Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:03:56 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  ZAAT « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ZAAT  (Read 45962 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »

I, along with 2 of my sisters were "in" this movie as extras. We were part of the "bad singing" Please tell me how I can get a copy! I have never seen the final cut! I tried Netflix under all 6 titles, but no luck.

A number of years back the owners of the film had a website (zaat2000.com - if I remember right; it no longer works) and they sold a limited run of the film on VHS tapes.  That is how I obtained the VHS I used for the review.

I have never seen it legitimately available on DVD.  Mystery Science Theater 3000 did this film, but I do not think that episode is currently available (and the movie was probably cut some for the MST3K version).  I think that your best bet will be to keep an eye on Ebay.  Plus, sooner or later, this has to get released on DVD, right?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Powell Mock
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 07:08:41 AM »

I have a copy of this movie.  Please email me your address and I'll mail it to you.
Powell
Jamie
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 09:20:57 AM »

The 2 songs in this movie were written by Jamie DeFrates & Barry Hodgin. For information on how to purchase them go to www.jamiedefratesmusic.com
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 11:26:46 PM »

What did the chick in the video die from exactly?  It looked like he lightly grazed her stomach. 
George Bass
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »

Does anyone know how to get a copy of this movie?  I know the Biologist Gerald Cruse "Rex" and I was in Jacksonvile, FL when they had the re showing.  It was great to meet the original actors and crew.  Anyway I would like to have a copy of this.  Please respond to my email gbass12@comcast.net
Catherine
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 04:46:35 PM »

Zaat will be shown at the Five Points Theatre in Jacksonville, FL, on October 28th (2009).  DVDs and memorabilia will be available for purchase at the theater.  Don Barton (Producer/Director) will be in attendance, and possibly a few of the cast members.

Also, keep an eye out for Zaat over the Halloween weekend on TCM/Underground.

For more info, you can e-mail me at cathzaat@comcast.net.
JBF
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 01:10:33 AM »

My oh my! My fiance and I watched this just because it came on after "Psycho" on Turner Classic Movies the night before Halloween. After watching what's one of the best horror movies in the history of cinema, we were aghast! How does this deserve a slot on a channel that touts its showing of classics? However, I have to say it kept us up way later than we anticipated. It's by no means a good movie, but we were strangely transfixed by the sheer badness of it. I made enough smart-ass comments to keep my fiance in stitches! Okay, maybe I fancy myself more clever than I actually am, but this is the kind of movie that was made to be mocked! Anyone who has seen it will agree.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 12:32:38 AM »

I saw this last night ~ it was part of the MST3K box-set I bought a few months ago.

All I can say is WTF was Zaat?  Buggedout Buggedout Twirling TongueOut
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:54:56 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »

A giggle fest when MST3K did it. Lots of riffing material.
Gotta love a movie that provides so much unintended comedy.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »

I rented this movie under the name Attack of the Swamp Creature.  Boy was I disappointed when I saw what the "swamp creature" was...

Try this....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
mrgb46
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »

This is a very bad movie and even with Mike and the bots,doesn't make it that much more enjoyable.And to think this movie is out on blu-ray with a bunch of special features,too..Think of all the horror movies that aren't even on dvd yet,but this one is.Something isn't right...
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 01:37:09 PM »

I caught this on tv back in 1983, under the BLOOD WATERS OF DR. Z title; several books that have mentioned this film list it a a '75 release.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  ZAAT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.