Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:22 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Batman & Robin « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Batman & Robin  (Read 56330 times)
lostmissy
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think that with the budget they had for this piece of tripe, that someone would think "lets spend a few dollars on the script so maybe this movie would make any amount of sense" but noooo.....i'm sure that this film won't go on too many resumes..
m_dude
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

this is one of, no, the worst Joel Shumacher film ever! This lame follow-up to one of the best batman films of all time is so stupid. The film industry is killing batman. This was so bad, yet, batman is the subject of three films that may or may not be made! Batman vs. Superman, Batman: Year one, and Batman Beyond. They also want to make a remake of Superman and a Wonderwoman film.

DC characters are dead in movies now. This is the Marvel Comics generation with Spider Man, The Hulk, and X-Men.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hooray!!!! B&R is finally on this site! Thank god. This "movie" was made for this site.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Urrrrrrh! Make bad hurt in head! Squishy SMASH!

Of all the characters here that got murdered by that nipplehead Schumacher, Bane got it worst. He's originally an intelligent, crafty killer who actually beat the crap out of Bats, then snapped his back like a twig. (It's a comic book, he got better. Superman and Wonder Woman have been dead two or three times each since then.)

"Decathalon-winning research scientist?" Oh my ass.

My God, how many times have you seen the low-budget Saturday-morning cartoon get it SO much better? Wayne, Dick, Babs, Pammy, Victor, Gordon, Alfred, Bane--all of them so much more well-written in the WB/Cartoon Network toons, this movie makes me cry. Urrrrrr...

Schumacher, you suck.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2001, 09:10:26 AM »

Not at all, the best Batman, but still manages to retain some entertainment value. Best part is just looking at Alicia. Arnold as Mr. Freeze? Pleeze!
The Bard
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I don't know how Rob missed this part. But at one point when Batman is fighting Poision Ivy, Robin is being drowned by some plants. He struggles to free himself,then we get to see the same struggle in reverse as the plants "pull him back down" We see the same scene again of him getting out, then they cut to him throwing all the vines off.
Rob
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

To the Bard:  LOL!  I don't know how I missed that part either!  Good call!
Stefan Robak
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Check out the animated series.  It is incredibly well written and just plain better than this chunk of dirt.  (Plugging myself alert (if this bothers you, Andrew, feel free to take it off)  Also, check out my website "the B-Hive" on the other links page.
Smatthew
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can't believe I wasted 2 hours of my life watching this piece of crap.  I could have done something else, like stare into oblivion, or count grass blades.  The plot was as deep as a kiddie pool, and it just plain sucked.  Even the fact that Alicia Silverstone, who I think is dead hot, couldn't keep me from drifting to thoughts of cyanide pills to stop my suffering.  Personally, the cartoons were good, but you can't beat the original.  Anti-Explosion Bat Spray.  They had some wierd stuff, but it still was good.
Rob
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Yes, "Batman: The Animated Series" is a very good show.  I used to watch it every chance I got, especially when I was in high school.  I don't think that the artwork is as good as it was when it originally came out, but it's still a great show.  I can't believe they made a cartoon show which is better than this movie.  I'd even rank the movie "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" higher (much higher) than this flick.  What the hell where these people thinking?  Especially after Schumaker made "Batman Forever"?  That one I enjoyed, but this one doesn't even come close!
Also, I'm sorry, but I hate the original series with Adam West and Burt Ward.  I do like Milton Berle and Burgess Meredith, but not as the Joker and Penguin in the original "Batman" series.  However, I'd rather watch that series than this movie.  The highlight of this piece of crap was seeing Pamela Isley the first time she became Poison Ivy.
Dan Lucas
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Pain...

Even after watching Bane being reduced to a not-so-common thug, the ending point for me was when Batman and Robin are trying to out bid each other for a date with Poison Ivy.  At the end Bats offers this ridiculous price and when Robin asks how he could offer so much Batman says he'll charge it....

Then he pulls out the bat card....

