Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:31:03 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nude on the Moon « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nude on the Moon  (Read 27955 times)
boyScoutKevin
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Make your wish." Next time, can we have less steam arising from that hot spring in the video file? That "D" in that one
screenshot, must be there, so she remembers her cup size. Otherwise, I think they would be labeled "L" and "R." Other then that, another good review for a "bad" movie. I always look forward to the next one.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2001, 03:12:03 PM »

never has a movie thrilled me so much
Jeff
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just saw "Nude on the Moon" for the first and probably last time. What a scream. Your review was right on target, but I wish you would have done something with my favorite idiot astronaut problem - lack of oxygen. That was the whole reason they had to leave. For 30 minutes, they had only 13 minutes of oxygen left. Now, the moon looks remarkably like South Florida, with lush, verdant plant life and the moonudies apparently had plenty to breathe as did the the astromorons because their helmets weren't sealed and were open the whole time they were up there.
The only thing that made this movie worth watching was pretty obvious and even that got old after a while. This would be great MST-3K material.
Jeff Weskamp
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Jeff Piselli is right; this would make an excellent Mystery Science Theatre episode.  Unfortunately, once they edited out all the nudity, it would only be about 20 minutes long.  Hey, maybe they could then use it as a short!  Or maybe they could superimpose MST3K logos over all the naughty bits.  Of course, that would be a LOT of work (but I think it'd be well worth it...).
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Tan line hypothesis: They wear special boob protectors when there's a solar flare.
Colin G. Davis
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Come on, Borntrager, leave Cathy alone. She ain't THAT bad.
rick and judy
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Excellent movie to round out our extravagent new year celebration.  Judy fell asleep, though.  Fortunately she's awake for the end.

I used to have one of those helmets when I was a kid.
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 09:23:25 AM »

Got to see this one last night , thanks again to Netflix! (They have all the "best" worst movies.) I can't believe they played the set-up & the science stuff totally straight.. they should have done it campy; that would've been perfect for this kind of movie. Andrew's right, everything up to the moon landing is padding.. but after they get to the moon, there's no more padding to be seen, if you get my drift Wink Interesting to see what was considered daring & racy in the early 60's, if nothing else.

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
Jeff Strain
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »

You were too harsh on Cathy/Moon Queen. She had
a nice face save for the fake mole, which she didn't
need, and great body, though she needed to jump
rope for her legs. If I had a time machine, I would
definitely do her.  Considering how scarce nudity
was in 1961 this would have been well worth your
money.  Compared to Blaze Starr Goes Nudist this
is quite a leap upward as far as entertainment.  

timmy
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 10:41:44 AM »

just watched the movie today, just because i heard that it has lots of stupid fun and dangling naked boobies...

it has more than just that... "one small step" yep that's right! i believed Neil Amstrong lifted this phrase... and maybe NASA too, got the idea of landing and returning the lunar module from this movie for its 1969 mission 8 years later...

should this movie had been made today it would be a parody of the Apollo 11 lunar mission, but how can you mock something that didn't even take place?
Gator
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »

This movie is sooo stupid! BounceGiggle I honestly believe the screenplay was written by a 9 or 10 year old boy just after he discovered a copy of Playboy in his dad's workshop. (Back then "topsy's" is all Hef could get away with.)

After reading over all the reviews, even Borntreger missed it at 16 minutes into the movie, there is one very critical scene in the movie that everyone has totally ignored; What was the purpose of feeding the monkey? Why was there a scene of a monkey being fed? We never saw the monkey before, and he/she doesn't show up again anywhere in the rest of the movie. (I had to Wiki this, but the first monkey in space was in 1949 for, of course, survivability tests, so I guess this scene was intended to convince the 1960s viewing audience that "these guy really know their stuff about space travel...they have a monkey! This really is serious space science going on here.")

Final observation: If moon women ever made it to Earth, all of them, except the redhead, would be immediately employed as professional plumbers.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »

After reading over all the reviews, even Borntreger missed it at 16 minutes into the movie, there is one very critical scene in the movie that everyone has totally ignored; What was the purpose of feeding the monkey? Why was there a scene of a monkey being fed? We never saw the monkey before, and he/she doesn't show up again anywhere in the rest of the movie. (I had to Wiki this, but the first monkey in space was in 1949 for, of course, survivability tests, so I guess this scene was intended to convince the 1960s viewing audience that "these guy really know their stuff about space travel...they have a monkey! This really is serious space science going on here.")

Seemingly random shots in this film (including those with a monkey) can be explained by the presence of Doris Wishman's name in the credits.  She loved to inject random things into films.  If you watch her movies be prepared for shoes and feet.  For no reason, she liked to film those.  You'll also see pigeons, wall clocks, and wall paintings at times.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gator
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »

Thanks Andrew for the info about Doris Wishman, but after this one, I'm going to follow the lessons learned from Apocalypse Now; "Never get out of the boat."  Buggedout
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »

Seemingly random shots in this film (including those with a monkey) can be explained by the presence of Doris Wishman's name in the credits.  She loved to inject random things into films.  If you watch her movies be prepared for shoes and feet.  For no reason, she liked to film those.  You'll also see pigeons, wall clocks, and wall paintings at times.

A large part of Doris' random camerawork comes from the fact that she shot her pictures without synced sound and had the actors dub their lines later to save money.  By focusing on a random object she avoided the disconcerting effect of the sounds coming out of the actor's mouths not matching their lip movements.  Of course, it's far more disconcerting to be watching someone's feet or a potted plant while the actors recite their lines.

That still doesn't explain the presence of the monkey, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nude on the Moon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.