Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:15:45 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Mothra « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Godzilla vs. Mothra  (Read 45605 times)
Lady Lucifer
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2004, 02:10:09 PM »

Completely changed my life! Applying sophistication and quiet reserve of the twin fairies have pulled me through many a perilous moment!
WitchKing
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The best of the Godzilla series, with only "Ghidorah-- The Three-Headed Monster" & "Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero" being any competition.  The Godzilla suit this time around is well done, not as frog-like and bug-eyed through the face as later versions.  After this entry, just about all traces of Godzilla's terror and villainy were eradicated as he became more domesticated and even "cute".  Mothra the Goddess-Moth (though she's presumably hermaphroditic) is both lovely to behold and a force to be reckoned with.  Only Ghidorah is able to match her in sheer majesty.  I can recall watching the film on late night TV as a child and crying at Mothra's climactic demise after she has expended all of her lifeforce to defend her imperiled egg.  It's probably one of the most profound moments of pathos in the Godzilla series, much like the surviving pterodactyl diving into the lava to join its doomed mate in "Rodan."  Later entries in the series became jokey and excessively cartoonish, lacking the delicate balance between outlandish destruction and character development that "Godzilla Vs. Mothra" displays.
Mark Radburn
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The First time Mothra battles my Hero Godzilla for the first time. Godzilla vs. Mothra was the best godzilla movies I've ever seen the special effects were good such was godzilla's Radioactive Fire breath (wouldn't miss it) and Mothra's Poision dust but the bit when Godzilla melted a tank looked a bit silly but still the Realistic tank melting scene was great all the miniatures in godzilla movies are real not fake and now I think Godzilla vs. Mothra is the best godzilla and mothra movies ever.
Burt
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved this movie.
I hated the shobijins' singing.
I have enough aggravation...!
jimmi explosion
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've recently seen a slightly different version of this, made around the mid-90's featuring a monster called Battra (or something like that).  Made by Toho as well.  Is it a direct remake or simply an adaptation?  
Connor Hall
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I do not really like it that much.The shobijins' singing not interested.This is like the worstest Godzilla film ever.I rather watch Godzilla from the 70's like GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER!THIS SUCKS!
giant claw
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2005, 01:56:33 PM »

And how about those twin elf girls who could talk and sing in unison? MOTHERA,MOTHERA,MOTHERA neat i tell you
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A very enjoyable movie with the monsters playing there parts seriously unlike in the later sequels.They did a remake in the 90's called GODZILLA VS MOTRHA THE BATTLE FOR EARTH and that movie was great but the girls who played the fairies in that movie was not as adorable as the PEANUTS.THE PEANUTS RULE.
MZX
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

How can anyone not like the singing of the Peanuts? It is the most beautiful sound in the universe, that's why the Mighty and Glorious Goddess Mothra responds to those sweet and beautiful Peanuts who are Goddesses in their own right! I wish I could clone myself so I could double date with the Peanuts! It would also be nice if I could have a peanut standing on each of my shoulders so they could sing directly into my ears so I could get the full stereo effect of that heavenly sound! If I were a moth, large or small, I would fly anywhere to save those divine little creatures if they were ever in distress. May Mothra always be glorified! And may those adorable little peanuts always be adored!
Anguirus
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is an awesome movie. I grew up seeing the Mothra[2nd Generation who fought Godzilla]see www.tohokingdom.com for details.I mostly like the colors of Mothra's wings
vanightwolf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 11:37:31 AM »

The Ito Sisters, better known as The Peanuts, are said to have actually appeared on 'The Ed Sullivan Show' and elsewhere on 1960s American teevee. I have been lucky enough to hear some of their non-Daikaiju music, and it is at least as good as any they sing on this and other Toho films. And they even had an excellent command of English. Highly recommended is their cover of "Blue Canary".
George
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 12:56:19 AM »

I said I regretted not giving Keith my Godzilla vs. The Thing,my old vhsplayers and tapes are getting old however I did it!.

I made,although not perfect,but some of it was due to station trouble,and given the faded color of the original AIP print,but I'll never understand why UPA cut little bits out the first 38mins of the film.

Back in 1980 I taped Godzilla vs. The Thing off TV,the AIP version,but I didn't tape the whole thing back then. OHHH!! Those tiny!!,if not return the egg!!,it was that Mothra Song!!.
I finally broke down in 1999 and pieced it all together,"Return the Egg",Mothra Song and all. Though sometimes I wonder.

But if we can get through that this is the best of all the Godzilla movies,the great musical score,Godzillas rampage,the military's up to full strength,the lighting towers would of worked if the high ups have listened to the privates and not increased voltage,and next to Gamera and Gaos,another wonderful monster battle featuring 4 super monsters!,the final battle between the two larvas and Godzilla on the island was classic,just like Gamera and Gaos air battle.
Despite the sound & some picture discrepancies and having to turn up the color control up,I'll take my homemade DVD and vhs version of Godzilla vs. The Thing over the Sony version,which has the AIP opening but turns out to be a letterboxed version of what they originally came out with in the first place any old time!.
George
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »

I just got Sonys other Mothra vs. Godzilla.

Seems like this one is a real AIP print after all,however,after all these years of waitting for this,putting up with the UPA missing little bits and pieces edition,guess what scene,although minor,is missing from this version.

I won't say what it is,it's minor,but still,even when Sony tries to get it right,they still cannot make a Godzilla vs. The Thing without at least on missing scene.
George
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 08:13:58 PM »

I just got Sonys other Mothra vs. Godzilla.

Seems like this one is a real AIP print after all,however,after all these years of waitting for this,putting up with the UPA missing little bits and pieces edition,guess what scene,although minor,is missing from this version.

I won't say what it is,it's minor,but still,even when Sony tries to get it right,they still cannot make a Godzilla vs. The Thing without at least one missing scene.
That's right,I quote myself,"Missed the spelling one by an e."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Mothra « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.