Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:48:40 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Sword and the Sorcerer « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Sword and the Sorcerer  (Read 50098 times)
jmsynth
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh yeah, I'd Just like to add this film made $39mil in the US and was the 18th most successful film in it's year. The 18th most successful film of last year (Fun With Dick and Jane) made $110mil! ($200mil worldwide.) Think about that.
Wally
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 01:12:42 AM »

I saw this with some friends back in 83 when I was 11 and found it very disturbing. I actually held my hands up to cover my eyes during some scenes. I saw it a few years back and found it rather lame.
hanelpanel
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »

Another hilarious review. This one had a good AD&D reference (fireball/contingency/permanency), a Brooks/Tolkien/Eddings reference, and a jaws reference at the end.

One of my favorite reviews so far!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 10:34:55 PM »

Oh, how I loved this movie!! It still has one of the best closing lines of any movie, ever, in history -

"Ride on then!! We have kingdoms to save and women to love!!!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
1911A1
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »

supposedly there a chick with three brests in this movie. true or not
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »

No, that was in another barbarian movie from around the same time, with David Carradine, I think . . . maybe The Princess and the Warrrior?  It's been a LONG time.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 06:05:33 AM »

supposedly there a chick with three brests in this movie. true or not

That would be "The Warrior and the Sorceress."  A review:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/warsorceress/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
FLU-BIRD
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »

Made about the same time when they were making these cheesey sward and sorcery movies and it got to become old hat after a while and downright boring
Halfabubbleoff
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »

Bit of an update here.

For those of us to have.... ahem... "fond" memories of this film, the long promised sequel is in production now.  All that remains is the Hwk the Slayer sequel!

Here is a link to some details from AICN:

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/39660

Brief intro form the site:

Merrick here...

A while back, we learned that director Albert Pyun was ramping up to shoot TALES OF AN ANCIENT EMPIRE, a pseudo-sequel to THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER (HERE).

This came as quite a surprise, given that the film was promised at the end of SWORD (released back in 1982) and was widely assumed to have been forgotten in the subsequent 27 years.

Nevertheless, TALES began filming December 16 and we have some images from the first and second days of shooting.
spongy
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »

Man, does anybody remember the early days of TBS? When all they used to show was reruns of Nightcourt, Beastmaster and this? Awsome days. They once had Sword and Socery week. Everynight for a week at 9pm, a truly awsome movie of high calibur such as this one was aired. Beastmaster,The Sword and the Socerer, Conan the Destroyer, Red Sonia, and some flick called Ator, which I'm sure is on here. BEST WEEK EVER when I was nine in the summer of 89.

A Sequel you say? With Kevin Sorbor (the man who just may usurp Bruce Cambells B-Movie kingship)? A bunch of random hot chicks with swords? Sign me the eff up.
Lev Lafayette
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 05:13:20 AM »

Was impressed with this when it came out and quite enjoyed it when I recently watched it again, although the plot does jump around it is mostly fairly sound. Nice special effects with the raising of the sorcerer at the start. Some eye candy. Some pretty silly fight scenes.

One thing that we did notice when watching it which somebody may care to confirm; isn't the princess Talon's sister?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Sword and the Sorcerer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.