Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:31:04 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People  (Read 37278 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 06:18:23 PM »

Thematicly intresting...but it still makes me want to order pizza.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Cinematic Manic
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 02:41:58 PM »

It seems to me there are three reasons that people deliberately watch these quality of movies:

1. They are goddam funny. You have to love the badness and appreciate it for its true entertainment value.

2. Nostalgia. I remember this beauty from my teenage years.

3. To have friends over, get a little "confused" and have a ball making fun of them.

The psychedelic scene alone is worth it. This is a gem of a movie. Wonderful.

Brenda
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 04:34:10 PM »

Can someone email me and let me know if this is the movie version where the guy is in a cell at the end of the movie and telling this story. He has become half mushroom. Dun Dun Dun!!
Brenda
jknbk1984@hotmail.com
-E
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »

I saw this when I was young. Except it was in black and white and MUCH darker (film quality-wise) .  To this day, I refuse to eat mushrooms!  I saw it again last year in full color and too brightly lit.  In that light (pardon the pun), it matches the reviews. In it's original very dark b&w, on a cold dark night, it's one of the best B-movies ever played on our local Nightmare Theater (every city had their own version of our Nightmare Theater). Big difference between dark and menacing scary shadows and brightly lit rubber mushroom suits!
The MooCow
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »

Hey, did any of you notice the poor quality of the dubbing in this film?  Hey, it seems like every character says "Hey" 40 or 50 times.  Hey, maybe it was my verision only?  Hey!!  it's hard to cowcentrate on the 'drug symbolism' when the dubbing is so poor and laughable and everyone says HEY so damn much!
;=8)
CarnyTrash
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »

Of course, bad dubbing doesn't help, but I actually like this movie. There are a few scenes that are genuinely creepy, IMO.
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »

It's worth noting that the film comes from a very very good English horror short-story by William Hope Hodgson.  Seek out his work if good, creepy ghost & supernatural monster stories are your fare.

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Alan
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 02:25:44 PM »

I find Matango to be one the better sci-fi/horror films Toho produced in the 1960s. It's one of Ishiro Honda's best films and up there with the original Godzilla. I think the majority of people who dislike it are missing the point.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.