Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:31:31 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sextette « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sextette  (Read 59475 times)
Super saiyan jedi
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

If you tried to toss this movie into a bottomless pit, it probably would get tossed right back at you.
Simon Withington
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Some movies are so bad they're good.
I love this movie.
If you love high camp - this is the film for you.
Michael Corda
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

How much cocaine can movie makers consume to compell them to make this drivel?Don't get me wrong...I love it.It's like a horrible car wreck you rubberneck at.When Marlo wore the WHITE! wedding dress and looked like the Cryptkeepers uglier and OOOLDER relative,I ran screaming into the street and almost got hit by a bus.Rumor has it she was actually dead and propped up with a broomhandle.Use your imagination...I lived the sheer hell of this movie myself in a way.My grandmother looked and acted just like Marlo.I have doomed genes.
The Driver
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You've done nothing to prove to me that Mae West is an actress.  However, we now have photographic evidence that Timothy Dalton, Dom Delouise, and George Hamilton are all oscar-class actors.  

After all, they're all in this movie, they're all supposed to be in love with Mae West, and they're all clearly <i>smiling</i>...
Brian Lindsey
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Jesus H. Christ.

Honest-to-God nightmare fuel.
Steve
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Pass that bloody barf-bucket! My flabber was well and truly gasted when I had the awful experience of seeing this many moons ago (I must have been in an altered state). I thought no-one could be so sadistic as to unleash this upon an unsuspecting world - Andrew, you're damned forever.
Patrick T
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Uh...OH GOD NO!  SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY IN THE WORLD, STOP THE MOVIE!! *this is where I run screaming into the street*
Bill D Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

ARRGH!!!  I clicked on the video!!  With sound!!!!
MAKE IT STOP!!!!

MOMMY!!!!!

Now I'm going to need to sue badmovies.org for mental anguish!!!
:)
Green Hornet
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Sad realy. She could have pulled off the sexpot act at fifty, MAYBE fiftyfive. But this.....it's just sad.
Spazztica, Queen of Hyperia
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Some Hollywood sicko must have been really freakin' bored. Why must there be an 85-year-old slut? Why must anyone sing about it? Please beat me over the head many times with a skillet should I ever wish to see this movie.
Butt Monkey
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2001, 12:09:15 AM »

People seem to like to s**t on this movie, but I thought it was a delightful comedic romp with the sexy Mae West. When Mae West first caressed those majestic, gargantuan 85-year old saggy tits of hers, I felt like making sweet love to her all over her body. First I would touch her gigantic loins and then... (Post interupted as I descend back into the depths of hell)
Josie
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have a story I'd like to share:

Upon reading the one-line summary on the reviews page, my first thought was 'male chauvinist pig... Sean Connery's at least 80, and he's sexier now than he ever was as James Bond.'  I mentioned this is a friend of mine, also a bad movie fan, who agreed with me, and we set out to find a copy of the movie so that unbiased (read: female) eyes could take a look at it.

Hooo, boy, were we sorry.

Round about the time the gay guy showed up, we'd started to put together a theory.  This script must've been written for Ms. West while she was still young, and it was her baby the way 'Battlefield Earth' is John Travolta's.  For one reason or another, though, it failed to get funding and was set aside.

Then one day, some guy found it, dusted it off, and decided it had potential.  All he had to do, after all, was cast the right Marlo Manners and people would FLOCK to see it.  A sexy star is a proven way to save a lousy movie.  Go rent 'Entrapment' if you don't believe me.  So after many long weeks of tryouts, he finally found the perfect Marlo; a blonde bombshell just at the beginning of her movie career.  Never mind the fact that if THIS Marlo's on her seventh marriage, somewhere out there are six men who are guilty of statutory rape.  With her in the lead role, the movie's a sure winner.

Then Mae West found out about it.  Imagine John Travolta at eighty, having just been told that 'Battlefield Earth' is being filmed, and he isn't in it.

So Ms. West hatched an evil, grinchly plot.  She had the young star quietly murdered, then showed up at the studio with photographs of the director and said young lady doing things that the director's wife would be quite upset about.  The rest, as they say, is history.

That's our theory, anyway... it's the only way we can possibly imagine this movie having turned out the way it did.  And we take back all the pig stuff.
Henry
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Normally, I'd say any film this hideous is a waste of time. However, as one of the most (if not THE most) stunning horror films of the century - this movie certainly hits the mark. Imagine a woman in her mid-eighties constantly tossing out outdated sexual inneundos and alluding to "hot" (make that "cold" - as in necrophilliac)sex with her mid-thirties co-star. Can't? I'm furiously trying not to, either. Add to this stultifying mix some not-to-be-believed "musical" numbers and, of course, the ever amazing Dom Deluise and you have a recipe guaranteed to keep you awake at nights for months to come. This movie has it all - a seriously embalmed Mae West, Regis Philbin (!), Ringo Starr, Alice Cooper (!!) and a sad host of other "stars" in some of the most embarrassing cameos since The Love Boat. I never thought "Love Will Keep Us Together" would actually send a chill up my spine. Trust me, Lovecraft was an amateur - you need to see this movie...
caro and rox
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think this movie has changed my life forever. It's much more staining to women than men. Words fail me. It's the most uncomfortable viewing experience of my entire life, yet sweetly and sadly gallant - all those hundreds of people constructing an elaborate lie, too nice to tell her that she was 91 years old.
Scott
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie gave me ovarian cancer I think, which is pretty bad considering I am male.  After viewing this movie and crying in a corner for a week, I shared it with some friends on a weekly movie night we have.  Needless to say the Exorcist didn't get the screams of horror this movie did, people were literally hurting themselves.  MAE, we love you, even if you are dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sextette « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.