Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:00:30 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dawn of the Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Dawn of the Dead  (Read 91787 times)
Gweneth
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

About mall walkers...I worked at a B. Dalton at my local mall for about six months, and I opened about half the time. This was something I absolutely dreaded. Dawn of the Dead is the reason why. Top honors on a very short list of horror movies that bother to develop their characters while retaining the ability to scare the p**s out of zombie-obsessed young ladies like myself. See, modern "horror" movie guys? You don't have to sacrifice gore or character development! You can have both! (Romero would be wise to remember that too. I wonder if he was even present during Bruiser. What a bomb. Not THE bomb, mind you. Poor old Georgie has really gone downhill recently.) Anyhow, what can I say that hasn't been said here already? Oh, yeah. Flubenfleeben.  
BC
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

For me, this flick wasn't long enough.  That's right, you heard me...NOT long enough!  Some people complain that it was too lengthy, but not me.  I could watch a 10 hour version of it and still be captivated.  The only con I can think of is the ending.  The proposed alternate ending would of been the icing.  With all 4 heroes dead, it would have been a dark and creepy exit...
Jen
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dear God I watch this movie once a month!! I have to agree though, you WANT to like Francine's character, but it's just not happening!
Joe Stalin
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Why I Love This Movie               by Joe
1] I first saw it with a girlfriend when I was 14 years old. After the movie I got to 2nd base for the first time.
2] Lots of guns
3] S.W.A.T guys
4] I SO badly want to sit in the hatchback of a Chevette-type car and spray live ammo at zombie mall goers [hell, I'd shoot living mall goers as well]

Problems
1] How does a big black cop who sounds like he was raised in the "bad" part of Harlem know how to perform an abortion {the offer was made to Francine}? Do you think he meant in general he knew and was going to throw her down a flight of stairs or something?
2] Roger getting bit by a zombie. I was disappointed.
leopard
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

i love this film ,i love it so much i have it three times
i have the uk vhs edition and the dutch dvd import which has both the 117 min edition and the 140 totaly un-cut edition. the film in my books is awsome the gore is spread out but done very nicely. nice one gorge and dario
Mario
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What? Return of the Living Dead was way better than this piece of crap. Good thing they're making Return of the Living Dead 4: Necropolis.
N-Sackula
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was way too young when I saw this for the first time.  Never since have I been so freaked out by a movie.  Today's horror films are just too polished to be scary.  CG monsters suck.  Long live old-school gore fx!
Gary Erwin
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2003, 05:54:34 AM »

Clearly the best zombie film ever made- George A. Romero is a genius. I have been watching this film since i was about 13 and i turned out ok (other than wishing the world was full of zombies to give me something to do)!
Justin
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2003, 01:06:31 AM »

Just watched it for the first time and now this rates right up there with bad tatse. Realy realy gory, the whole movie had me jumping around in my seat with excitment. Great comments made about modern western life and humans in general. Everyones fighting each other instead of the zombies, no one realy cares about killing the zombies, they just wanna be safe. I found it hard to believe that the zombies brains could still work (even minimaly) with no blood running through it. I figured the virus must replace the bloodstream in the brain and get energy by some other manner. Sorry i just have to rationalise everything so i can enjoy it more. Realy good, realy shocking, realy funny, realy bad soundtrack. i loved every second of it!
James Perry
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Absolute classic!  I remember this creeping the crap out of me.  I had already seen the remake of Night of the Living Dead (as an adult, I lost sleep after that one!)  With Dawn It's almost like you sit there hoping that nothing gross or suspenseful is going to happen..then suddenly a zombie-dude's upper skull is removed by a helicopter blade or some zombie kids jump out from behind a door or zombies make a meal out of some bikers guts or you realize that the zombies are at the mall because they remember what it was like when they were alive or...well...you know.  Just creep stuff, man!  This flick made me a zombie movie fanatic!

I love the way it stops just being about the zombies in the middle.  Terrific stuff!  Leaves you guessing about what could happen next.  Current moviemakers would screw up a movie like this.  

The DVD is great!  Buy it.
James Perry
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

(Wish I could edit...wanted to add something)
This is strange, but I'm often reminded of Dawn Of The Dead while watching The Brady Bunch.  No, really!  Some of the incidental music from BB is just like the music from Dawn!  Check it out sometime. It's in the later episodes of the show.  Swear to God!
Scott Williams
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dawn of the Dead is one of my all-time favorite horror movies. The movie really creeped me out. I am a big fan of zombie movies. I think that zombies are the scariest, more scary than any other kind of monster. Dawn of the Dead makes you afraid to go to a viewing or funeral home because you think that the corpse will get right up and come after you! Great movie, it's a must-see for every diehard horror fan.
Chris Schneider
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"What are they doing, why do they come here?"
"Some kind of instinct, memory, what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives."
     This is my favorite line in any horror movie, ever. I worked in a huge mall for three years, because of that watching this movie gave a whole new meaning to customer service.
geaf
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is not exactly a 'Bad' movie..not like plan 9 or brain from planet Arous!
Its a classic Zombie flick :)
I always loved it....
cool film.
Great site by the way. just found it today and  cant wait to delve into these reviews
cheers
Mikey Misconduct
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2004, 05:20:26 PM »

How is this a BAD movie? This is my favorite movie of all time, and definetly one of the best horror films ever made. Alot of it is preety silly though. Laugh, yet be scared. Romero is god.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dawn of the Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.