Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:33:20 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Naked Lunch « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Naked Lunch  (Read 25579 times)
Thomas Hulstrøm
« on: January 18, 2001, 06:05:02 AM »

This film is very entertaining.. I like it a lot. If you like strange films like Delicatessen, youll probably like this one alot... doesnt belong on b-film site, this film is far more interesting than the mainstream bulls**t hollywood trickles out. (is naked lunch a hollywood production ?)
Curtis
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When I rented this movie, I was fully prepared for a full blown heroin fest. Don't get me wrong I like weird movies, but this movie bored me so I turned it off. Bored and dispointed best describes my perception of this film. Not really a b-movie, just dull.
Robert Stanger
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Great webpage. This film just happens to be in my top 5 favorite films of all time.
"I knew that writing was dangerous, I just never knew the danger came from the machine itself" -Naked Lunch

Vic
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved the movie. although it didn't make sense at the beginning, i think i've figured it out now (after watching it 3 times after each other).
in my opinion it was more about homosexuals and hetersexuals than anything else, with Burroughs in the middle not being able to decide on which side he is.
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Don't f**k with David Cronenberg, he's one of the few respectable-talented main-stream directors out their, and "Naked Lunch" is amoung his very best. The man has a strong vision, and he knows how to put it on the screen, that alone says alot....
Jose Saez
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm studying psychiatry right now. This is a compulsory movie to be watched by anyone who is interested in this area. It's not fun. It's the visualization of a drug induced paranoia, and it's disgusting and causes fear.

And that's why everybody should see it. If you get bored perhaps is because you are afraid.
Flea
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 09:45:53 PM »

I think Peter Weller just wanted a break from being Robocop, you know, expand his acting horizons. Although what happened to poor Julian Sands was a bit disturbing.
Sinuous
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey, "weird" is not the same as "bad" -- and if you think a good film must make literal sense, then you haven't really thought about most movies all that deeply.  Hardly *any* stand up to close scrutiny in that department.  "Lunch" may not be on my top ten list, but it tops most of the junk at the multiplex, most of the year.  And not so deeply disturbing that I didn't laugh out loud several times in the midst of it.  Burroughs once said that "Naked Lunch" was comic.  I've never been able to read Burroughs myself (headaches and depression by page 50!) but I truly saw the wit throughout in this adaptation.
Peter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've read the original naked lunch 20 years ago, so excuse me, I don't remember all things very well. If I remember correctly this film nothing has to do with the book. It's the story BEFORE William wrotes his book naked lunch. And so I'm asking where did Steven Sonderbergh get this story ??
Spock
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 09:46:06 PM »

This film was an unundertandable mess.just like Mullholland Drive.
Grimmstone
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this movie when it was on late night on HBO when I woke up during a bout with influenza that I was treating with Nyquil, among other things.  I couldn't even hang with it in that condition.  It makes Barton Fink look like Master and Commander in terms of concrete understanding.
David
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »

That film was warped beyond all imagination. Still you have to give credit for lines such as
" I don't want to f**k them, I just want to talk to them."
" You know how Americans are, Kiki. They all love to travel, and then they only want to meet other Americans and talk about how hard it is to get a decent hamburger."
Demon_o'the_Deep
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »

I think this movie deserves at least 3 stars. It just requires some familiarity with Burroughs' writing & life to appriciate. Cronenberg's intention wasn't a direct interpretation of the aponymous book, but rather an exploration of William Burroughs (Bill Lee in the film) life durring the period that gave birth to Naked Lunch. The story unfolds in an increasingly disjointed, disorienting manor evocative of Burroughs' style, and is told thru characters & situations taken from the book and some of his other works, themselves products of Burroughs experiences.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Naked Lunch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.