Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:41 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wizard of Speed and Time « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Wizard of Speed and Time  (Read 77692 times)
Lisa
« on: March 19, 2003, 07:49:55 PM »

I have a poster that he signed for me at Fantasy Fair in Atlanta many years ago.   He showed us the other shorts that you are talking about.  I have always thought of him and hope that he is doing well now.  It was just a magical experience to meet him and listen to him talk.
Tim Drage
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of the best movies ever made, especially if you're an animator. It's the only thing that got me thru animation degree hell.
Pure creativity and inspiration. One day ancient wrongs will be righted, WoSaT will be on DVD and Mike Jittlov will rule the world!
MaryJane
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dude, I can't believe that somebody else actually SAW this horrible movie!!!!
Scott
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Interestingly enough, the guy who played the evil producer in this film played the part in real life as well - Jittlove got screwed on this film, the producer embezzled, sold the rights without permission, etc.   Used to be a newsgroup alt.fan.jittlov that had a faq that described in detail the story.

great film, wish i had a copy.
Ummm
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Did anyone else find the writing style of this review a bit....odd?

There were a few transitions in there that were almost...well it reminded me most, just in some places, of how Koreans write in english some times...
EJ Kropp
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My animation professor at film school introduced me to this movie, I got a copy off of reel.com or amazon, so it's not hard to find.  This is a hilarious movie that is very true to life.  A friend of mine when he first moved out to Los Angeles actually looked up Mike Jittlov, he's apparently quite bitter at the filmmaking world and has no desire in any way to go back into it.  Quite a shame, the movie is amazingly funny and quite silly.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I first discovered Jittlov via an article in Starlog titled "Mike Jittlov Can Do Anything!", which showcased both this movie and his appearance in Disney's ABC promo for THE BLACK HOLE.  Jittlov's talents and quirkiness (lime green, anyone?) made him something of an idol to me at the time. Thanks for the write-up!
Bill B
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

There used to be a copy at our local BlockBuster.  After I was the only one to rent it in a year (about 8 times), they let me buy it.

Anybody know where I can get a certified DECENT copy?
Clayton George
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 11:47:59 AM »

...you want a copy? Go to alt.fan.mike-jittlov and ask. Mike and others lurk around, and if Suan is watching, she will come knock you on the head(in a friendly manner) and tell you how. ..ahem, and if you happen to know any TV muckety-mucks who would be desperate for an astounding find, akin to THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY, to display on their sad little network, thus creating worldwide acclaim and mind-boggling happiness, then give them a friendly boot in the nards and send them to Mike. A deal awaits...
Charlie
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Best movie ever.
The Wizard of Speed and Time has a kind of honesty to it…
Both in it's story, and brilliant execution.
When Mike says- "It's a feature length film with a REAL story, with special effects that REALLY mean something, they aren't just frosting on the cake..."
I just about cried.
Directors like George Lucas and Tim Burton should sit down and watch this film... and afterward take some time to evaluate their careers and whether or not the world needs another one of their regurgitated, heartless movies... void of any true creativity.
Mike Jittlov is a Wizard... by all means. He cares about the art of creation.
Watch his films, and learn something.
Charlie Bink
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Oh, and one more thing...
When are we going to see the WoSaT DVD with audio commentary??? I would kill a man for it...

-Bink
Jeff
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 06:42:28 AM »

One of my favourite movies ever! This should definately be released on DVD!
Carter Adams
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OK here's my WoSaT experience: the year was 1990, I was 8 years old, and I was over at a friend's house©  We wanted his mother to order The Wizard ¥horrible 2-hour Nintendo commercial "I love the PowerGlove, it is so rad!"¤ on Pay Per View©

But we didn't get the Wizard©  We got The Wizard of Speed and Time©  It was awesome©  I haven't seen it in 12 years, but I still remember a great many details©  I went home and immediately tried to make stop-motion movies with our VHS camcorder ¥it didn't really work, you can't go frame-by-frame on VHS¤

I really should find a copy and watch it again©  Great movie©

And I think The Wizard should qualify as a crappy enough movie to review here©
Bruce Miller
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Not only has Mr. Jitlove made many fantastic shorts (as well as this move) under his own power, but he also did a stop-motion short for Disney.  You can see bits and pieces of it on some of the old "D-TV" (that's "Disney TV) music videos, but the whole thing is unbelievable; it even makes WOSAT (the original short) look a bit amaturish by comparison.

For those who don't know it, a brief synopsis is a Man (played by Jitlove, again, I think) is so fixated on Mickey Mouse that everything in his life (clothes, office supplies, furniture, etc.; EVERYTHING!) is Mickey Mouse.  Slowly but surely, all the Mikey Mouse items "come alive" and eventually lead him off to another universe (where, I guess, the magic of childhood never ends).  

This was another time when Jitlov had immense problems with the film establishment (I believe he has NO rights to any of this work on this one).  No wonder he's out of the industry.

And, yes, here's another vote for a "Special Edition DVD."
Dave Keefer
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

As I understand it, WOSAT is loosely based on the experiences Mike Jittlov had in filming material for a Disney TV special, which included the original WOSAT short.  The program, which was supposed to showcase different types of special effects, also heavily promoted Disney's upcoming movie "The Black Hole."

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Jittlov at a convention over 15 years ago (and NOT shaking his hand).  He struck me as a very kind, intelligent, witty, and gentle soul.  Unfortunately, there are those on this planet who live to prey on such rare people.  

If you get the chance, see his other short films, "Animato" and "Time Tripper."  There are other good ones, but I can't recall the titles (one features dancing clothes in a department store at night, and one is an interview with his own evil twin).
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wizard of Speed and Time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.