stays were they are and wait to jump you. Like in the part in the department store when Roger was jumped because they thought it was a manikin.
3.People think that these things are there loved ones and refuse to kill them and or give them a hug because they think their fine. Like in the part near the begging in the building.
4.But the main reason they spread so fast is people don’t realize what is happening until it’s to late and they have spread too much to contain.
5.And they have mass numbers on their side. You don’t need speed with mass numbers on your side.
I guess they could run when they first become zombies but after a while muscle would decay and prevent them from running. And their brains are decaying as well so their balance would prevent them from running. Why do you think zombies walk goofy.

Me and most people I know would love if zombies started to pop up every place so long as they are like in the move not like in the remake the return of the living dead series you can’t kill them in that movie. Oh and I would have to reach my goal of at lest 8 assault rifles, 10 shot guns, 5 Sniper Rifles, 10 Sub Machine guns, 5 light MGs like the m60 or pkm, 4 heavy MGs like the m2, various explosives grenades C4 that kind of stuff, A couple of rocket launcher and grenade launchers, 2 fully armed transport choppers (not the motorcycle), and some armored vehicles (yes civilians can buy them and tanks to), tons of ammo and food, and the best armor to prevent being bit is medieval like chain mail.
Demonicuss
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2000, 09:44:01 PM »

Does this film kick ass?  Of course it does.  One of the best Horror films, and arguably one of the best movies out today, period.
Max Levin
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2000, 09:56:08 PM »

I ALMOST remember this one! I didn´t like it at all, but maybe that´s because I slept through it. Cause, I don´t remember it being so gory. I thought it was funny with that shopping-mall music, but the rest was crap. Maybe I have to refreshen my memory by watching this movie again. If I can FIND it first, that will be...
And to Andrew: put the legendary shopping-mall song up on Badmovies.org! Everybody should hear it!!
modius
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2000, 06:42:51 AM »

I remember seeing this film on UK's BBC TWO one night, now the BBC is famed for showing good movies - but a bad one?  And one that had so much blood shed and stomach turning sequences and a gun shooting fest straight out of a 3D First Person Shooter Computer Game?

I found it too gory, espically the gun shooting - I thought I could take it - I didn't...

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO GET NINE DEATHS OF THE NINJA REVIEWED AT BADMOVIES.ORG!
Stefan Robak
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2000, 04:50:04 PM »

Guess what zombie fans.  Appearently there are Dawn of the Dead action figures availible.  They've been out for a while but almost went under everyone's notice.
Rob Rob
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2000, 07:26:21 PM »

I've been waiting for over a year for the badmovies.org review of Dawn of the Dead, and the review kicks ass. Even though I wouldn't at all consider Dawn a bad movie(a genuinly good one, in fact, even if it is a little corny), you did give it the credit it deserves.
Chris K.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2000, 03:06:22 PM »

George A. Romero kicks ass once again. After NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968), HUNGRY WIVES (1971; aka SEASON OF THE WITCH), THE CRAZIES (1973), and MARTIN (1977), Romero decides to make a sequel to NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. Yes it is very gory, but I am still suprised to see that DAWN OF THE DEAD and DAY OF THE DEAD recieved the "Unrated" when it was in the theatre. DAWN OF THE DEAD is one of those horror films that is more influncing than SCREAM or I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER. The gore effects are stunning, however the film's pacing is very slow. It takes to the very end of the film that we get to see some zombie gut-munching. DAWN OF THE DEAD is a good film, but why is it called a "bad film"? Badmovies.org. needs to put up some reviews of DAY OF THE DEAD (1987), CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD (1980; aka THE GATES OF HELL), THE BEYOND (1981; aka THE SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH), and LET THE SLEEPING CORPSES LIE (1974; aka DON'T OPEN THE WINDOW). Your doing a good job Badmovies.org. Special announcement: view the special Letterboxed Director's Cut of DAWN OF THE DEAD and you will not be dissapointed.
Rowlph
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2000, 09:35:35 AM »

I would like everyone to know that the movie was filmed in 1979 at the Monroeville Mall, in Monroeville, PA.  I'm currently a resident of Pittsburgh, PA, about 20 minutes by car to the Mall.  Even though it is 21 years later,  much of the mall is still the same.  It's actually extremely strange, possibly post-modern, and a really good time to do the whole "art imitates life" thing.  JC Penny is still there, and so is the glass door that the zombies often clunk against.  The number 33 lamppost in the parking lot is still there.  The exterior around the parking lot may have more TGI Friday's and Chili's, but on an empty mall day you can easily imagine hoards of zombies wandering around.  Most importantly, the mall muzak heard throughout the mall can still be heard...it has to be the same stuff, though honestly I couldn't tell the difference.  The Monroeville Mall is still a well-functioning, well-attended mall.  But if you look really really close on the first floor of the JC Penny store, you might find a small clump of Steve regurgitated and splattered on the carpet.  
Chadzilla
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2000, 02:04:08 PM »

I remember Dawn of the Dead coming out in the theaters way back in 79, when I was just a lad of 12 or so.  Of course I was forbidden from seeing the movie, but remember seeing the cool television spots and one scene (the zombie crawling across the floor as one SWAT member tells the other "Shoot it man, shoot it in the head.") was shown on a television talk show when Scott Reineger was being interviewed.  Man did I want to see this movie!  I didn't until it came out on video in 1984 (I still have the original Thorn EMI video release, but lost the groovy snap case cover box).  For its day (1979) the gore effects were EXTREMELY graphic, but today the movie might squeak by with an R-rating.  Day of the Dead would still be unrated (the effects in that movie are flawless, Savini and company did Oscar worthy work on that one).  Thanks for the great review, I'll be watching it again real soon.

God bless George A. Romero.
Moonbaby
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2000, 05:11:47 PM »

This is my favorite movie ever made.  The effects are awesome.  Actor Marty Schiff who plays the raider in the leather jacket, football jersey and sunglasses, use to be on a show on Nickelodeon called Out of Controll.  Just though you might be interested.
Josh Leman
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Does anybody else think Dawn of the Dead is completely and totally awful?  I'm not alone, am I?
BAD_TASTE
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie have a great plot. But I think the special FX are maybe the worst i've seen. The blood is orange and all the organs were pink. And plus, the zombies'faces were blue. BLUE!!!
The acting was ok but the music doesn't really fit with all the sequence. More, I would say the music sux.

If U have the choice, rent Night of the living or Braindead or Return of the living dead... I think i could name 15 zombie movies better than this one.
Cham
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I never liked Dawn of the Dead as much as everybody else did. I like it, anything with zombies is a decent movie. But compared to Night of the Living Dead and--don't kill me for saying this--Zombie, I think its mediocre. I still give it 3/5.
Brandy
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2001, 11:12:20 PM »

Hi, I live right by the mall that they used (Monroeville Mall) my grandparents were extras as zombies. so i guess thats why i bought it but I like seeing the mall the way it was years ago! it really did change a lot!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dawn of the Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.