Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:51:21 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tetsuo « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tetsuo  (Read 29255 times)
JunK247
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this film about 8 years ago ripped to the tits and found it very hard to follow, but extremely eclectic and interesting visually. I tried watching it again a couple of times whilst straight and gained nothing more from the experience, the stop motion photography still made my eyes bleed ( at least it was'nt the drugs first time! ) - the plot definitely takes second place to the atmosphere which is highly frenetic. Overall Id say its got no more true resonance than a music video, it wont move you emotionally or mentally, is purely a visceral, visual experience. Well worth a watch, I dont think Ive seen anything quite so f****d up since! Well not until the sequel Tetsuo 2:Bodyhammer which was QUALITY. Better SPFX, better plot, better ending - I promise!!
Chris
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can't being to explain how cool and different this film is. It's very dark, violent and experimental. The director, Shinya Tsukamoto, is a Japanese, avant-garde filmmaker. His style's hard to explain, it's kinda like playing a video game on crack, but it's allways interesting to look at. Another one of Tsukamoto's i'd HEAVILY recommend is Tokyo Fist, just don't watch it with a girl. Kinda like Tetsuo-HA!
Trevor the Rat (Dan)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Another on of my freaky cult favorites, Tetsuo:iron man is a great movie to watch when you wanna escape it all and go into a fast motion non stop twisted scene one after another. It's described on the side of the box of my shiney cased copy as "TERMINATOR meets ERASERHEAD" i think that about sums it up. Wow what a pleasent surprise to see this little gem appear on this great site. This movie also intoduced me to another great cult flick, MAN BITES DOG. gotta get that one on here! A sick French film about a documentary crew following around a criminal and his average day includes killing old ladies and stealing their money, raping a woman in fron of her terrified naked husband, and smuthering a little kid with a pillow. besides these few flaws he's a very likable character and funny too. he loves his family and it's so god damned real. It's considered a KILLER COMEDY and it is pretty funny but in an offensive kind of way. well that's all i have to say i'm gonna go watch tetsuo now.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this film a couple of years ago, and it's the work of a depraved genius. Felt like I was on drugs even though I was stone cold sober at the time.I'd love to see it again.5 out of 5 for originality.
Alex
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie kicks so much ass.  It's by far the best movie ever.  Nothing compares, simply put.
Todd
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie ranks up there as one of my favorites.  I haven't watched it in a while, but images from it still stick in my mind.  It impacted me so much, that I actually started writing a script with similar overtones.
cafe creme
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

in all the comments about that movie is "I can't explain"
Instead read "the idea of a driller dick is to strangely appealing for me to admit it.....cool movie indeed
neil
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 06:02:49 PM »

This is my favourite movie ever!! SEE THIS MOVIE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dionysos
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is more a live action cyberpunk anime like Akira or The Guyver than a japanese Eraserhead. I've seen the movie twice now and the story for me is that a salary man and his girlfriend do a hit-and-run on a metal fetish guy. The ghost of the metal fetish guy (I'm not certain if he is a ghost, but after the accident he's more like a God with powers hiding in the mind of the salary man)wants revenge and leave a curse behind. The salary man then slowly turns into a metal man. His girlfriend finds it scary and at the same time erotic. She too has a fascination for metal and technology. Eventually she gets killed because of her own lust. Finally the ghost of the metal fetish guy reveals itself and wants to kill the salary man. There is a fantastic fight with kenetic powers between the two men and the metal fetish guy can't win. The salary man takes over the metal fetish guy and they merge. Now a new creature is born and they want to turn the world into metal. This is the story if you take it literally, but you can see it as an allegory for our own world than relies more and more upon technology. We too are becoming more and more robots.
R.P.GEMMELL
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The holy grail of mindf##k movies. Breathtaking, mindblowing, satirical, beautifully savage and most of all, inspiring. It tells of a young salary worker who runs over a guy who enjoys ramming bits and bobs of metal into his body. Next morning he discovers that a spike has grown out of his cheek and is gradually mutating in competition with his girlfriend, an uptight female commuter and some underground geek who are dragged along the evolutionary path. There are moments which are hilariously profound such as the scene where the guy's penis transforms into an uncontrollable pneumatic drill and there are also scenes of bizarre sexual imagery as the lovers indulge in painful sexual congress. This film contains the most strongest stuff on screen, the make up effects on display can simply be described as the X-rated equivalent of the monsters in such TV programmes such as Doctor Who and Lost In Space. Shinya Tsukamoto delivers us a mythical, brutal and an epic attack on the senses. A radical fusion of dark visuals, bizarre sexual brutality, mindblowing music and mutations make this the pinnacle of mindf##k movies in every sense of the word. If you want to see one of the most extreme and bizarre movies every made or one of the many great works of cinema in general, start off with this movie at once!

MY RATING: 10/10    
oxode
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Tip ! All movies of this director are great, except "Tetsuo2-The Bodyhammer". Totaly different but most disturbing is "Tokio Fist". A kind of horror-psycho-drama, absolutly great.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tetsuo « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.