Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:09:09 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Abominable Dr. Phibes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Abominable Dr. Phibes  (Read 75044 times)
Austin
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My favorite Price movie & one of my all time favorites.  It's like if Dr. Evil actually killed people.  With a hottie sidekick named Vulnavia.  My personal favorite was the supercharged portable ac unit.  That's some serious creativity.  I was waiting for the frickin' sharks with laser beams, but I wasn't disappointed.  The rest of the deaths were just as creative.  I mean, come on - carniverous grasshoppers?  BWAHAHA!!  It doesn't get any better than that.  Except for maybe the catapulted unicorn head impaling scene.  I am anxious to see the sequel...
night heron
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 09:56:48 AM »

I saw this movie several times and its still a good movie and using the seven pleges of egypt that moses laid down until the king of egept let the people go and a man in a frog mask being strangled by it well we told you
zorro
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

in the 1980's, George Romero was attached to direct a 2nd sequel, PHIBES RESSURECTUS, with a script by the original writers (they hadn't worked on the 1st sequel,which wasn't as good as the original). Shame that never happened, as this is one of my faves...
firebird
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 09:36:52 PM »

Nothing like using the pluages moses laid down on egypt on a bunch of neglegent doctors usialy they would be sued for malpractic but this is still a pretty good movie and the locust in the airplane wow where did dr phibes get them bugs? i guess phibes read his bible good
linh n.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Your review of Dr. Phibes is hilarious, especially the "what I have learned from this film" list.  I had been meaning to see this film for nostalgia's sake recently, but what sealed the deal tonight was seeing a Diane Arbus retrospective at the Museum of Fine Arts.  I don't know if she got around to seeing it when it was released, but I'm sure she would have liked it!  
Maciste
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2004, 12:16:40 PM »

Great Price. Great killings. What is left is pure boredom.
Dicky
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'd never heard of this film before until i came across this site by accident. I bought it on DVD, and it is quality viewing, great film. The unicorn head scene is hilarious.
FizzleStein
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 01:24:26 PM »

Only one other person in my group of friends had seen Phibes, so we corrupted the rest of the group. Now we are all Phibes fanatics!
Richard
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 10:55:33 PM »

Wonderful in all its hideousness.
giant claw
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2005, 09:10:54 PM »

I saw this movie and wow its great and theres nothing like using the curses that god laid upon the egyptians to make them release the isralites and dr phibes using them well i thought the movie was GREAT a real classic
phibesfan
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't believe I,ve seen a bad Vincent Price movie.  He really get,s into character.  Phibes rules!
Rhatt
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Vulllllnaaaaviaaaa....
Only Vincent could do that name justice.
My all time favorite B-movie, altho at the time it was the scariest thing.
The House that Dripped Blood. Another of those icky-ooky movies. Christopher Lee I believe in that.

Now I gotta find these on DVD.....

Honey....popcorn run!!!!
IT
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 12:27:08 PM »

My favorite of all Vincent Price movies.The scene with the man in the frog mask was my favorite death scene .Vulnavia was my favorite character she was more evil then the good doctor himself. I would marry her myself.I give it six stars.
Ron Weiskopf
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 02:06:07 PM »

I also loved the movie, but one thing got me really puzzled.  The Rabbi says nobody knows the order of the plagues, and the movie takes some liberties there (e.g. the death of the first born was the last plague, not the ninth).  All anyone needs to do to find out the order is to read Exodus, where everything is spelled out in great detail.
Terry Smith
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The wave files were well chosen and brought back memories - but a decent "Viictoooooorriaa' is as canonical as a Moriaty [tm:goons]"AOooooooowwwww".
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Abominable Dr. Phibes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.