Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:42:56 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Urban Legend « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Urban Legend  (Read 34549 times)
pred19
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

After the huge success of 'Scream', it was almost fate that tons of knock-offs would appear.

But, in the case of 'Urban Legends', I think the source was outdone by an even better movie.

I love urban legends to begin with, and I think the movie used some of the best (like the excellent opening sequence). The twist villain was pretty good, although the revenge thing could be considered weak. I liked it though, she was just like 'I know killing you and all your friends won't bring him back, but I don't care, either'. The one stupid part in the whole thing was how the villain managed to survive so much damage, like Michael Meyers or Jason. She's just a nutjob! When they get shot or thrown out of a building, they get hurt, too!

Fun horror movie, though, one of the best out there in recent years. I enjoyed it a lot, more than 'Scream' or 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'... just stay away from the sequel.
Jersey J.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2003, 06:05:25 PM »

I would recommend this film for sure. Being the loyal Michael Rosenbaum fan I am I would suggest if you want to see more of him then check out the DVD version also. Great movie! It was funny and scary and not a scream rip-off like lots of recent movies. A+ perfect movie for friday night or Halloween. Would not recommend it to animal rights activists! hehe
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It's one of the better "slasher" films, but it's still not very good.
Money
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm back I saw the movie not bad. but that guy servives the poprocks and soda.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 10:08:47 PM »

I wouldn't buy the dvd, and it is pretty terrible.

Yet, at the same time, I'm quite proud to admit that when Halloween week rolls around, I end up watching this at least twice.  I'd give it like, 2 and a half  Thumbup

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Kit
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 12:44:56 PM »

Reasons why I like this film:
 1) Most of the whiny people die in fun productive ways. Cheers

2) Robert Englund ( WOOHOO FREDDY) TeddyR

3) Michael Rosenbaum (Not so cute with hair he just looks *shudders* Average) Smile
 4) JARED LETO (I am a fan girl. I admit it and I'm proud. This has something to do with him being a singer) hot

ONLY REASONS TO SEE THIS FILM . and if you like urban legends and like to see them being carried out.

Rebecca
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:44 PM »

I thought this movie had a good concept to it but why does every movie with a good plot always end up so crappy? Someone please explain this to me. Thumbdown
Goat Boy
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 03:06:07 AM »

Dude, Natalie is Alicia Witt, the hottest redhead on the planet!  How could you not mention that?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Urban Legend « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.