Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:10:49 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Day of the Animals « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Day of the Animals  (Read 34865 times)
Joe
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What a terrible movie. I added it to my DVD collection last year. Christopher George was a bottom of the barrel actor.

I can't wait to watch it again . . .
jmferryman
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Loved your review!  And, I must admit, I have fond memories of "Day of the Animals."  Can't wait to read your review of "Grizzly," another Girdler favorite.
Patty
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A wonderful overview of Day of the Animals. Girdler would tip his cowboy hat in approval. One of my other favorite scenes is when, after Mandy is maimed, Beth tells Lynda Day George, "She's so pretty. I hope she's not scarred for life!"
ChrisB
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was quite surprised to find that the film's buget is a mere $100 000. The fact that it manages to look quite accomplished  is surely testament to Girdler's proficient direction. Not all low buget films are bad!
Patty
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Actually, that figure is incorrect (IMDB's info is frequently inaccurate when it comes to Girdler, and I've plain given up on correcting them). Day of the Animals cost $1.2 million dollars when it was all said and done. It was the second highest budget Girdler had to work with -- Manitou cost $2.6 million. Grizzly cost under a million.

Patty

williamgirdler.com
JO
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Reminds me of the equally chee-z movie 'Frogs' (Dum, dum, dum!)
Super Saiyan Goku
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You were right about the flying pigs taking out the helicopter would blend right in with the movie, but i still think its funny! Hahahaha!(i mean come on! that wouldn't make you laugh?!)
Alex
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of my favorite B-movies of the 70's. As a lover of these nature gone berserk flicks, I consider this one at the top of the heap, right beside "Kingdom of the Spiders" My favorite scene: When the group, lead by real-life husband and wife Christoper and Lynda Day George, is attacked by the dogs at the cabins. Great camera work and the scene in the cabin as the dogs try to break in...Exciting!!
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Bare necessities" - HAHAHAHAHAHA!  ROTFL!  Great review!  If only he shouted "I can hold my breath for a looong time!" as he meets Yogi!  Bwahahahaha!

This film is not to be missed.  Laughs aplenty for all.  Grade A+++ cheese.
night heron
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 09:09:36 PM »

DAY OF THE ANIMALS did not we see simular in hitchcocks classic THE BIRDS? although it only involved seagulls crown and sparrows this involved lots of animals going after a bunch of city slickers too darn fool hardy to know that cougars and bears are dangerous
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Why is it that only recently I have thought about this movie?I mean,I have fond memories of every movie I saw at the theater back in the 70s(well except for Rocky and the Airport series)so why have I almost forgotten about this one?MAybe because the "monsters"are just animals and not creatures from outer space(Laserblast) or prehistoric dinosaurs(At The Earths Core).About the only scenes i remember are someone being attacked by birds and another guy sitting on a pile of snakes.I just ordered this on DVD today so I look forward on refreshing my memory.I do recall that the next day after seeing this my first grade teacher asked me what I was drawing.It was my depiction of one of the gruesome scenes from this film.She didn't have a smile on her face.
firebird
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 08:31:40 AM »

This movie was made at the time when a bunch of crack pot scienitists were blabbering about chlorofloro carbons cuasing O-zone depletion what a dumb concept when it come down to it hitchcock did it better just using THE BIRDS
kjw
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Is this the same movie that has a scene where elephants are on the street attacking people in their cars? If so than this is the movie that a friend of mine once showed me.I thought that it was plain ridiculous seeing elephants grabbing people out of their cars eating them,and squashing them.

If this isn't the same movie then what movie am I thinking of? The elephants are not the only animals in the movie that kill people.But that is the one scene I remember at all.
Eagle
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, this movie would work as a comedy (just think at the monster-chicken, lol). But its supposed to be a kind of ecological-thriller like "Birds". Just a couple of gags and this movie would be worth to watch. Silly movie!
IT
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't believe I went to see this garbage as a kid but I did and it was torture.The one good thing about this movie LESLIE NELSON going nuts and getting ate by a bear now thats was funny.Those rats attacked TUCKER after he threw something at them so they were inocent of any wrong doing other then that a terrible movie.A remake would be good.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Day of the Animals « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.