Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:52:26 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Arena « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Arena  (Read 46884 times)
Chris
« on: December 01, 2001, 03:32:32 PM »

This has to be one of the greatest scifi movies I have ever seen..I remember watching it on cinemax or something when I was a kid.If anybody knows where I can order a copy or when its coming on t.v. please email me.
John White
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 09:32:25 AM »

I actually loved this movie when I was little. I was weird.
Thunder Warrior
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Don't forget to look at the crow. Most of them are cardboard cut outs, some don't even have real heads, I think I saw a coat hanger for a head at one point. BRING ON THE B
PA Torwell
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just want to mention that Quinn was played by Claudia Christian (Susan Ivanova from "Babylon 5") before several other people beat me to it.
popman
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yearr ! thanks for the information Torwell. I couldn't find where I ever saw this face.

Anyway, Arena is a very good b-movie for winter sundays afternoon.
David Fullam
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Arena was one of the last things that Empire pictures made and was planned as one of their bigger budgeted (well for Empire anyway) projects. It sat on the shelf forever after Empire folded. Who can ever forget the card board cutouts that made up the audience in several scenes, or the visible wire that lifts up the hero at the end as he is lifted by Horn? It's too bad that they didn't have a bigger budget to realize their ideas. Arena may not be the greatest, but it is entertaining all said.
Josh
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2002, 10:33:21 PM »

When I was in 10th grade I absolutely loved this movie.  Looking back on it I realize what a geek I was, but I still love this movie.
zach
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I went to high school (Mendocino) with the lead actor, Paul Satterfield. He's pretty damn obscure, although he does star in a sequence from Creepshow 2 ('the raft')...
Bobby882
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'd like to point out the huge misconception that is painted around the character in this movie, Horn.  First of all, Horn is made out to be some disgusting monster, while many of the characters in this movie are monsters and many are just as disgusting if not more so.  In the movie, Horn was beaten at a disadvantage and most unfairly and deserves much more credit than he receives.  I hope I've caused you to take a second look at this movie.
night heron
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 10:02:28 AM »

A movie involving a boxing match between a earthling and a alein mualer wow ROCKY BALBOA  vs KRRYYYGZILE OF MARS  and winner take all loser loses everything
CroweLying
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Weezil is played by that everyman of totally masked sci-fi, Armin Shimerman (aka DS9's Quark), and Rogor is another common face, particularly in Star Trek - Marc Alaimo, who played Gul'Dukat on Deep Space Nine.  

This movie tries hard and for the most part works, considering what must have been a tiny budget. It had a strong cast and rather good creature effects, considering. One of my favorite B-movies.
Thorn495
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 07:01:53 AM »

I hate that mouse/weasel looking guy with a passion.
Arm Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Attem, Steve! Show those pesky aliens what kind of tree you're carved from!
Steve
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 11:35:09 AM »

Not only did Claudia Christian play in the movie, but the whole plot (down to vagrants living in unused sections of a space station) is reminiscent of the Babylon 5 episode TKO...did Paul DiTillio have a hand in this one as well, or did someone pay the $5.00 for the rights?
PJ
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

He uses the same spin/elbow strike four times in the clip posted.

Need one say more.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Arena « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.