Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:12:06 PM
713359 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Urban Legend « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Urban Legend  (Read 34548 times)
Dave
« on: November 19, 2000, 02:13:13 PM »

Oh come on...I liked this film and not to mention having the Noxima chick in it rocked...it was an interesting spin on the slasher genre....totally disagree with the one slim rating...at least 3 or 4
Christian
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I thought Urban Legend was a little dorky, but it's a movie you can see on Halloween for a laugh. If you see this movie you will be very "surprised" when the murderer is revealed.
chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2000, 06:01:04 PM »

This movie sucked.  I give it a skull, but I do wish to point out that the goth chick is none other that Danielle Harris (Jamie in Halloween 4 and 5), my my she sure has, er, grown.
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Name the worst film ever made? PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE. No! The remake of PSYCHO? Not even close! The film URBAN LEGENDS? Now that's the ticket! URBAN LEGENDS could recieve the Golden Turkey Award for being a horrible piece of bad filmmaking, but are their any good sides to the film? Is there any gross gore to spare? What about performances and the plot? One word to describe those questions: BAD! The gore is limited and even when it is shown it is totally substandard. Herschell Gordon Lewis and Andy Milligan created far better and shocking gore than this! Acting ranges from crap to just plain junk. Plot? Their is no plot people (maybe the writers of THE MATRIX thought a zero-plot would work just as it did on URBAN LEGENDS-not even close)! URBAN LEGENDS is just bad! Plain bad! Their are other films better than this. URBAN LEGENDS is just like SCREAM, HALLOWEEN, and I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER: bad, bad, bad. I said my piece, now it is up to you to decide.
Christian
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2000, 01:22:21 PM »

Chris K, I hope you mean Halloween (H20) from 1998, not Halloween (1978). Because the original has nothing to do with Scream and the other comedies.
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Christian, I mean the original 1978 film of HALLOWEEN. Don't bite my head off for this, but I really don't like HALLOWEEN. I just watched it for Donald Pleasence's great acting tallents. The gore was very limited in HALLOWEEN and most horror films work better with that shocking gore effects (some prime examples are BLOOD FEAST, TWO THOUSAND MANIACS!, COLOR ME BLOOD RED, THE GRUESOME TWOSOME, A TASTE OF BLOOD, THE WIZARD OF GORE, THE EVIL DEAD, THE EXORCIST, EVIL DEAD 2, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE, ZOMBIE, THE BEYOND, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, etc.). But I really don't think SCREAM and I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER are comedies. However, SCREAM 2 and SCREAM 3 provied some black humor, but the humor was not funny at all. And let's not forget HALLOWEEN also spawned out some bad sequels (the very worst was HALLOWEEN 3). But it doesn't matter if HALLOWEEN is a comedy or not, it still was not at all good. People sing prases to HALLOWEEN or SCREAM because everybody else does. If you really like to see a scary film watch LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE (1974). That is scary as hell!  
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2000, 05:06:37 PM »

oh please. a movie like this can make you throw up due to the badness of the film. why not just burn the negative of urban legend and maybe we will become american heros. the question i am asking is who likes this film? andybody who does has got to be a complete idiot, and then some.  
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2000, 05:08:19 PM »

Urban Legend! yeah i remember seeing this one in the theatres. why did they make Urban Legends: Final Cut. lets just hope the sequel is the final cut-thank goodness.
Jon W
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Um...The inclusion of a "Dawson's Creek" cast member should have been the first tip-off to how bad this is. Watch this, "The Skulls" and "Gossip" for a "Joshua Jackson tri-fecta of crap" night!
john butterworps
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

a couple of things about this film.

1. how comes there was only ONE police officer available
at any time, and that one spent her time on duty watching
blaxploitation films?

2. how come a set of around 10 murders at one university
become an 'urban legend' within a year, whereas the
murders at columbine are still considered 'real'?

3. yeah and how the hell were the last set of murders
covered up so well, with only awful student journalists
prepared to uncover 'the truth'?

4. i'm english, but had anyone who made the film actually
been to university/college? or are lectures really like
that? and are college students really so dense that they
need to have the pop rocks thing PHYSICALLY proven to
them?
Daniel
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2001, 04:12:36 PM »

I usually make long opinions, but this one is going to be short. Anyway, I know a way to watch something VERY similiar to this film. Step 1: Take a large dump on the nearest toilet. Step 2: Look in toilet before flushing. Step 3: There is no Step 3 because Step 2 was the last one(though, you could just flush). Therefore, that is my opinion.
Jesus Thorn
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Key elements I liked: 1) Opening scene with Brad Douriff (Chucky); 2) Danielle Harris (she's looking good as the Goth chick; 3) Robert Englund's presence. Hmmm. . . that's about it. The rest of this movie was terrible, uninspired, non-creative garbage. How hard is it really, to see the face of your killer? She was wearing an everyday winter coat. Why all the shadow? Mystery? Please. I didn't see the sequel to this tripe, but it looked an awful lot like Scream 3. The fact that a sequel was even made. . . oh, I better stop. I've drawn blood.
Jesus Thorn
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hehe, oops. Reading over my previous comment just now, I noticed that I revealed the killer's sex. Well, good! I'm glad. In fact, I should give the whole ending away to anyone who hasn't seen it. Save you the trouble. You'll thank me later.
Rob
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Holy s**t!  That was Brad Dourif?  I thought he looked familiar!  He's generally a much better actor than that, though.
MessiahMan
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I watched about half of this film.  I would have finished it, had there not been something I ended up having to do.  I had the opportunity later to finish it, but chose not to.  There's only so much teeny-boppery I can handle before throwing up, and although this wasn't THAT godawful, it had enough to rise my gorge.  Let's not forget the fact that it's just another scream knockoff for a minute...it seriously had no redeeming qualities.  No gore, no nudity, no amusing lines...just an atypical whodunnit "horror" movie of today.  Truly nothing special.  The one slime rating is more than justified, in my book.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Urban Legend « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.