I wanted to hurt something...

I don't even want to get into where Robin and Batgirl defeat Bane... or the fact that Batgirl is really Commissioner Gorden daughter...

I mean at least get most of the story right if nothing else.  

Of course I'm saying this while watching Street Fighter the Movie on Sci-Fi channel.... so it guess it can be worse.
Fletch
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A comment and a question. Firstly any movie featuring Alicia Silverston in leathers, rubber and a schoolgirl out fit can't be all bad. Secondly can anyone tell me why the satellite dishes are emblazoned "US Army" with the army getting a special thanks in the closing credits?
fisherfreak
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is a piece of Crap!! it's the worst of the series, along with the 3rd film. I recently got a chacne to watch the 3rd film again, it's been a while. And me myself being a huge Batman fan, Iv'e beed reading Batman comics for 12 years now, not to mention i' probably a whiz when it comes to this subject, But both Batman Forever and Batman& Robin is just not Batman, well atl least not the Bob Kane-comic-version. But more on the lines of the 1960's television show. Tell me, when the hell do u see batman smile...aghhh, never....he aint not goodie too shoes,. And his costume isn't some fashion statement, the point of his bat-like image, was to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. Not only that the movie presents him as a guy who just feels like going out and fighting crime. THe true character hated being Batman, bruce Wayne made a vow to his parents grave that he would avange their deaths..when he's batman he;'s miserable, he
s a freakin bad-ass. Joel s**t-maker doesn't seem to have a clue, what Batman is about, he basically looked back at Tim Burton's 2 wonderful Bat flicks, knowing that he couldn't equal them. So what he do he? He went back to the 1960's TV show. Thank God their starting the franchise over, whith a better director with a better image
The Man from S.U.C.K.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Holy piece of crap, Batman!... How the heck we got ourselves into this!?"

Joel Schumacher was truly succesful by crushing to death all and every single detail that made the two first "Batman" films great movies... Tim Burton did an amazing work by raising comic-book movies to the level of major films. But This!? Batman is not my favorite comic superhero, but has some great potential in several interesting characters... In "Forever" (Silly title... why they didn't named it just Batman III or something) Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face was really a spit in my face, but Mr. Freeze... Who asked for him? Poison Ivy was a great character (IN THE COMIC-BOOK, NOT THIS "MOVIE") but i don't even like Uma Thurman. BANE! BANE!... FOR GOD'S SAKE! LOOKS LIKE BEEN WASTED AWAY FROM THE WORST POWER RANGER'S CHAPTER... And Alicia Silverstone is simply awful as FATGIRL (i used to dream with her by seeing her Aerosmith videos... now her way to fame has been definitively buried)...

GIVE MY MONEY BACK!!!
Daniel
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this when I was 9 years old with with my brother, sister and my parents. I loved Batman and Batman Returns, but I didn't like Batman Forever that much because I felt sick that day and I had a nightmare with a midget version of Two-Face and The Riddler coming in my room(the really freaky thing is that it seemed like it really happened). But this one? Nope. This is never going to be remembered as a great movie based on a comic book legend. Good thing I didn't pay for this in theaters but I do have to pay for my own movie tickets nowadays(I'm 13 years old as I type this). The first three are worth a rental but not this one. It just sucks. I feel sorry you had to pay your own good money to see this horrible film, Rob. Also check out the original Batman film called "Batman The Movie", which stars everyone from the old classic TV series. It isn't a masterpiece but it's hillaious like the old show was(even though they weren't meant to be). If you wan't to watch the original TV show again(or for the first time)then check out your local listings. By the way, it comes on the Sci-Fi channel and if you don't get it, then call your cable or satellite provider and say "GIVE ME THE SCI-FI CHANNEL OR I'LL SHOVE A GRENADE DOWN YOUR THROAT", or just say "please". Anyway, the only good thing about Batman and Robin is that you get to see Alicia Silverstone in a tight leather Batgirl outfit. Man, what a hottie.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Batman & Robin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.