Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:18:14 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain from Planet Arous « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Brain from Planet Arous  (Read 64907 times)
Aaron Kang
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The script must've been written by the evil floating brain himself!

While watching this movie I felt like my own brain was going to explode, for about 6 times. All the characters seem to live in some kind of fantasy world where people encounter giant floating brains and stoned-looking possessed men with superpowers every now and then. No-one shows a smallest sign of disbelief; especially the representatives of the UN must be really busy traveling around the world to negotiate with psychos that release maniac laughter after their every claim.

Fun to watch, but prepare to be stunned by the brains' superpowers, or the plot in general.
piper1fl
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Loved finding a site relating to this movie. I have NEVER been able to forget this movie in all my years since I first saw it on Ernie Anderson's GOULARDI show when I was a kid growing up in Akron (cleveland ohio area). John Agar was the best B Movie actor of his time. Thanks for the memories.
penny
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

There is really is an ultra sensitive radiation detector called a ...Scintillator. It uses an image intensifier tube to detect the flashes caused by beta and alpha particles on a zinc sulfide screen.
  It is so sensitive that was commonly flown on airplanes to detect the slight radioactivity of dinosaur bones from the air.
  The technology dates from before the 1940's.

So the reviewer got this detail wrong.

penny
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

My comment about scintillators was actually addressed to the jabutto review, where he says:
//
As they pack, Steve asks Dan to try out the ‘sinilator’ (or something). This proves to be a device resembling an Art Deco hair dryer attached to a black box. I assume this is supposed to be a directional Geiger counter
//

Sorry
Mr. Ass
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2005, 02:10:34 PM »

Who ever heard of a brain having sex. What a piece of completly random bulls**t. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!!
david cabaniss
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 12:01:40 PM »

My father was in this movie, His professional name was Henry Travis and he played colonel frogley. Its great to see that this b movie relic is still floating around, hopefully entertaining some............
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

yeah no.
marcus
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 04:16:22 PM »

I love this movie!, for some reason it just seems to come off really well considering how ridiculous it all is.
Did Sally's father appear in 'The Adams family' or 'The Munster's' ?.
I've definitely seen him before.
It's been rightly described as a fun movie, and i can only go along with that.
Classic American 50's Sci-fi.
Recommended.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »

Did Sally's father appear in 'The Adams family' or 'The Munster's' ?.
I've definitely seen him before.

Yes: he played "Mr. Jennings" in one episode of The Addams family.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »

Just noticed that it repeated the message that I wrote about 3 times. lol
Bonesy
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 02:00:26 AM »

This movie is so stupid. I wish I'd watched it with someone so I could point out all the ridiculousness as it happened. There are so many points in the movie where the plot doesn't add up or there is some hideously contrived scene to shuffle the weak story along.

The final scene is the icing on the cake, after careful examination of the encyclopedia Britannica it seems the secret method to destroy the evil brain is bludgeon it with an axe while it is outside the dude's body. Gee, glad we had the super alien genius from another planet to advise such a course of action. The final scene of the movie does provide a good chuckle though, especially as you can clearly see the wires jerking the brain about.
supermarky
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »

John Agar was married to Shirley Temple. Also a lot of the cast is part of the AIP "Ensemble" they are recycled to marvelous effect in other masterworks such as Blood of Dracula and How to Make a Monster, which are even badder than this actually. . . and come together on one DVD and are very rewarding to watch side by side because they use the same plot and character templates down to the minute practically!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »

This movie is so stupid. I wish I'd watched it with someone so I could point out all the ridiculousness as it happened. There are so many points in the movie where the plot doesn't add up or there is some hideously contrived scene to shuffle the weak story along.

I just like to point out that this is a 50's B-movie, so of course there will be goofs and yes, it's a monster b-movie so stuff won't add up at some points.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain from Planet Arous « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.