Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:49:00 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Teenagers from Outer Space « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teenagers from Outer Space  (Read 30036 times)
Dr. Freex
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Man, I loved this movie when I was a kid. The Skeleton Ray scared the living crap out of me, and somehow I recall the Gargan as being much more... *ahem*... impressive. Harvey B. Dunn (I think that's his name), who played Grandpa, was the Inspector in "Bride of the Monster", and somehow it seems to make perfect sense to find him in this movie.

I agree: it should be seen by all B-movie fans.
Blair
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh my god, ya'll, I've seen this movie. The thing is, I don't remember where or why. What I do remember are those funky jumpsuits and the big lobsters.

I may have seen it on an old show called "Plenty Scary Movies," which were anything but, or on a Sunday afternoon.

Anyway, I just had to unburden my soul about seeing this movie.
JJ
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

You might have seen this one on MST3K, they riffed it a couple of years ago. And boy did they have a good time with it, there's just so much material- from the lamest monster ever (a lobster's SHADOW?!) to the funky cars & jumpsuits, with a touch of teen angst thrown in. It's like, "I feel so conflicted- our orders are to destroy this planet, but there are hot babes here!" 50's cheese at it's finest!  
Bill Huelbig
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE has a kind of crazy charm to it that many no-budget movies often have.  It's something that couldn't be duplicated with all the money in the world.  I'd recommend it over some overrated epic like SAVING PRIVATE RYAN any day (no, I really mean it!)  Favorite line (among so many): "BE SWIFT!"

FLANGEPART
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Torcha!" Hah,had to say it. I like it MST'ed,but i have to say,this is prime cheese! With a pickel. The skeleton rey was the best,cheapest,and effective effect in this bird.
Alan
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie in 1968. My cousin made me watch it.  Scared me to death.  I'd like to see Mystery Science Theatre 3000 work this one over.
danger
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 11:16:56 AM »

these teenagers are very old teenagers, like 40 something, heeheehee. And I laughed hard at the cutaway scene when the love interst is in her room & she changes into the same dress! hahahahaha!
John
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I first saw TFOS twice on a late afternoon TV cinema when I was 13. I now own the movie on videoA band of alien teenagers invade our earth to use it for grazing those giant lobster-like "Gargons". A little dog gets zapped into doggie bones just for barking at the curious strangers who landed in that field. Derek is devastated by Thor's first use of that disintegrator as he looks through the remains of Sparky and picks up the dog tag he finds in the remains. Unwilling to be part of the team and plans to invade earth to use it, Derek escapes and wanders off into the suburbs but before he runs off  and looks up the owner who's a young cute and nice brunette, she was looking for her dog for 20 minutes since she put his breakfast out for him. Thor chases after Derek, hitches a ride with a man who stops at a gas station where Derek happened to stop and ask about the inscription on Sparky's tag. The young gas station attendant recognizes Thor wearing the same uniform he saw Derek wear, asks about it, suddenly Thor realizes that Derek was there, and angrily pumps the attendant for Derek's whereabouts, the car driver thinking his rider is nuts starts to take off but before he can accelerate gets zapped into bones then Thor turns to the terrified attendant and skeletonizes him too. Along the way Thor commits a trail of devastating bizarre murders, a young blonde in a swimming pool and a college professor. Finally as Thor gets close to finding Derek he gets into a gun battle with the police and skeletonizes 2 cops before getting it in the shoulder by one of their bullets. Wounded he ducks out of sight and sneaks away then traps Derek and his new earth girlfriend and persuades them to take Thor to a clinic to fix him up. Thor and his focusing disintegrater is just as treacherous as if not more than those Gargons the aliens plan to graze on our earth. I'd reccomend this movie to any fan of science fiction or even B movie lovers. It aint such a bad flick for a B-Graded movie.
Autumn
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 02:12:26 PM »

I just wanted to thank you for the review. It definitely made me laugh as I reflected back upon the painful experience I had watching this film. Alas, the things we must do when working for a TV station that airs B-movies on a weekly basis! Thanks for the laugh.
Rick
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »

Frig, this was the first scary movie I ever saw, was around 1963 and it scared the snot out of me.  Ray guns were serious business back then, such advanced technology.  But I had my Johnny Seven in bed with me for weeks after that so with my one man army, I was ready!
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 01:43:59 PM »

Saw the MST3K version of this.  It wasn't very memorable, but the skeleton-zapping gun was cool and the lobster monster made up for any boring-ness of the movie.  Seriously, that thing was awesome ;).

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
David Newey
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »

15/14/2010

Gee just watched the flick for the 3rd time, in about ten years. it is late night in Australia, on a community t.v station, there's nothing like a b grade movie late at night!.. I wonder if anyone spotted in the scene at the university in the professors office that after the professor was zapped, if you look closely at the skeleton, you can see a series of numbers on the inside thigh bone ! how hilarious ! I think the skeleton was from a medical school and was numbered.
Blacklight
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »

The thing that I always found hilarious about this movie was how tiny the alien's flying saucer was.  Seriously.  You would be lucky to fit ONE person in there with his legs all scrunched up.  Let alone the numbers that they supposedly had living in it.  TeddyR
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 07:50:42 PM »

Easily one of the best of the worst. The lobster monster at the end is a nice touch on top of a movie that clearly has old people portraying teenagers.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »

Man, I loved this movie when I was a kid. The Skeleton Ray scared the living crap out of me, and somehow I recall the Gargan as being much more... *ahem*... impressive. Harvey B. Dunn (I think that's his name), who played Grandpa, was the Inspector in "Bride of the Monster", and somehow it seems to make perfect sense to find him in this movie.

I agree: it should be seen by all B-movie fans.

I'm in accord with the good Doctor; I hadn't seen this in about forty-some years when I caught it on ONE-STAR THEATER back in '09.

I couldn't believe how charmingly bad it
was, the duct tape on the costumes and all, not to mention the acting and the traveling matte of a lobster as the alien monster.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Teenagers from Outer Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.