Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:28:57 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Megaforce « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Megaforce  (Read 74013 times)
Iceman56
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Y'know, if you take this movie seriously, you'll hate it.  But, the fun is that this is a wonderful movie *not* to take seriously.  If you can keep your tongue planted firmly in cheek, and find a way to turn this movie into a high-stakes drinking game, this is an excellent movie.  I'm with Matt.  I loved this movie when I was 13, and I love it now - I'll probably be the first person in line if and when it comes out on DVD.  I only wish all the spandex-clad characters had been women!  Keep the 'splosions and cool vehicles a-comin'!
Axle
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

After I saw this movie as a kid, I mounted bottle rockets to the sides of my bicycle.

It still gives me that feeling.
Kenny Skallari
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dude, this movie is so funny.  My favorite scene is the sky diving training with Hunter and that hot chick.  Watch how Hunter spazes out right before he pulls his rainbow colored chute.  Also that token black guy who's really smart is f**kin hallarious, and Dallas is totally gay (what's with the Skoal shirt).  I sat down the other day and got all baked, then laughed my ass off for two hours watching this fantastical piece of magical dog s**t. Long live the greatest super hero ever! ACE HUNTER
Willa
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie!  A blast for the past.. I just happened to be scanning the channels today and it was on... Really fun nostalgia.. and Barry was a hottie back then and not to bad now ....Don't overanalyze..it was meant to be fun and simple...
Swamprat
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Another of Hal Needam's excuses to film a bunch of wild assed stunts that just won't fit in any "serious" movies. Pure comic book movie. Nothing wrong with that, but it does suck big time. Barry Bostwick sticks out like a sore thumb, why was this man cast in this. Michael Beck's moron good ole boy wouldn't last ten minutes in any "elite" military force. Military Pros spot an idiot quicker than a fly spots s**t...a common Marine private from Alabama would beat this redneck lunatic to death at first sight. Feeble attempts at humor throughout, it's Hal winking at us, saying "Get it? Get it?" Yeah, we get it...and it still ain't funny. If you're fascinated with the intricate culturual delicacies of monster truck pulls, you might enjoy watching Yahoos on rocket powered motorcycles with guns and explosives. To each his own. The chick at least has hair this time, her film debut was in the first Star Trek movie...she was bald as a cueball with pointed ears...she was also a Miss India...and died real young a few years ago. She was huge in her native country...apparently no one ever sent a copy of Megaforce to India. I'm not giving away the ending but if you try to watch this piece of s**t from the beginning you'll be tempted to give up on it about halfway through. If you fast foreward and watch the last five minutes first...you'll be hooked like a carp on a Wheatie Ball. May God help your soul for the next ninety minutes.
Joe
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Looks like we need our OWN "Megaforce" to wipe out these terrorist states today!
A seriously funny movie!
Rob
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I had a strange infatuation with this film in the 80's when I was but barely a teen. Although I have since seen the error of my acting judgement criteria, I still find this film to be such a raw, primal (albeit chaotic and poorly directed) showing of acion, action and more action that it still draws me to watch it once a decade.

What are you doing in 2006 ?
Big Rich
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I finaly found some others who appreciate the pure genius of this creation. My childhood consisted of repeatedly whatching this hunter and the boys kick but! The movie was rehashed in Australia recently when it was used as a backdrop for an album launch. The production designer was awe-struck when he realised somebody else knew what the movie was that was being played. You guys should include a couple more classic quotes though eg. before the last battle scene, Guerera to Hunter "Their all just numbers! Numbers", and Dallas to Zara "I've heard you make trouble makin' in the woods down right desirable".
Matt
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Actually, the quote was "and the kind of soldier that makes bivouacing in the woods seem downright desireable".

I think the funniest (and corniest) line in the movie was when Ace says to Zara  "oh, I didn't say you could tell everything about a soldier... by looking at his chest"

The movie hearkens back to a more innocent age, if such an age really ever existed.  Viewed in the context in which is was filmed, it makes a lot more sense.  Unfortunately, to remember that context almost requires you to be over 30 years old.  The 20-somethings didn't really live through the early 80's.  Even for those mid-30's people like myself, we didn't live through Vietnam, and a lot of the 70's-80's political claptrap deals squarely with the events of the early 70's.  I understand the early 70's, but not as clearly as I would if I were 10 years older.

BTW, the executive producer of Megaforce, Raymond Chow, is responsible for many of the best martial arts movies ever made.  His production company, Golden Harvest, was also responsible for financing Cannonball Run 1 and 2.
John Southard
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2003, 07:02:39 PM »

I saw this film at the $1.50 show the year it came out I believe about 1981. I thought it was cheesy even then. It however has always stuck with me. I remember reading an article about it in Starlog #61 I just had to see it after that. This is one of those films that fits in the so bad its good category. A few years ago imagine my delight when I found this long out-of-print gem selling for a few bucks in a used video bargain bin. Perhaps a double feature of Megaforce and Gymkata are in order in the near future.    
Jackson Sutherland
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

One must remember 3 things.

1. MegaForce was, is and always will be intended as a satire

2. The theme song made more money than the film did.

3. Dean Cameron Rocks.
Sammy
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is THA' s**t! Love every crappy scene! Is there to be a DVD? Oh please God! If you knock this movie then you're kinda missing the point. It was ment to be knocked...and laughed at. It rules!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2004, 02:01:41 PM »

Steve S.
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Loved it as a 10 year old when it came out
on my birthday on June 25th, 1982. I'm currently
putting together a web-site as a tribute to this
cult classic. Just a quick note. The band
that did the theme song was 707, featuring
Tod Howarth (as we know was guitar and vocals
in Frehley's Comet, hence the remake titled
"Calling to You".

Stay tuned for site info, if yer interested.
Dante
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Kicks ass.....plain and simple.I need it on DVD now! :(

peace.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Megaforce « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.