Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:47:20 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wild World of Batwoman « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wild World of Batwoman  (Read 24740 times)
Nazgul Queen
« on: May 09, 2003, 01:43:07 AM »

I guess some things are just better with the MST3K guys on the box. There are just somew movies that scream MST3K. Like say...The Apple or Black Mask 2.
TCBK1015
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 08:47:16 AM »

The reason I gave this a skull is that I saw the full verson and, without the MST3K crew, no matter how campy it is, its too painful to watch.  It ranks right up there with both Red Zone Cuba AND Manos, but just barley with Manos.
Rich
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

In my opinion (unfortunately the only one I have to give), the only really bad movie is a boring one and Wild World of Batwoman is not boring. It is, however, astonishingly bad. Colossally bad. Adjectiveendlessly bad. For instance, when the bad guys offer a captured Batwoman milk and maccaroons...it's a bad movie. While not as entertaining as Plan 9, it really belongs in some sort of time capsule right along next to it.
(Head-shakingly bad.)
Krazy Kat
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Rating this one a skull seems a bit harsh. It's true that it's frequently boring and even occasionally painful. But at least it has spurts of campyness, which is more than you can say for some other MST3K turds like Manos, Red Zone Cuba, or Squirm. Now those are worthy of being rated a skull.
Scott
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I don't get it...was there a law or something that said Batwoman couldn't be as young and beautiful as the girls who worked for her? oh, one other thing...SYNTHETIC VAMPIRES? I agree with Crow's comment on the MST3K ep..."It's like we're smart, but we're not!"
novice8814@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

C'mon guys! The wild world of Bat Woman was funny with a capital F. Hey, Siouxsie and the Banshees stole their look from this crassic hit.
  When it's running late and you want "the guest who wouldn't leave" to go. Pop The wild world of Bat Woman in the DVD player. He'll go.
Darth Razmus
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 11:11:35 PM »

All I can say is if you see this movie in a rental shop swap it with something better and destroy the movie
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 03:42:12 PM »

I saw this last night for the first time on a double bill with the Mexican "Santa Claus".  "Santa Claus" is Citizen Kane compared to this one --
The review here could have gone into a bit more detail, like how the Batgirl club spends most of their time thrashing out rules and regulations of the Batgirl society sort of like the Judaen People's Front vs. The People's Front of Judaea . . . Also, just how unfortunately unattractive the elderly actress with the oversized bosom IS, squeezed into her Batwoman costume --
Beggars description, really -- As someone said here, just headshakingly awful --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »

Brain damage on a stick. Only Mike and the Bots made this tolerable...barely.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
The Riffer
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »

Got some laffs from this one.. it's a jaw-hanger.
 I been collecting up this B-stuff since the mid 70s...this is my 1st post..
 A lot of the stuff reviewed here...prolly shouldn't be..like Jack Frost or Freddie or a lot of the later stuff. There's a ton of oldies I don't see here... it's hard to grasp some of it if u weren't around in the fifties.
 Anything made past the early 60s..is starting to get a bit 'deliberate'.. like a send-up...
 Beast of Yucca Flats..was made on a budget of ZILCH. Tor Johnson got THREE hundred Bux for starring in it !! You can't criticize such a movie... only goggle at it.
Why are the Evil Dead movies in here.. ? They were pretty dang good, so where is the line on 'B' ?
 Dig deeper my friends.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »

I have seen both.  It is bad but not as bad as the early original Batman movie with Adam West.  At least with Wild World of Batwoman there were some pretty ladies to look at instead of guys in tites.

I would suggest an upgrade to one slime for the ladies.  Cheers

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
The Awful Doctor Orloff
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 12:03:17 AM »

I haven't seen this, and I can't think of a single reason why I'd want to, but I read somewhere that, because they already owned a character called Batwoman, DC successfully sued the studio for copyright infringement, which resulted in some prints having the title changed to "She Was A Hippy Vampire". Which sounds like something I'd feel like watching if I didn't know it was just this movie with a new name. Is this true?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »

I haven't seen this, and I can't think of a single reason why I'd want to, but I read somewhere that, because they already owned a character called Batwoman, DC successfully sued the studio for copyright infringement, which resulted in some prints having the title changed to "She Was A Hippy Vampire". Which sounds like something I'd feel like watching if I didn't know it was just this movie with a new name. Is this true?

I've heard this too- The Unknown Movies repeats the story here.  He explains that the scene before the credits with the Batgirls initiating a new member by making her drink "blood" was added to justify the vampire angle, which I don't think is mentioned anywhere else in the movie.

And welcome, Dr. Orloff: I feel like I know you already.  Smile

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wild World of Batwoman « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.