Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:26:14 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wizard of Speed and Time « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Wizard of Speed and Time  (Read 77704 times)
Val
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2002, 03:37:59 PM »

Another vote for a DVD of WoSat!  And I love his signoff about dreams and wishes.  We need more optimism.
Blake
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2002, 09:59:06 AM »

My first Jitlov Experience was at, I believe, NoreasCon II in Boston.  The world SF convention-I think in 1979 or 80 (I was about 12 years old)  We all loved his films and loved him.  A very personable guy unlike some of the other guest speakers at the Con, most notably Harlan Ellison.  Have been looking for copies of Jitlov stuff for quite some time with no luck.
Mistypaw
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is now one of my faveorite movies ever! Aside from the beautiful silliness and a whole mess of wonderful imaginative things, a lot of the underlying story theme is quite true. It really tugs the heart of any creative repressed "geek" (ment as a compliment).

We got the movie on ebay, and afterwards all we could do is sing the song and talk about how we should get some friends together and make something. It was inspiring.

I pray that I will get to see him at DragonCon someday! That would be great!
Rick
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2004, 05:20:15 PM »

I really enjoyed this movie in its unique style and execution. I would really like to have it on DVD!
Bozzy
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The best movie of all time! I wish I could make em like
this.
Rita
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

An excellent movie to be sure, it doesn't need me to endorse it any furthur. I'd just like to respond to the comment made by 'Bink'.

Tim Burton is a cinematic genius and I'm glad he's getting the credit he deserves. Other artists may not be as lucky, but this is how luck goes. Burton recently proved himself with the amazing Big Fish. And dare I mention his heartwrenching and stunning Nightmare Before Christmas? So think before you put down big name directors. They may be just as genius as the smaller guys.

As for George Lucas . . . well, he's beyond all hope.
eagle wolf
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw this increadible pice of film oops magnetic tape
19 years ago I am 34 at the time I write this post,, but inside Im still that amazed teenager everytime I watch thisone of the greatist f/x movies.

I got the chance to meet the man himself down here in hollywood about a year ago hes still got the light with him and oh yah me being so absent minded offerd my hand for shakeing perposes then at the last second I realized whats wrong with me,,,  I want to offer a pice of my bodie for him to shake eeehhhgggh there must be something wrong with me...   LOL!  

but all that aside It was my greates honor to meet that guy, and what wold be the next great meeting you ask?? whell of course PARTYING WITH CHRISOPHER WALKEN!!! woldent you??  oh yah baby!   LOL.

well thats all from me excuse my crappy spelling.
And MAY ALL YOU'RE FINE DREAMS AND WISHES COME TRUE...
NeuroManson
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

If you have a VCR that can do a decent frame by frame, you can find a plethora of subliminal messages mixed in with the effects, such as when a yard sale buyer grabs the bike, you get a stream of anti taxation subliminals throughout the electricution. An easier one to find is the Wizard's flight around the world, with one shot of the German castle framed with "If you lived here, you'd be home by now".
Dave
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of my all time favorite movies! I've watched my VHS copy so many times over the years it's about worn out! Who do we have to get to to see a DVD special edition release? There must be a market, as I write this there is an unopened Laser Disc copy on Ebay going for over $80, and I'd be bidding on it if I had a laser disc player!
Head Inmate
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw WoSaT in the late 80's or early 90's.  It took me almost 20 years and the advent of Google before I could combine distant memories into sufficient information to do an e-bay search and buy my own copy (seemingly an original copy, but previously viewed...and viewed...and viewed).  The WoSaT is a movie that stays with you and sticks to your soul...much the same way that chewing gum does to the bottom of your shoe.  Since discovering that I'm not the only fanatic...'scuse me...appreciator of Mike's cinematographic efforts, I've learned so many nifty new tidbits of information.  Many, many thanks Mike for your labours, and I hope you feel inspired to venture out past the boundaries of the Never-never-land of Hollywood sometime soon.  

May all your wishes...

Head Inmate of Deb's Insane Asylum
Pasqual
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw a segment from WOSAT back around 85 ro 86 I think. I probably only saw a minute or so, but somehow it stayed in my memory.  Out of the blue a week ago, someone posted it on a newsgroup (not sure which one.) I downloaded it and am watching it as I write this! It's a pretty good VHS dub with a bit of tracking issues here and there, but I'm so glad to have the full movie after almost 20 years! Cheers to Mike Jittlove! You should be doing this stuff for a major studio!!!!!
Fox Of Nod
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 07:31:20 AM »

I kept watching the clip here and i memorized that part of the song. I was hoping to find a copy at the local used movie place I went looking for something else and found it my eyes just about flew out of my head and I lunged across the table to get it. Great movie I want the 35/mph suitcase.
Tam-Tam
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

*sigh*

I'm an acquaintance of the Green Wizard, met him back in '82 when he would tote his projector and reels of his shorts to conventions. Those shorts are genius work, no question. This film, as much as I like him, not so much, although he produced the best he could under the circumstances. The producer, while maybe not as satanic as Jittlov makes him out to be, did do a number on this production. I also think Jittlov bludgeons the viewer over the head with his anti-union, anti-insider views, however entitled he may be to his opinions. And the whole subplot with the hoods is just silly.

He's been given every opportunity to clean the movie up to his satisfaction; several friends and acquaintances have given him free Macs and software several times over, us included. But I've given up all hope of him actually producing a DVD. When his mom dies (she had a stroke a few years back) he'll be too devastated to do anything. I hope he proves me wrong and wish him the best!

Thank goodness a couple of his Disney shorts are now available (Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Color, Vol. 2); dubs of his other shorts are up on YouTube and allegedly can be obtained through friends of the Wizard.

I haven't seen him in a few years; the last few times I went to LA I didn't contact him 'cuz visiting him is too sad -- all that wasted talent. The moral: Never unleash an idealist in Hollywood!

May all your fine wishes...
T.
Sara
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw this movie around 96' and only just able to get a copy of it a couple days ago. This is most likely the best made movie i have EVER scene. When i watch it i cant believe that he was able to accomplish all that he did.  Another big vote for the DVD!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!

May all your fine dreams and wishes come true!
vaguener2
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 03:35:45 PM »

OOOh my holy Sh!T... this movie is my childhood and i love it...

some animations i did because i watched it...

i love the running bag and flyin' card

thanks for review this one... but i really don't think it's a B movie ^^
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wizard of Speed and Time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.