Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:48:32 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Infra-Man « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Infra-Man  (Read 55214 times)
Jorge
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was 6/7 years old when I saw this movie. I remember having become flaberghasted and it stayed for a long time "as the movie of my life". It opened my horizons and my interest to the science fiction scene and only now, after 25 years I have come close to it. It is funny to verify that this movie seems to have influenced several people in the same way.
It is a must to see it again.

Econobrick
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw "Infra-man" recently with a friend, and I must say THIS IS THE GREATEST SCI-FI MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! The non-stop action and hilariuos sound fx / costumes make it a MUST-SEE FILM!!!
Mecha-Godzilla
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this movie when I was in second grade - thought it was great.  Saw it again when 21 yrs - thought the only redeamable thing to it was She-Demon.  If your in to Kung-Fu, Big/Wierd Monsters and Really Wierd Outfits (I don't think anyone in the movie dressed normally) you might survive (not enjoy) sitting through this entire movie.  Otherwise, don't count on it filling up 1.5 hrs.
Bart
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 01:37:05 PM »

I saw this one when I was a kid.... I laughed my u no what off.
Abbodon
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was the first real movie I took my kid brother to see, he was about 10 or so then. It must have made quite an impression on him as when Halloween rolled around he desperately wanted to be Infra-Man which was at the start frustrating as no Ben Cooper type costume was availible. Using a bit of ingenuity (and a roll of duct tape) my brother soon was a reasonible facsimile of Infra-Man, his pantlegs now resembled those shiny silver boots, upon a red sweatshirt was now a flashy mylar emblem to match the chromed 'Zorro' mask standing in for Infra-Man's incredible headgear. I even managed to spray paint an wide vinyl belt and affix a silver cardboard buckle to complete our version of this heroic garb.  My brother loved it, one of my favorite photos of him as a child is his posing as the kung fu super powered masked mystery man, ready to save Earth (or at least our neighborhood) from those wicked monsters.
Carlo DeGuzman
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie when I was a kid..not too sure when though. All I remember is that I was still in the early years of elementary school. I just loved it! But I guess it's the kinda movie only a kid could actually enjoy. It's just weird that Infra-Man came to mind all of a sudden and I looked it up in a search engine..and now here I am. I'm actually thinking about going over to Blockbuster Video and renting it again. I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid, but oh well, for old times sake. Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend this movie for ages 15&up..most likely because they'd think it's stupid and weird. But I think the majority of kids would still like to see this movie even in this day in age.
Spiritman
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Roger Ebert called this film one of his guilty pleasures. I agree. As a Children's Pastor, I can safely say that kids would definatly love this movie. If you like kung fu action and goofy sci-fi (ie Power Rangers) you'll enjoy this movie. this movie was a rip off of Ultraman but hey at least it's a good rip off. one of the three ansesteral movies to the Power rangers
Ryan Duggan
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is probably the greatest sci-fi movie ever made. i love the sound infra-man makes when he leaps; it's like a mini guitar solo. also did anyone else find the 'laser horn monster' and his dancing unbelievably hilarious?
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Is there a single b-movie fan out there who doesn't have fond childhood memories of this movie?  How the hell can you NOT love Inframan?
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2002, 07:55:48 PM »

I own it. I watched it. I still think this movie is dementedly funny.
Santo
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw Infra Man when i was a kid with my mom at a drive inn by my house.I loved the movie so much i had begged my cousin to take me to see it again!Then later in life it came on TV (SCI FI Theater) TBS channel back in 1989.
I taped it and kept it ever since..
Now my son (age 6) whos a big Power Ranger fan. I found the tape and showed it to him and he loved it to..To bad Infra Man won't be back any time in the future but he's still in me and my son heart..   04/05/02
George Beatty
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this Gem at a 24 hour Sci-fi movie marathon in the early 90's. Its crammed full of Kung fu action with a kickass Hero, crap acting and ill fitting monster outfits. So let me ask you, what else is needed in such a B-grade classic? A great time to be had by all and is my fave in this film genre. Inframan Rocks!!
S.Spaise
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I almost got thrown out of the theatre when I 1st saw this
(age 12)you rock the world for putting this site up,
the new celestial pictures release of this film should be out this year...keep an eye out!!!
Erek
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I had forgotten all about this movie.  I must have seen it 5 or 6 times in the movie theater in OK when it came out in 1975 (I was 5).  I think my cousins and I saw every weekend.  My uncle would leave and go to a bar..HeHe.  I think I just might buy it for my kids.  I am pretty sure this is the movie that shaped my world view of science.  Any thing is possible...even a thunderballt fist.  I hope it doesn't suck when I see it again.
John Cassidy
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Just to clarify things, ULTRAMAN is not the sole basis for SUPER INFRAMAN, but mainly KAMEN (MASKED) RIDER.  KAMEN RIDER, created by manga cartoonist Shoutarou Ishinomori in 1971, was the one that gave birth to the posing, morphing superheroes that flourished throughout the 70s to this day, with HUNDREDS of imitations!  So SUPER INFRAMAN didn't "inspire" the POWER RANGERS (which were not even American, either; They are based on another KAMEN RIDER offshoot, the Sentai Series, which started in 1975).  I'm afraid Americans have WAY too much to learn about Japanese superheroes and their influence.

However, I WILL agree that SUPER INFRAMAN kicks ass!  And, in many ways, surpasses its inspirations.  Probably the best Asian superhero film, bar-none.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Infra-Man « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.