Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:19:25 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Beast of Yucca Flats « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Beast of Yucca Flats  (Read 65383 times)
Dr. Freex
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ah, the astounding Coleman Francis.  I'd wish he'd made more movies, but since they all seem to run three hours or more, even though they hardly push the 80 minute mark, that's probably a *good* thing.

Incidentally, I'd be almost willing to bet that in the WTF beginning... that *ain't* Tor.  Oh, sure, they'd like us to believe it is, but I'm not buying it.

Dr. Maniac
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Could 56 minutes really be this long?  Yes!  Tor Johnson was 58 when he played this, his last feature film role.  As if the thought of Tor playing a rocket scientist isn't enough to get you honking your horn at the drive-in screen!
He has defected to America to explain how a flag was planted on the Moon, a plot divice that is forgotten some 10 minutes into the picture!
   You have to love the scenes where the KGB agents chase Tor into the desert.  These 2 guys run and run and run but cannot catch the 400 lb ex-wrestler.  They also shoot at him from all of 30 yards away and miss!  After Tor is changed into The Beast he is able to sneak up on several people who evidently cannot hear him walking up behind them.
This is one time wherte you really have to keep repeating "It's only a movie . . .only a movie . . .only a movie . . ."
   Will someone tell me why all the signs on the atomic testing grounds seem to face the wrong direction?  People seem to come and go on the restricted area as they please.
And what is up with those guys in the copter shooting at the first man they spot?
   The first time you see this movie you will want to watch it straight but after that, wait until 3 in the morning and knock back a pint of Scotch before you watch it again.  Trust me, you will enjoy it more.
Joe Blowe
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 02:36:43 PM »

STOP THE PAIN!!!!!
Kamrat X
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is probably one of the worst films ever made. Everything reeks of "I donīt care" The actors arenīt even mouthing their lines for gods sake... The cutting is erratic and inept. Not to mention the hilariously pretentious narration by the director himself. All things considered, itīs a pretty surrealistic 56 minutes. I love it! :-)
firebird
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 09:30:53 PM »

It seemed they were alwats giving TOR JOHNSON was always given B-Mivie parts case in point PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE and THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN as well as BRIDE OF THE MONSTER
Henry Le Corno
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 11:39:33 PM »

This is one of those movies that proves that any old hack with a movie camera can make a movie. Just go ahead and give jr. a camera and he might come back with something similar if not better.
snooky
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Two of the most profound lines in film history:
Narrator-
A man presses a button, something happens;a scientist becomes a beast.
The beast-
ooaaarrrgghhhaaaaaa! oooooeeeooouuurrgghhhh!
Deep man....deep.
chuck
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Was watching the movie again last nite--got it for a buck at Wal Mart.  May have figured out why the kids never responded to anyone's calls when lost.  Mom was calling 'Randy and Art' while Dad was calling 'Mike and Randy'.  That would have confused me.  Wonder what happened to all those bodies left lying around?
the great lardini
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 11:24:07 AM »

Tor Johnson is my idol.  What an actah!!!!!
Dameon
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

OK...This has to be the worst movie ever made!

Trying to figure out why Tor, our beloved beast, can climb up to a plateau that noone else could. And the treacherous climb by Jim and Joe. They got kinda close on that trip! How come they had a hard time and Tor, the BIG man, could climb up there and carrying a women too?!

No what was wrong with Hank. Jimbo shoots at him. Is he hit or what? Bang...down goes Hank. Slides down the hill...lays for awhile. Maybe he was dreaming of his lovely wife and stupid kids. Then gets up holding his arm...no wait...his stomach...ooppsss possibly his leg. He limps for a few steps then is running. HMMMMMMMMMM

I give this movie 2 fingers up!
JBails
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is mind-blowingly bad. Some of the worst acting in film history, and also the lamest "beast" there is. This is an enjoyable movie, mainly because it is so bad and takes itself so incredibly seriously. The uber-dramatic narrator alone is enough for a few big laughs. It is humerously bad, but at some points just gets boring. So it is far from a good movie, but lacks consistent hilarity as well.
The Man
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 12:33:07 PM »

hot Thumbdown
WHERE IS THE BEAST IN THIS MOVIE? I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A MONSTER OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT BUT ALL YOU GET IS A BIG BALD GUY WITH A TORN SHIRT TRYING TO BE A MONSTER. LOAD OF RUBBISH
the master
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 01:12:46 PM »

I've gotten this nagging notion that this film could be the most complex film of all time. There are so many subtle yet overflowing layers to this film inter-weaved articulately yet not interfering with one another, only bolstering around the present story of a man changed and monster-like. There is a tip of the iceberg on social commentary to this film, the man in the helicopter shooting the other man tells us the danger of technology, how it dehumanizes situations without feeling, only augmented in the fact that the shooter was in the armed forces, just a slave to orders, the machine-like orders of life. And very deep philosophical elements to humanity such as the continuous mention of the word "progress" especially on the boys who enjoy life and aren't caught up in the world of working. As well current events to the film of the Cold War situtation at its hottest point in '61 with the cuban missile crisis which Coleman would later flesh out even further in Red Zone Cuba and the spiralling dangers of the heating conflict matched to the dangerous escaping spree of the convicts (but that's another analysis for the other film), "flag on the moon" and the peering question of how it appeared, only through progress and conflict between other people could it happen. The very last scene with the man succumbing and a rabbit appearing has multiple dimensions to it. The only non-human thing doesn't fear the "monster" which was created by humans themselves and feared by them, only acceptable by nature and how technology continues to do more harm than good on humanity overriding the one factor that makes humans, humans, they are able to feel not only learn like cold-calculating machines. There's countless Freudian elements like the mother's hopeless search for her sons and Platoic and Lockian ones too on the message of the capitalistic governmment of ours run by as shown sheriffs brought up as the holders of it though their war and transformed home version of the sheriff upholding their view with force oblivious to the darker aspects of their sociology.
Fred LeTed
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

Is this the film where you hear the director call out "Look out for the snakes!"? Lookingup
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »

Is this the film where you hear the director call out "Look out for the snakes!"? Lookingup

No, that would be EEGAH (1962).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Beast of Yucca Flats « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.