Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:08:50 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rodan « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rodan  (Read 73551 times)
night heron
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 09:00:54 PM »

I noticed how all the japaneese in it have american cars and jeeps as well as F-86 jets wow what a concept and as for supersonic pteridacktyles well i say wow how fast can they go? and remember when he recalled the egg hatching while watching the birds egg hatching and RODAN Jr is born
Supergodzilla1
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004, 07:41:32 AM »

The movie Rodan is one of my favorite movies in my collection! I can watch it again and again! The love story of the Rodans is very touching at the end! I cried when I first watched the ending! At least one survived!
firebird
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 09:19:40 PM »

Rodan Jr can feed himself after he hatches out of the egg and starts gobbling up the giant bugs like maybe a young bird will eat normal sized insects and the can indeed fly a supersonic speed and yes supergodzilla they were very faithful to the very end
CB Price
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the best monster movies made. It's credible, not silly like some monster movies. Rodan ranks with "Godzilla: King of the Monsters", the original "Mothra" and the original "Gamera the Invincible"

Definately a PEPSI and POPCORN movie
Mark Radburn
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Rodan was excellent Rodan's Supersonic Speed and Destructive Attack on Tokyo was Outstanding and it's a Masterpiece for the Folks of Toho this movie has some of the best Special effects and the 1956 Rodan design was great and this film will just blow you away(I'm not kidding I'm seroius) The people of Toho make great Monster films Rodan is the best Toho movie ever.
giant claw
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 09:24:30 PM »

A real classic in japaneese films and remeber they brought him back and teamed him up with GODZILLA
kevin
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Rodan has to be one of the most under rated films ever made.  For all the non stop comments of Japanese films being phony over the years this is a film that is virtually flawless. Also I dont think there was ever a
expose' of how this film was made to date. When I look at Rodan today there are still scenes I can't figure out technically, such as the flying sequences or the incredible jet dogfights. POV shots of chasing the streaking Rodan. Just amazing stuff. I guess I never forgave Toho for not keeping up this level of film excellence. they really dogged many of the later productions and it certainly was not because of a lack of talent. It was really a lack of passion and respect for
the wonderful contribution these films made to Si Fi and cenema.
George
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well well yet another in a series of sights for giant monsters,this time it's Rodan,or Radon,Rodan was also the name of a famous artist,although I don't know if he spelled his name that way,anyway Rodan was the first Toho classic to be filmed in living color!,in 1956,and then shown for the first time in theathers around the U.S. the following year,released by the people who would later call there  selfs American International Pictures.
As with any monster of that time the Rodans and giant insects are the result of atomic and nuclear bomb tests,and ironically it happens in southeasteren Japan!,yes despite the many mis-prints the original Rodans didn't make there nest in downtown Tokyo,but actually in Mt.Toya volcano and they did outright attack the city of Sosabo not Tokyo!,maybe a good thing because Tokyo was still trying to recover for Godzillas attack,filmed in glorious black and white,two note of interrest,one Rodan would prove to be the less popular of the Toho 3,(Godzilla,Mothra and Rodan),in fact Gameras second opponent Gaos would prove to the more popular bird monster than Rodan,and second of the 4 noted monsters,Godzilla,Rodan,Mothra and The Giant Turtel Gamera,Rodan is the only one of thoes 4 in there first movies that did not attack Tokyo.
IT
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Im sorry to say I liked this movie better than the original GODZILLA.RODAN was more destructive than GODZILLA himself.I'm a big GODZILLA fan myself but I GO  
MARLON THE MONSTER
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2006, 06:29:52 PM »

I agree with IT this movie was ten times better then GODZILLA.RODAN gave GODZILLA a good butt kicking in GHIDRAH THE THREE HEADED MONSTER.The scenes of destruction in this movie was very well done and the giant Bugs were the scariest looking insect monsters in film since the giant ants in THEM.This movie is very entertaining and well made everyone should have it in their collection.
godzillavsdogora
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Probably the best of Toho's non-Godzilla kaiju flix. Suprisingly creepy. Gotta love Rodan... wicked awesome monster. The meganulons r cool 2 but unrealistic. Even the city-destroying scene is cool, and realistic. Thanx to Ishiro Honda, Akira Ifukube, and Eiji Tsuburaya.
john in covina
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »

It is the narration of the English version that makes for some good suspense.  "It was a cool, evil smell..."
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »

the end scene in the US version makes it better than the Japanese one.  the narration is what does it.  the Japanese version just ends and two monsters bite the dust.  it's way more moving with the US dubbing added.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »

I have to agree, the dub actually adds to the telling.
Down side : Ifukubi's music is cut for the stock Amurrican stuff. Boo!
Now, if you could have Ifukubi's music AND the american dub!... Thumbup

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 03:45:24 PM »

Whats realy amazing is the lip sync is off and what about when the little bird egg hatches he remembers back to seeing THE SON OF RODAN being hatched and the japanese all have american made cars and a F-86
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rodan « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.