Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:01 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Squirm « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Squirm  (Read 45584 times)
some guy...
« on: September 01, 2003, 02:41:28 AM »

I saw that movie when I was little and ever sense I have had a horrible phobia of worms. at the same time, my brother also got an internal, intestinal paracitic worms... need I say more.. *shiver* I think about worms EVERY day. I dont go outside bearfoot, or mess with mud. we have also had a bad suer leak in the backyard. our house is old so baaaad stuff may have found its way into our pipes. the lawn back there is half perfectly lush, and have completely dead. we also have alot of racoons and stuff... why i am still so freaked out even thought the last time i saw that movie was probably 7 years ago, i dunno. i do know that im scaring myself a little more than necicary.
RKS
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

One thing I definitely noticed was how well the movie represented the true essence of the state of Georgia.
Steve
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2001, 08:11:35 AM »

This made for a good episode of MST3K
Ross
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've been waiting for this one!!  This is one of my all time favorite bad movies.  I saw this on TBS about 15 years ago when I was around 10 years old.  It scared the hell out of me.  That very night, my brother started snoring and it sounded like the worm infested Roger was in our room.  Needless to say, I was scared s**tless.  I've had a great affinity towards this movie ever since.  

Being biased the way I am, this is my favorite episode of MST3K.  
dia
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Still one of my favourite movies of the early eighties. The FX by an early Rick Baker are still disturbing, the sound of the worms is crazy and the acting is way over the top.

What has happened to Jeff Lieberman after this movie? His first one "Blue Sunshine" is a classic nobody even knows, Squirm is a great popcorn movie, but afterwards he only made some direct to video stuff wich wasnīt even funny.

Itīs a sad buisiness....

bildungersmen
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Maybe I have an odd sense of humor, but I thought the funniest thing in the movie was Roger's horribly fake "screaming" when he fell into the face-eating worms. I'm never going to get over that scene. It sounded so fake, it was just painful.
Jake
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't ever wanna go fishing again....not like I did in the first place.

maybe that's why my dad thinks I'm gay

JT
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 01:30:34 PM »

I had this dream since age 6 to produce & direct cheesy, good-bad horror movies. When I saw this movie with my mom & stepdad, my mom said she hoped I would grow up to make a nice, non-gross movie. She also thought this movie inspired the creation of the Fear Factor series! But I totally thought it was cool, and it looked realistic, even if it was made back in the 70s.
vdantev
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My synopsis: Cecil B. Milktoast from the big city comes to small Georgia town to battle close-up shots of fanged killer worms and a deranged hillbilly for the hand of the least unattractive woman in town with a male-sounding nickname; what's not to love about this film ?!
squirms?!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2002, 04:07:07 AM »

I love this movie as well, and am also biased.  I watched it on a small portable tv in a tent late one night in VA, and was scared as well.  I even made a copy-cat movie with my friends, using earth worms.  About a year ago, my roomate got me the squirm poster framed, which is a killer poster.  It just got burnt in a fire though.  Jeff Lieberman, do more....
Geekpit
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie RAWKED! I saw it when I was a kid on a Saturday TV matinee and it scarred me for life. It's the reason I got into schlock cinema in the first place, and oddly enough, why I have a thing for redheads with no chests.
Erik Stutzman
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 04:03:15 AM »

I still have trouble watching this movie, for some reason the opening song freaks me out. I think it is scarier than the rest of the film.
DreamStarr
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just looooved your comment's on this dumb movie.
However, it still creep's me out!
I also went lookinh for that place. I've found a Fly Creek, N.Y....remember, Roger said"...from New York"....
cant' remember exactly what he said, just the new york part.
James Perry
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I simply saw this *advertise* in the 70s and it scared the sh*t out of me (same thing happened with Black Christmas & The Town That Dreaded Sundown.  Why do they advertise these during family films or TV?  For years I had the vision of that chic sufficating in a plastic bag and some madman cutting the screens of our windows to beat us all to death).  

"Worms?  Me and daddy fish with worms!  That's a good thing.  Worms that eat you..bad thing.  Nightmare time!"

First viewing (as an adult) was that amazing MST3K episode in the late 90s!  Yesterday I saw yjr film uncut and this movie is an absolute blast either way.  It's like...screaming worms!  A topless redhead chic that's less a turn on as your own sister!  HER pot-smoking sister who has definately had all the guys in this little town by the time she turned 15.  A skinny redheaded guy who must come all the way down to Georgia to find a girl who likes him even though a relationship with her homely little sister seems more likely!  Damn this movie has some much to laugh at I can't wait to watch it again sometime.  I guess in October I'll include the MySTied version in my Halloween viewing!

I'm from Georgia, by the way, and if ever asked to make somebody an "egg cream" they'd be given a freaking milkshake and asked to leave!  Just joking.  But we're still living down Deliverance and the Dukes of Hazzard for Christs sake!  The only thing close to inbreeding in my family:  grandpa and his brother married sisters (from a completely different gene pool, damnit.  And that's as far as it went!!).
realdeal
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Going to be sold at cheap price this summer when i go to the flea market.

Well what can i say, i didnt even finish watching the movie, its not bad but its really gross with all those ugly worms.

I guess watching this movie and eating at the same time isnt good at all either.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Squirm « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.