Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:27:25 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Python « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Python  (Read 24194 times)
Paul Westbrook
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Why does it seem that Hollywood is in competition to see who can make the best creature feature? This plot was already done to death in Anaconda, which this film is basically, a rehash of. It was good to see William Zabka again. Hasn't he done much since Karate Kid ended? This movie sure didn't give his career a much needed boost. There should have been more explicit shots of the two dykes at the beginning. Another snake movie, that reminded me of this one, was King Cobra(released on video recently). I won't totally knock this film, due to the fact that I also own it, but the filmmakers need to come up with new material. I give Python a 2 and a half rating. And that's my opinion.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Giant snakes, lesbian sex scenes, shower scenes, Robert Englund, what more do you want?

The real estate scene gave me a brain hemridge, though, so did the fight scene.
Joe
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie sucks, the special effects weren't so special, and the good actors die cheesy deaths! Did you know that snakes use they're tails to stab stuff? This is already on the site, but I agree that you should avoid it!
Marcus
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Giant pythons killing off lesbians and attacking chicks in the shower...hmmmm...sounds kinky right?  Well this film just blows...the snake looks like it came out of a video game. Also, aside from the Jenny decapitation, there really are no redeming deaths in the flick.  For the record, Robert England seems to be quickly becomming the hero of the B-Movie world.  Also, it seems Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita (forgive me if they're spelled wrong) are not the only ones struggling from work in the post Karate Kid days...
Howie D
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hmmm, as if Anaconda didn't blow snakes out of proportion enough, we now have Python.  Let me make a list of reasons this movie is just plain bad (and not a good type of Bad like Bad Taste, but really bad)

1) I own a large python, and the CGI snake is out of proportion, as well as the head being incorectly shaped.  At least get the proportions right, even if you exagerate the size!

2) The acting is only marginally better than an Ed Wood flick

3) If you have ever watch a snake, such as a large constrictor eat, you know they don't stab anything with their tails. What were the creators thinking? Were they thinking?

4) As long as a large constrictor does not regurgitate it's food, there is nothing left but bone matter and dust.  It is definately not recognizible is any way shape or form.

What next, Godzilla vs. the Anaconda?
Joseph Barale
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 02:58:28 AM »

This movie was GREAT!!The reason why I like it because it has so much special effects.WOW.I have never seen low budget movies with good special effects before.Rating:5
Naomi
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Didn't anybody recognize Will Wheaton (dude with purple hair)?

Seriously, if you thought this was bad, you should have seen Python 2.  Oh, yes they did.  Start with this movie; take away every recognisable actor, half of the budget and three-fourths of the color, add an international subplot that ends exactly where it starts (the middle of nowhere), and suddenly, Anaconda doesn't look quite so bad.  Then there's Boa Vs. Python, which has nothing to do with Boa or either of the Python movies, except that it was made by the same production company.  This latest installment of the series features an exhibitionist biologist and a squeaking snake.
i luv dolma
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Probably the only good movie to come from Nu Images. And the sequel wasn't that...bad. I mean, it was like seeing a computer generated snake straight from a PS1 game go and eat commies.
Philip Loth
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 06:26:21 PM »

Python has got everything;nice boobies, oral sex, a shower scene, and a giant snake. What more can you ever want? Python 2 and Boa VS Python are also good.
jeff morris
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »

Not loving this movie is,  as Kenny the closer would say,  for "losers".
Kenny the closer is an icon. I mean "ka-ching" this is cinematic gold! Only possible  improvements for this movie  would be more Kenny & less of everything else (except the opening camping scene of coarse).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Python « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.