Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:58:01 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Greasers Palace « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Greasers Palace  (Read 56300 times)
_rich_
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Saw this yrs ago.  If you run with the literati then seeing this is most phun you will have for some time.  The comments & puns flowed as no river ever has.  See it w/a crowd.  You may need to touch the hem of the zuite suite before you die laffing.
May ghod have mercy.  This should be a Fandom requirement for membership as well as knowing the secret hand shake.

Illitarati for the Church of Bob. SubGenui in absentia.

_rich_
Randall Frost
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

When I came across your review of "Greaser's Palace," I had to pull over and leave a comment. First and fore, most people have never heard of the movie, and you have to go to old-school, hole-in-the-wall video stores to find it.

If you're ever in Duluth, Minnesota, you have to check out "8th Street Video on 9th Street." Okay, so it's pretty much a house carved open and packed with video shelves, but they have everything ever committed to tape. The owner will actually size you up and saddle you with a movie of his choosing: "Here. You need to watch this." Weird? Sure. But never dull. "Greaser's Palace" was one of the videos he insisted I watch, and I loved every bizarre bit of it! MASH fans will recognize Alan Arbus ("Jessy") as psychiatrist Sidney Freedman. Kudos for and trying (and doing a good job) to explain this film to the B-Movie nation!
Michelle
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just got this movie from netflix.  Hysterical review of an hysterical movie, however you left out the fact that most of the few lines of dialogue spoken in this movie are gross discriptions of sex acts.  Pretty weird, you know, for a movie about religion.  Anyway I kind of disagree (I can't totally disagree because who knows?) about Greaser representing the Catholic Church.  I thought this was more a psychological representation of the coming of Christ.  And speaking of the coming of Christ wasn't Cholera the devil because she "tempted" Him in the desert?  Save your flower...  
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2001, 07:23:21 PM »

Another one to add to my must see list. Especially if it as unintentionally funny as the plot synopsis is intentionally funny. I have not laughed so hard in years.
Phantom 187
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2001, 02:13:34 AM »

Where do you come up with this !@#$?
DJ MEAN
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, I did not think it was possible, but I have witnessed an even stranger role for Herve Villachez than that of his role as King Fausto in "The Forbidden Zone".  Greasers Palace is a must see.
Kurt
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

As Andrew pointed out, this doesn't even begin to cover the nuttiness of the whole thing.  Like the fact that the outhouse on the third floor has a chute out the bottom, and every time the old man goes in it people stand under the chute staring up expectantly in what is obviously the "splash zone."

The first picture in the gallery, by the way, is the scene I would have been choosing as a video clip.  The cowboy is visiting Mrs. Palmer and her five daughters while fondling a wooden Indian.  He eventually gets so into the act that he falls backwards over the wall (never slowing down).  Sick stuff.

Michael the law student
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Kurt tends towards understatement, the cowboy is not fondling the statue, the cowboy is not gently caressing the statue. The cowboy...is BRUTALIZING the statue. It was undoubtedly the single most disturbing thing ever committed to celluloid (worse even than the famed "call the police" episode of Ren and Stimpy)

It should also be noted that the nekkid, horse riding indian (hailed by Andrew during BFest as the saving grace of the film) is none other than Toni "Oh Mickey, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind" Basil

James Henson
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2001, 04:38:05 PM »

After reviewing the sample mpg, I have got to watch this film. This has to be one of the most bizarre and must see films I have ever heard about. Right up there with Plan Nine from Outer Space!
Josh
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can crawl again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greaser's PalACE is the funniest movie ever made period.
See it or die a miserable life.
Put a rope around the son of a b***h!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2001, 07:32:56 PM »

The extreme right will condemn this a blasphemy; the extreme left will condemn this as trivial and silly. Well who the heck made them creator? This is as weird as they come and I loved it. I think the more you know about the bible the more you will appreciate (or hate) this movie. It’s great, worth the 90 minutes!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2001, 04:19:49 AM »

Have you ever seen El Topo? Cause this movie looks like some kinda cheapo parody of that...
Kelly
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Any M*A*S*H fans out there??  'Cuz if there are, you'll recognize Jessy as the recurring character Dr. Sidney Freeman, the low-key psychiatrist.  I suspected it was him when I listened to the clips, then I saw the pics you've got -- Hi Sidney!!  What happened, got too many head cases??
TervGirl
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie at a film festival upon it's release in the early '70s. I LOVED IT !!!! Have been telling people about it for years (all attribute it to my own insanity....)Now I have actually found a place to get it and show it MYSELF to all the non-believers and infidels....redemption is at hand!!....................................IF YOU FEEL_ YOU"RE HEALED>>>AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS
No Nukes
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Robert Downey, Sr. directed it. Figures.

I have "Putney Swopes", which was also made by him but is a bit harder to find. It's a comedy about a TV ad agency run by black people, and apparently caused quite a stir back when it was released. The ad spoofs are painfully unfunny and lame, but the movie itself is pretty watchable. Maybe Andrew should review it sometime.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Greasers Palace « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.