Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 10:04:22 PM
537999 Posts in 40729 Topics by 5129 Members
Latest Member: MissMacabre
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Buddhist Fist « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Buddhist Fist  (Read 17516 times)
Raym C.
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

WICKED FILM!

The best kung-fu film Woo-Ping has ever done. Too bad that it's so under rated. Everyone who's a fan of this film should spread the word and help expose this movie to the whole world.

(I wonder if Red Wolf; The Matrix 2, 3; and Kill Bill -- all of which are under Woo-Ping's action direction -- will be just as good, fight wise...)

"Friends don't let Friends rape Bovines."
Mad Tim
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie is sweet, Sleeping Instinct fighting is wicked and the hunch back kills me
David Chung
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hi there.  I have come to this site quite often and looked at the reviews for various movies.  I was especially surprised to see Buddhist Fist included.  It has some very good martial arts in it, and since there were no credits in the video/dvd that the reviewer had seen, I would like to help out.  For one thing, this movie was directed by Yuen Woo-Ping, the martial arts director of such famous movies as The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Just thought that you guys would like to know.  Oh, and I'm a really huge Evil Dead fan, in addition to a martial arts movie watcher.  Story of Ricki is very gory, hehehe.
Chris
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is a pretty cool early effort by aclaimed H.K. director Yuen Woo Ping. The fight scenes look great. Keep an eyes out for the "Table" fight scene, with the two characters exchanging hand strikes, one with chop sticks, with the minimal amount of movement. Really cool.
old beggar
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Wow, this flick shows great fighting and its pretty funny to. Simon Yuen is starring some to and he is "god" so pick this one up!
Scott
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Man has searched for the meaning of life for as long as he has existed. Below is the recipe for true happiness.

First take one bag of weed.Smoke the weed. Take a large bottle of very strong Cider or alcoholic beverage of your choice. Drink it whilst smoking the weed. Whilst doing these things watch any old school kung fu movie which has at least some of the following ingredients.

Bad dubbing in silly accents
Villains who laugh like lunatics and have long white hair.The hair MUST be white. This is very important. If it aint white then they are not a true kung fu villain.
Combatants who yell out the names of their attacks.
Most importantly the movie must contain MONKS! Especialy monks with long eyebrows. No One kicks ass like a Shaolin Abbot!

Buddhist fistcovers these conditions. The movie rocks and will leave ya with a big old smile on ya face.

Also recomended are One armed Boxer 1&2, Zu Warriors, 5 Deadly Venoms, 36 Chambers Of Shaolin, Shaolin Challenges Ninja, Magnificent Butcher, The mystery of Chess Boxing, Any film whose title includes the words Shaolin, Wu Tang, Monks, Magnificent, Wonder.

Follow my words and know true happiness.

Hehehe Left hand Buddah Palm, Right hand Buddah Fist b***h!!
Serge
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

TOTAL CLASSIC!! The minimalist tactics in the chess game and chopstick scene are brillant. If you're readin about this and haven't seen it...GO AND BUY OR RENT THIS MOVIE!! It's damn near perfect.

"Buddah Bless!"
Dan
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

no, no, no, old school chinese-style funk is perfect for this film! Watch Dreadnought to hear more examples of this music. i loved this film, it had everything i never knew i wanted. who knew that "Buddha will save you from sin" was a kung fu move? Lu Chow Moo is my favorite hunchback mandarin assasin. i now know that a nice bowl of dog meat and some vintage rice wine will see me through the night.

"When we were young, we used to steal potatoes... Oh! Buddha bless us!"
Ally L
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

In England this is often a trailer on the "Made in Hong Kong" films (e.g. the brilliant Chinese Ghost Story or the plain bonkers Mr Vampire). The trailer is superbly wierd, including a great scene where two guys climb all over each other, fighting and blocking as they go. Also, the clip in which one of the characters, halfway through a fight, pauses and yells, "But it's too late!" bears some scrutiny as it makes no sense whatsoever in the trailer.

Top notch. Also see the One armed boxer for the worst blacked up Indian I have ever seen.
Tom
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie rocks. I haven't actually watched it for a long time but I still remember it like I watched it yesterday.

Here are some parts I thought were totally hilarious.

- Hunchback fighting Au Chen (main guy) when he starts stretchin his arms out and going "UTT HOOT UTTT OHWWW"...

- Bucktooth "GET YOUR BEAN CURD, ONLY 1 cent!!!".. and I mean yelling.

- The bad guy in the pot shop scaring Au Chen's hippie sidekick.. "RAAAAAAA!!!" I'm gonna start shouting that at random people...

- Hunchback saying, "Huh, killing has been my specialty since I was graduateddddddd..."

- Bucktooth being interview by Au Chen and his stoner freind. One second he's got the most RETARDED voice, then it cut's and he's like (in a stereotypical english white males voice) "Actually the fact is I'm a cop" Sorta like that scene in Office Space "Hi, my name is steve, I come from a rough area, I used to be addicted to crack" then goin "I lied.. I lied.. Im actually an unemployed software engineer"

OK enough ramblin, see this movie if you havent! It's not boring, and the fight scene's are awesome & very detailed.

-Tom
J.W.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 11:15:12 AM »

Cool to see so much interest in this one! Saw it when it first came out, at a midnight showing, in Singapore. The large, multi-level theater was *packed* with people of all ages, from kids to grandparents, and they were all really into this movie, cheering, laughing, etc. There were two sets of subtitles, neither of which was English. We thought it was great anyway, and I *still* remember that awesome chopstick scene....
Alan
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I just watched this masterpiece and I was literally blown away. Anyone with an appreciation for Kung Fu NEEDS to see this movie. I am thankful for online movie rentals, it makes B-Movie watching much more efficent.

Andrew > In you I trust. Any four or five drip to you is like a four star Roger Ebert to me. Thank you for the wonderful service you are doing
kactusrvm
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Can be considered to be one of the best kung fu classics ever! Damn this flick inspired me.
SLEEPIN' BUDDHA
Kung Fu Karl
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 12:33:17 AM »

I may have to try to acquire this movie after reading these comments and seeing the preview.
Kung Fu Karl
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Yeah I picked up this movie at kungfudvd.com for $9.99
great movie I loved it. The old sleeping beggar monk guarding the
jade Buddha Great fight scene.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Buddhist Fist « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.