Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:56:54 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Infra-Man « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Infra-Man  (Read 55221 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »

In the clip the film was kind of a bad quality... is that just the recording or is the entire movie like that?

I wrote the review and caught the clip many years ago.  The movie was on VHS, and it was an original (not a copy), but I remember the quality was poor.  There is a DVD available now that has very good sound and picture quality, so don't let that deter you.  This film is a whole lot of silly kung-fu and monsters action fun.

The Shaw Brothers did their take on Japanese monster bashers. The film comes off as a demented Power Rangers episode (and looks much like one) and is an absolutely stinker (I mean that in a good way).  If you're looking for one of those movies that you just can't shut off (for curiosity of seeing where it goes or how it ends) this is your ticket.  BounceGiggle

Li Hsu Hsien is Inframan  (if I recall) and he had become a star in his own right when he played alongside Betty Ting Pei in Bruce Lee: His Last Days, His Last Nights.  Betty was the real-life actress who was with the rea; Bruce Lee the night he died, and took a big chance starring in this movie.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »

actually, he didn't take a risk at all.  the Shaws were still in their "studio system" mode, so he made the movies they told him to make.  Bruce Lee... was made after Infra-man, as well.

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »

actually, he didn't take a risk at all.  the Shaws were still in their "studio system" mode, so he made the movies they told him to make.  Bruce Lee... was made after Infra-man, as well.

Actually I was referring to Betty Ting Pei, being she was the actual woman that was with Bruce Lee the night he died. There was a serious backlash against her as "the woman that killed Bruce Lee" and for her to actually star in a film about that actual night in question was a very risky and bold move for her. She had a lot to face down.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Scott M.
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 01:09:37 AM »

I saw this movie as a little kid, and I just watched it last night.  I must say that this movie is a THING OF BEAUTY !!!
We need to design a drinking game for this movie:

1. Drink whenever a montage of clips of InfraMan doing a single thing (IE when he first sits up as InfraMan, they show him sitting up about 4-5 times in a span of about 3 seconds).

2. Drink whenever there's an explosion.

Anyone have any other drinking game ideas for this movie ?  TeddyR
Blacklight
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 11:41:05 PM »

This movie has two really awesome stand-out scenes for me.  The first is when the scientist who looks like Col. Sanders is captured and being transported by monsters to Mount Demon (that was called Mount Devil earlier in the film).  You can clearly see that Col. Sanders is the one driving the boat with the two monsters sitting on each side of him.  Add in the somewhat inappropriate for the scene music and It looks more like they're heading out on a really silly fishing trip together. I can't tell you how many times my friend and I had to go back and watch that scene over and over again.

The other part I love is when Infra-Man finds himself frozen by Princess Dragon Mom's freeze ray or whatever it was.  As the monsters are carrying him off, the head of Japanese Col. Sanders slowly fades in like a ghost and says "Remember !  If you ever get frozen by liquid ice, you may use five of your rockets to thaw out !" as if it were some kind of flashback.  The funny thing is.... Col. Sanders NEVER IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE told him that !  Hehehe !

The next thing that me and my friends found hilarious were the doors in the Space Force headquarters.  Instead of opting for doors where you could just turn a knob and open them, they opted for the fancy kind where you walk up to them and they slide upward making a "WHUUUUUUM" sound.  The funny thing is that the doors all open REALLY REALLY slow so it takes a minute or so of waiting before they can get into whatever room they're going into.

The other thing we loved was the Space Force's incredible SECURITY !!  When Tu-Ming comes back all mind controlled, Col. Sanders says "Keep a good eye on him." and then in the next scene, we see him walking around... alone... with enough time and supervision to be able to overpower a guard, wait for the lab door to slowly open, steal the plans for Infra-Man, and escape. 
The same security issues occur when one of the monsters tunnels into the Space Force headquarters through a cave to plant a bomb.  Once the monster runs off and Infra-Man saves the day, we get treated to a scene where Col. Sanders' daughter is sitting in a room in the headquarters when a monster comes busting through the door, grabs her AND ESCAPES !!!  Now I don't think the monster came in through the front door.  Did they even THINK of guarding that cave that now leads into their basement ????
This movie is a hoot !  I never grow tired of watching it !!!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 07:34:30 PM »

I saw this movie as a little kid, and I just watched it last night.  I must say that this movie is a THING OF BEAUTY !!!
We need to design a drinking game for this movie:

1. Drink whenever a montage of clips of InfraMan doing a single thing (IE when he first sits up as InfraMan, they show him sitting up about 4-5 times in a span of about 3 seconds).

2. Drink whenever there's an explosion.

Anyone have any other drinking game ideas for this movie ?  TeddyR

If we did a drinking game of those two criteria, we be dead drunk by half way through! TeddyR

I'll add another criteria: take a shot when Infra-Man kicks some bad guys asses! TeddyR
we'd be then triple times dead drunk BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Chris McAvey
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 10:53:35 PM »

I think James Rolfe put it best in his review for the movie on Monster Madness -- "This movie is highly combustible and could go BOOM!!!"
Streebo
New Visitor

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2010, 06:31:31 PM »

Inframan is showing in 35mm this weekend at the Carolina Theatre in Durham, NC!  It's going to be awesome!!!

beelzebub
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »

I am pretty sure that one monster was just invisible & not hiding inside the rock ....
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Infra-Man « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.