Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:44:01 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Spaceship « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Spaceship  (Read 29352 times)
Josh
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Great, great reference to 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' back there. Very, very obscure! This trully makes you a master of... of... of something, but a master none the less. Later!
Fletch
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2001, 08:06:31 AM »

I found the bushpig quote hillareous. Here in Australia a bushpig is a sexually promiscuous but ugly woman who you would only want to have sex with if you were drunk and desperate, very desperate.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2001, 12:22:29 PM »

This is still probably funnier than Spy Hard.
Rob
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie has been released on dvd under the title
"Naked space"...don't be fooled though it still really
sucks. I bought this movie without seeing it, based on it
having Leslie Nielson...big mistake.
The Congo Kid
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I believe this movie was also released under the title "The Creature Wasn't Friendly."  Whatever the case, the show does have some funny spots... and actually, the whole show is worth seeing, simply for the scene where they're reading the creature's mind.

Dave C
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Spaceship / The Creature Wasn't Nice (?) / Naked Space is a stupid movie, but all Leslie Nielson's movies are supposed to be stupid.

I still laugh about this movie almost 20 years after seeing it for the first time in the early 1980's.  Of course, I thought Star Wars Episode I was ok too, so I guess I could never be a professional movie critic.
Swamprat
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I remember seeing this thing under the title "The Creature Wasn't Nice." I saw it on cable a long time ago. It looks like it's a made for cheap TV movie...reallll cheap TV. Everybody in it was a minor TV somebody at the time. Nielson had become a comedy star by then though...but most of his younger fans have no idea that he'd been a reasonably successful serious actor in film and TV throughout the fifties and sixties. With the massive success of AIRPLANE and the NAKED GUN series and movies he got something very rare in Hollywood...a second chance. He IS funny. When the material's funny. Unfortunately for his fans, (myself included), this piece of s**t isn't. Parody is very hard to write, especially for an "American" audiance. We just don't do parody well and we don't seem to "get it" if it's done too cleverly. It's our "formula story" upbringing I guess. I think this thing was an attempt to cash in on Nielson's success at the moment. "Spoof something! Anything hot! Star Wars! Space movies! Yeah! Get Nielson! We can't lose! Get whoever else to fill out the cast... get a bunch of them TV actors! They all foam at the mouth for a movie shot! They'll work for scale to get on the real screen! All we need is Nielson and a script that makes fun of space movies! WE CAN'T LOSE!!!" That's what I think happened. This movie did lose, and it's still a total loss. Even in other spoofs that weren't that good, Nielson was still funny...he goes down with the ship in this one. I don't think anything could save this piece of s**t. Seeing Patrick Macnee in this just saddens me. I love that guy. The original Avengers was one of the first TV shows I remember from when I was a kid. I've always been fond of this gentlemanly British character actor and love seeing him pop up in films here and there...I wish to hell he'd stayed in England for tea when they casted this turd.
dave g.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

i will have to say that this movie is the cheesiest of the cheesy, but that's why i loved it.  i will never forget the loving look in cindy williams' eyes as she looks over her shoulders to say good morning to the picture of the dogs.  i laughed my you know what off the first time i saw this movie...so much so in fact, that at the end of the movie i was still laughing at stuff from the middle.  i know im in the minority on this one, but i thought this movie was absolutely hysterical and i love it!!!!!!
Mark
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is a marvelously bad movie.

I first saw it an the USA network - I think Commander USA was showing it.  

I spent years looking for it under it's previous titles, and was thrilled when I discovered it had been re released as "Naked Space" on DVD.  

The song alone is worth the cost of the video.  Patrick Macnee is gifted at playing the scientist who refuses to let common sense cloud his judgement.  

mir
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Okay, this movie is very nostalgic to me.  I think I was like maybe 11 or 12 when I saw this movie - I thought it was funny then, and frighteningly enough, I still have to chuckle at it.  There are many parts, (like the extremely long scream and Jon's "special concoctions" that really made me laugh!
Todd Shields
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 12:53:35 PM »

A waste of a good idea and a good cast. I found the humor forced and unfunny.
Lee Thompson
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have seen a lot of blind speculation here about this film.  People make guesses at what the filmmakers were thinking and cast unfair aspersions on the director, Bruce Kimmel.  Well, I for one would like to clear up some of those unfair remarks. Kindly direct your attention to this website: http://brucekimmel.com/nakedspace.html.htm

There, you can read the history of how Bruce was constrained by budget and overrun by studio execs, resulting in a mess that doesn't resemble his intentions at all. Rewrites, overdubbing, re-editing, and bad musical scoring marred his work, and he was unable to do anything to stop it from happening. His movie wasn't ruined by the director himself; it was ruined by the studio.

And yet, many of us--myself included--still think this is a great movie; it is wonderfully awful in the spirit of Ed Wood and Rocky Horror.

But before anyone else says nasty stuff about the director, read the real story.
Bruce Kimmel
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Many thanks to Lee Thompson for the link to the true story of The Creature Wasn't Nice/Spaceship/Naked Space.  We're in talks to put out a SE DVD of my original version (The Creature Wasn't Nice) along with a properly framed and printed version of Spaceship/Naked Space.

There are many typos in the linked interview - the fellow who does that site is a bit dyslexic - so when I'm talking about the score and you see that I wanted at "there in" it should read "theremin".  
Russ Williams
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 11:56:40 AM »

Me and my girlfriend frist saw this movie in 1981 and we are still laughing about it now!.But until now we did not know the right title due too the fact that the video shop closed some years ago.Please PLEASE!.Bring this very film out on DVD/PAL.Our son would love it!.CHEERS
Money
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 08:52:24 AM »

One qustion Were is the mouth on the monster?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Spaceship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.