Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:35:22 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Batman & Robin « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Batman & Robin  (Read 56232 times)
Dano
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I never saw this movie, but if the reviewer actually liked that garbage Batman Forever (the REASON I never saw Batman and Robin), and hated this, then this must be a REALLY awful movie.  

The first movie was so awesome.  Why can't Hollywood leave well enough alone??  (that's a rhetorical question - I know it's the money)
lil miss insane hobo
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ahhh yes, this was a great movie...to make fun of. This is the worst Batman film I've ever seen! But at least a friend and I had fun wasting a saturday making fun of it! And we also discovered Batmans's superpower! He has the amazing ability to come up with puns when he is in life threatening danger! After all, I can't come up with puns in my average day life, but Batman, Robin, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy are constantly rattling off the puns! Amazing!
Charles
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I agree with a local comic book/RPG shop clerk that I had a conversation with at the time the movie came out in theaters;  The producers should have taken half the money they spent on special effects and used it to write a decent script.  It's such a shame, b/c Mr Freeze is one of my favorite villians, as it's so easy to sympathize with him.  Or it should be, but Arnold completely ruins the part, hamming it up when he should be serious.  Someone should have told him that this wasn't the old "Batman" TV show, because that's what the whole tone reminded me of.  No, come to think of it, that show was better than this movie.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

On the same level as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."
1/2 *
Rob
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, at least "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" was geared toward kids and could still be entertaining.  Yes, the movies left much to be desired, but they had their moments.  The only two things entertaining about "Batman & Robin" are how terrible and how inaccurate it is.  You know what I found out about Batgirl's role in the movie?  The filmmakers decided that Alicia Silverstone was considered too young to be the daughter of an actor of Pat Hingle's age, so they made her the daughter of Alfred Pennyworth's sister.  Um, how old is Michael Gough?
Elizabeth Foster
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2004, 02:24:48 PM »

I love it is the best movie I cant explain how good it was I think im stupid Because I am
Rick
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I knew the movie was in trouble from the opening credits when Arnold got top billing over Clooney and O'Donnell. This could have been alot better if the "suits" at W.B. kept their hands off the script.
phil
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 04:25:59 PM »

Why!!! THE batman franchise was beaten to a pulp and died with this movie. and what is up with George Cloony? The old cartoon was better. i hope batman begins restarts the franchise, it was realy good.
luecmic20
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »

this is one of the dumbest movies i watched
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 11:32:59 AM »

You know what character got a huge shaft in this movie was Bane.  In the comic he literally broke Batman's back after strategically letting all of Gotham City's baddies out of the asylum.  In this film he just runs around and yells "grrrrrr".  Pure idiocy...hope the new Batman movies feature his storyline some day. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 03:39:05 PM »

First of all, whoever wrote this movie should have the #@^% #&#$@ beat out of him, then get #$@% and ##$#$$ with a little $%$@@% and take his $%$#$###. Second, Arnold may be the terminator, but he's no mr freeze, just as George Clooney is no Batman. As for Poison Ivy, yeah, great idea, lets take the world's hottest woman, give her no real dialogue to work with, and dress her up like a transvestite on speed? At the very least, they should have kept in the part with her killing Bruce's girlfriend (see the trivia section on imdb), that might have made it at least somewhat interesting (but probably not by enough).

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 10:26:53 PM »

Ah, Batman & Robin...  What can I say that has already been said over and over again.  the Bat Nipples, The Bat Crotch, the over the top Batmobile, the Ice Capades henchmen, Bane (what an insult), Batgirl, the Master of One-liners--The Governator, oh the good times.  If, for some reason you're up late at night and got the tube on, avoid the TNT channel and maybe TBS.  And one more note: we all know that Alicia Silverstone playing Alfred's niece who is Batgirl was wrong!!!  But if that's what it's going to be, at least let everyone know that you ARE Alfred's niece (hint, hint).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 10:34:59 PM by BlackAngel75 » Logged

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
mrgb46
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »

Worst in the Batman series..Clooney only got the role of Batman  because of his chin..The only thing missing from this movie was the BAMMMM!! and the WHOOSH!!,like in the tv series..This is kid's stuff compared to Batman Begins and the first Batman with Michael Keaton..This is too cartoonish and too silly..Uma and Alicia looked good though..Robin got too annoying and whiney...
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 06:54:55 PM »

I am convinced that, much like Revenge of the Sith, if you look closely enough at the credits, you will see the director jerking off and shooting you the bird.

The film-makers in these instances were laughing then, and are laughing even harder now as we all line up to see ghostrider and spiderman.

They will be laughing again when the same thing happens for next batman movie, or the one after.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »

The only good thing that I can say about this movie is that (being an Uma fanatic) Uma Thurman looked absolutely fantastic in this movie.

While she had a bit more weight on her at this point, Alicia looked good as well.

But the rest of the movie is one of the worst movies that I've ever had the misfortune to watch. I saw this turd in the theater. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Batman & Robin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.