Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:57 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Arena « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Arena  (Read 46881 times)
Geoffrey
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 07:31:42 AM »

A good entertayning movie,for a B-Picture Astounding Good Make Up & Visional Effects.But the Best of all two old STAR TREK-DEEP SPACE NINE Heroes in their first SI FI Role.Armin Shimmerman (Quark)and Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukkat).By the way this movie and ROBOTJOX was so expensiv that it Ruins the BAND Movie Factory (EMPIRE PICTURES)a real missing for every B-Movie FAN.That what came after this wasnt so Good.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 05:11:18 PM »

I passed on picking this up on VHS about 3-4 years back and I'm kicking myself now as I can't find a copy anywhere.
Does anyone know if there are plans to release Arena on DVD?

Skyline
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 03:28:38 PM »

man i loved this movie when i saw it years ago I used to have ex rental vhs copies of this and robot jox but both were lost in a house move now finding this movie on DVD is a nightmare (someone on amazon is charging $100 for a Laserdisc copy!) anyone have any ideas where it can be found or whether it has even had a DVD release?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »

man i loved this movie when i saw it years ago I used to have ex rental vhs copies of this and robot jox but both were lost in a house move now finding this movie on DVD is a nightmare (someone on amazon is charging $100 for a Laserdisc copy!) anyone have any ideas where it can be found or whether it has even had a DVD release?

It's not on DVD yet I'm afraid.  Bluesad

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 04:08:43 PM »

I just watched this movie about an hour ago.  It was a little hoke, but I liked it.  I remember seeing it a long time ago.  It has not gotten worse nor better.  Just a movie that you sit down to watch when there is nothing else to do.  I was hoping for a cage match between Quinn and Jade. I would pay to see that.  The grasshopper opponent that Armstrong fault resembled one of the creatures from the Guyver.  I was waiting for the Guyver to jump into the ring.   BounceGiggle  Good review Andrew.   Cheers

Later,

JOHN

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
joebro
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 12:09:21 AM »

"Being head-butted by someone who is part bull sucks." - LOL  BounceGiggle Too funny.

I was racking my brain for the name of this movie so I could perhaps rent it from Netflix but couldn't think of it.  I browsed through every single Netflix offering under the Sci-Fi genre but didn't see anything that rang a bell.  I then typed in some key words into Google like "movie where fighters in space have handicaps" and the first search return was a Yahoo! Question & Answer thing (you know what I'm talking about) and the "asker" described the movie and someone else nailed it right on the head.  As soon as I read the title Arena, I knew it was right.

This movie worked somehow and I remember seeing it on HBO or something way back when.  I think its ripe for a remake.  What do you think?   Cheers
NutshellGulag
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »

This is streaming on demand at Netflix. Don't know if they have it on disc.
Ben
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »

I don't believe it's out on DVD.

It had been a while since I saw this B-movie gem but I watched it yesterday on Netflix. For a B-movie it isn't too bad. I thought it was entertaining and not in the same way I find "Space Mutiny" entertaining.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 07:00:06 AM »

I think its ripe for a remake.  What do you think?   Cheers

Ugh, I certainly hope not. Leave it alone, it's fine. Still waiting for that damn DVD though.  Lookingup

RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 07:31:29 AM »

I started watching this on netflix the other day. It was a lot more fun than I expected, but I still dozed off halfway through.  Drink

=== ===
           Go Robo!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 05:15:58 AM »

I liked this - the scene I liked the most was the first battle where the monster shakes his head to get rid of the dizziness.  TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Arena « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.