Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:03:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Laserblast « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Laserblast  (Read 76080 times)
scott
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Man, what a great movie.
I'm kidding of course.

I first saw this movie at a friend's house when I was 12, we rented it from a local convenience store that only carried old-ass, bargain-bin movies.

I just added it to my netflix queue, can't wait to relive the "magic".

Haw haw.

Peder
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 04:04:52 PM »

The MST3K version is funny. Always loved the great stopmotion though.
Melissa Schmidt
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Got Laserblast coming in the mail soon.. But this movie had been MSTed. Love that movie....so bad. it hurts so good.
I like your site, will be amussing myself with it in the years to come....
Virginia Plane
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The turtle head aliens are cute in a weird way. One thing that cracks me up about this movie is the "Star Wars" billboard that gets "blowed up real good" just has the words star wars scribbled on it, no graphics, no nothin'.
Naldoman
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 04:02:47 AM »

My buddy and I went to see this cinema dog when it came out.  The theater had maybe 10 people in it, during a matinee, and it was in a discount theater.  We laughed ourselves SICK.  It was the first time I'd seen movie in a theater that was absolute trash.  As terrible, boring and stupid as it is, there are actually a few moments that are just jewels.

• The destruction of the Star Wars billboard and the following (offscreen) death of the hippie stand as a tribute to teen impatience and rage!!!

• The teen's comeuppance at the hands of the aliens was such an unexpected and satisfying conclusion to the film!!!  Unredeemable!  Unallowable!! Unbelievable!!!

Of course, the ending leads you directly to think -- "WHY didn't the aliens pick up the damn gun to start with, instead of leaving it there for some precocious dolt to toy with???!!!!"

I too, wanted to erase the horrific sight of Keenan Wynn in a most wretched state....so sad...

giant Claw
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 08:32:19 PM »

If i remember it was released just after STAR WARS came out and was probibly made to cash in on the popularity of sci fi fantasy movies BounceGiggle
Tbone
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »

You don't know what you're missin till you see the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of the movie. So freakin funny!
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 10:56:09 PM »

Those aleins look a lot like claymation dinosouars and the youth kind of reminds you of THE INCREDIBLE HULK Twirling
LawDog1
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »

I saw Laserblast on TV - one of those late night features in the very early 80s. You know the ones your parents warned you about because of the "sex" scenes. Oh please!! Some ads today on daytime are more racy (not to mention the internet)!! At any rate, I recently Netflixed Laserblast to show my wife. We laughed most of the way through . . . I don't know if it was because the film was so cheesy or we're just children of the 70s. Long live the B-Movie!!
Eric Seiden
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »

The worst F*ING movie *EVER*

I saw it when it came out and have been trying to forget it ever since.

K Miller
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 12:01:10 AM »

this film was cool as hell when i was 7 and well the hell with anyone that doesnt think its still cool
its all good when you were young and seen it but it seems our technology has surpassed our humanity and our lack of appreciation for what was made for (us) in the past, present and future has made us all one of the worst at acknowledging the fact that we take for grantit that which we do not destroy... come-on folks you can't accept thing's or people or works of art in slices ...
Watson
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »

I remember seeing this film when I was about four years old.  (When they still had double features showing in the theaters.)  The movie Laserblast still stands out in my mind as being the worst film I have EVER scene in my life so far.   (When a four year old knows that a movie sucks, it's got to be bad.)  All this time I still wonder what some of these well known actors were smoking in order to provoke them to being in this film.  If you want to see a film that fits the TRUE definition of pure crap material,  this is definitely the one to see.
smashlov
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »

so funny to see most ppl had the same reaction I did. saw this when I was six or seven on WKBD (good call Andrew K) and realized it was total crap regardless of any lasers or cool stop-motion aliens. you can't even say it's poorly written cause there's basically no dialogue. Literally JUST watched the MST3K version and had a good laugh.
David Fullam - you're not going to believe this but I watched the MST 'Robot Holocaust' immediately afterwards. I didn't notice if the score was similar and I'm pretty good at spotting that stuff. wished I'd paid more attention. I did notice that it was actually worse than Laserblast and I didn't know that was possible. I will always consider LB the cream of the crop tho.

LASERBLAST 4EVER!!!  Cheers
Kyle
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »

LaserBlast was great escapist B-Movie fun!!!
KyleBrinkmann
New Visitor

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 03:37:06 PM »

I loved this movie! It was a great Grade Z film about someone who found something incredibly powerful and managed to blow up a bunch of stuff before getting his fool self killed. What more could you ask for!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Laserblast « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.