Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:33:56 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Battle Beyond the Stars « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Battle Beyond the Stars  (Read 65742 times)
Boodikka
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The Sonny Chiba/Vic Morrow film was the nearly unwatchable MESSAGE FROM SPACE. BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS is one of my favorite "junk" movies, especially for James Horner's score. The death of the heroes in SEVEN SAMURAI clones always makes me sad, especially Caymen in this film.
Tam-Tam
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

What a flashback! I saw this in a San Bruno multiplex with a now-ex-friend. We went to see it for the "special effects" but when we quickly determined it was a Star Wars bandwagon quickie, we laughed our asses off through the rest of the movie.

I remember when the female character was explaining the tragic history of her planet to John-Boy and the flashback scenes of devastation went on and on and on, we shouted "we get the point!" John-Boy's eulogies for each of his compatriots, very trite. But I did like Nell's sass. We even stayed through the end credits and were the last ones to leave the theater!

The young warrior in Seven Samurai DIDN'T keep the girl.

Good pick, A.!
T.
Steve
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Yes Robert Vaughn is playing exactly the same role as  he played in The Magnificient Seven and "Oh My God" isn't that just a coincedence. Roger Corman of course has no knowage of movie history or Mr Vaughn's previous work, lt was just a coincedirnce. This IS Corman's greatest flic, God I love Roger Corman.
Bruce
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It has it's shlocky aspects. It didn't have a blockbuster budget. BUT I really LOVE this film! "John Boy" talking and even arguing with his computer-controlled ship is a lark! The "Man From U.N.C.L.E." as a threatening, quirky, alien mercenary is likewise cool! The motley band of aliens doing the impossible by saving the pacifist planet from destruction by alien "Nazis" - what else could you want?
Brian
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2004, 07:03:42 PM »

Leave to old Roger Corman to put boobs on a starship! Still, a fun movie to watch when you are bored.
Paul
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

How could you forget the campfire scene where everyone sits around the little red aliens, the ones who communicate by lashing out with a wave of heat?
That was a good crappy movie... keep up the good work.
David Radich
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 03:06:47 AM »

Great Bad movie!!!
I want Space Cowboy's Scotch and Soda dispensing belt!!!  Some really good Cheesy Dialogue.
Also, I noticed that Sador of The Malmori (John Saxon) Is Submarine Qualified and has had a Balistic Missile Submarine Deterrent Patrol or two under his belt. (He wears US Navy Sub qualification insignia on his sash with the 101st Airborne shoulder patch in between)  Also his collar devices are upside down Scuba Diver qualification badges.  I don't know why, but I notice things like this.    Liked Sybil Danning's outfit she died in.  Spandex stretched like that always helps a bad film.
Saw the movie when I was 9 and recently checked it out.  Had a good laugh.
Buddy Christ
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 06:30:53 PM »

God I remember seeing this in reruns throughout the late 80's on cable. Didn't they also reuse the a lot the space battle footage in like 5 other films?
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »

Speaking of Sador...
I created this Magic the Gathering card of him back in January.
I should change his Flanking ability to something else.  Never did like Flanking.  And I'm pretty sure he's not human. (don't know where I got that from)
But he is good for making players sacrifice creatures and he's pretty powerful in the Power/Toughness dept.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:06:14 PM by Ash » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 06:06:08 AM »

Presenting the toilet freshner of the future....

Phill
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »

It wasn't a marriage between two women at all, if you look carefully, Shads sister grabs the hands of the man who is slightly obscured by his bride to be, but theres no mistaking its a man.

MrObvious
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 01:27:27 AM »

If anyone wonders how they did such good visual effects on such a small budget, check out the amount of talent that worked on the crew -  a lot of big names got their early start with Roger Corman: Chuck Comisky, James Cameron, Alec Gillis, Dennis & Robert Skotak, with the great astronomy artist Don Dixon as visual consultant.
Tim Cafferty
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 10:08:33 PM »

I saw this movie in the early 80's when I took a girlfriend and the two of us were the only ones in the theater - still, I remember it as one my favorite "bad" movies of all time.  I loved the scene where Sybill Danning addressed the group of mercenaries and the camera focussed on her ass.  To me, the spaceship Nell looks like a moose head.  Still can't figure out why Sador wanted to conquer Shad's planet; it was a worthless lump of rock.  Finally, I tried to buy this movie recently but the local video store couldn't even order it - at any cost.  I can get it off the internet, but it looks like it will cost me around $50 plus shipping.  Anyone know a cheaper way to acquire it on DVD?
Flu-Bird
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 01:09:49 AM »

Dont the reptile guy kind of remind you of GRIGG from THE LAST STARFIGHTER? or maybe the the bisexiual lizard from ENEMY MINE
SciFiBen
New Visitor

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 10:40:33 PM »

I agree with Tim. The ship always looked like a moose head to me. In fact, it was because of thinking about a moose related thing that I looked up this movie and found this site.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Battle Beyond the Stars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.