Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:51:18 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sextette « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sextette  (Read 59480 times)
Eric
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I watched this move non-stop for 21 hours.

I really don't understand the people who think that Andrew being disgusted by an 87 year-old Mae West is chauvenistic or unfair. If women like seeing an 80 year-old Sean Connery, I'm fine with that. I don't say "ick" when women talk about Patrik Stewart or Harrison Ford, even though they're all senior citizens. But if I get disgusted by an 87 year-old woman acting like she's 30, that's my business. It seems to be the consensus of men that old women are NOT sexy. Why do people have such a problem with that? If I don't take issue at women liking old men, they shouldn't take issue with me NOT liking old women.
Mort
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

God...If I weren't already gay...this would definitely turn me.
steve eramo
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

why do i read warning lables and continue to do the things that i'm told not to do????

very clearly i was told to NOT click on the 'love will keep us together' clip.  but no.....i just HAD to see mae west and timothy dalton(how did he ever get to be james bond??) in what i assume was to be a duet.

well, i found out a few things:

1)animatronics are wonderful, i love how lifelike mae west looked.
2)timothy dalton...um....can't sing to save his soul.
3)the pain in my eyes subsided once the ice pick was removed.
4)the webmaster is an evil, evil, twisted man.

may this film burn in hell, along with osama bin laden
Beeronius
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 10:53:45 AM »

Dear lord. My eyes burn from watching that clip...
Kaiomarz Bhada
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This has to be the best movie I have ever seen! The song between Timothy Dalton and Mae West is the best coreographed piece of film ever! And Mae is the prettiest sh'e ever been! 85 year olds rock!
Miko Rittenberry
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Lucifer himself could not create a horror of this magnitude.  I vaguely remember seeing this movie on cable a long time ago and it almost raped my childhood.  For the longest time, I swore that RED SONJA was the worst movie ever made... apparently, I had just successfully blocked this one from memory, only to have it brought back by this website.  Thanks.
Believe me, watching Dom DeLuise dance along to a cardboard cutout of Mae West might be the most f**king surreal thing anyone will ever see... *shudder*
Tom
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is gold..... I really LOVE it... it's so bad that it's good. Made my eyes water from laughing. Specially when you hear Mae's teeth smack up her gum! (I'll play the piana *smack*)
Trog
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A masterpiece! Ranks in cinema history right up there with "Xanadu" and "Can't Stop the Music." A technological, directorial and performance achievement unequaled before or since.

The amazing Mae West, rumored at the time to be either 85 or 91, is utterly convincing. Ubiquitous use of state-of-the-art "Doris Day lenses" (pantyhose smeared with Vaseline and stretched over the camera) predate Industrial Light and Magic techniques by at least a decade.

So does the use of a wireless earpiece cleverly concealed in Miss West's wig so the director could feed her her lines. A huge advance over Marlon Brando's technique of hiding his lines on cards all over the set so he doesn't have to memorize them and they sound "fresh." Again, Miss West was far ahead of her time and displays an astonishing emotional range for which she was not well known.

One example: her reading of her line, "I'm the girl who works at Paramount all day and Fox all night." Audiences didn't know whether to laugh or cry, such was the rich emotional ambiguity of this, her crowning role. One appreciates her trail-blazing performance all the more when realizing that, though she had written this line for herself some fifty years earlier, it still sounds as fresh as if her director had just fed it to her through her earpiece.

And another thing. Michael Todd's cameo players in "Around the World in 80 Days" had nothing on "Sextette's" once-in-a-lifetime assemblage. Tony Curtis, Walter Pidgeon, Dom deLouise, Alice Cooper, Timothy Dalton, Regis Philbin, Tom Sellick -- all giving,er, standout performances, per Miss West's requirement -- plus an immortal musical score that ranges from the Captain and Tennille's "Love Will Keep Us Together" to the Beatles' "Honey Pie" -- well, there are no words.

If it's brilliant moviemaking you want; if it's comedy and heartbreak and thrilling music and choreography rolled into one (even dancing bellhops, like in Jerry Herman's "Hello, Dolly!" only this is different because those were waiters and these are bellhops!) don't hesitate to buy "Sextette." You'll regret it.

Steve Potts
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Come on now,...everybody loves to crap on "Sextette", for all the WRONG reasons!  Its called a "farce", it was never ment to be taken seriously! Ms. West even said at the time that she made it 1978 that she did it "for her fans!"   What other star could pull something like this off at her age then?  Not Garbo, Swanson, or even Dietrich, who appeared briefly in Bowie's "Giggalo" 1976, looking great herself!

85 or 91, who cares! Mae West looks great in "Sextette" , no more than 65 or 70! She made this for her fans, so have a stiff drink, sit back & enjoy! There will never be anything like this made ever again in Hollywood, nor are there any legends left, the likes of Mae West!  
qygibo
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

If Mae West REALLY cared for her fans, she wouldn't have made that P.O.S. movie.....  it's shudderriffic!!!
Suz
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just watched the clip and cannot for the life of me imagine anyone watching the whole thing.

Dear sweet Lord.

Do you suppose it's a war crime to torture Saddam Hussein with this?  Because I really think he'd sing like a bird after a few hours of this.
bb6634
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

(after watching the clip)
Oh God Oh God Oh Merciful God...  
hnybny
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

After hearing rumors of just how bad this movie was I saw the DVD for sale in a used rack for $3.99. I thought that this would be my chance to own a rarely seen 70's B-movie. This is not a B movie, this is at least a Q. What were they thinking, why? What the hell is Alice Cooper doing there??? Was he still an addcit then? Yes? Oh, that explains it.
Arm Commander
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 09:52:53 AM »

A masterpiece? More like a disasterpiece in my view. So, with the power of the Inferno invested on my D-Gun, I, the great and powerful Arm Commander punishes Sextette with a D-Gun blast. Your sexual days are now over. May the Great Gods stomp on your grave.
Hot Hunk
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't understand the nasty comments here at all.  This movie is not bad.  Mae West did a fantastic job considering her age.  She was still glamourous, good looking and sexy!!  It is an injustice to attack this film just because of her age and I think all the nasty comments here show just how SICK and DEMENTED people are today.  These comments are nothing but age-prejudiced, horrendous words to be sure.  The only thing sick about this movie is the nasty, age-prejudiced comments about it!  God, how cruel and unfeeling can people get????
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sextette « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.