Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:02:46 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mommie Dearest « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Mommie Dearest  (Read 104474 times)
deelite
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh Darling you looked so ravishing.
all iI have to say is
"No WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!
great filming productions would love to see more film like this I recommend some oters such as the bad seec, whatever
happen to baby jane, hush hush sweet charlotte.
Bill
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

What a movie! My best friend and I always quote this flick at least once a day. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy, but this is one of my favorite movies of all time.  

Can someone please translate the demonic chant Joan launches into while jogging? That scene just cracks me up.

The absolutely funniest part is at the end of the comet cleanser bathroom scene when Joan says "figure it out" right before her eyes cross.

I already own the video, but now I have to get the DVD, the tape is getting worn out from overuse.
Mary
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

After watching this movie, I had an uncontrollable urge to go home and scrub my floors.
larry
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This is my least favorite movie in the world.Everytime I see even part of it i get nightmares for 2 weeks.If this happened now Dyfs would put Christina in a foster home.Back in the 50,s child abuse was rampant and excepted.The way she had to work her way through school after Joan lied and said she had no money.,after buying all that stuff.The lie about her being expelled and that reporter doing nothing to stick up for Christina.The Convent ,I hope that Nun learned that Chrsitina was not bad just abused.To be stuck there for 4 yrs with no priviliges.The wire hanger nonsense and the raw steak Horror movies dont scare me mommie dearest does,i just had to sit through it at a friends house saturday night and have not slept well since.The movie came out in 1981 ,why are they still playing it on HBo.

larry
Melissa
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love the movie and I am looking for black and white photo's of the scenes where she is putting ice on her face after cleaning it, any thoughts?
David Fullam
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

WHAT A MOVIE! I first saw Mommie Dearest on cable in the early 80s and instantly fell in love with this wonderfully trashy piece of pop culture. Get out the bathroom cleanser, the wire coat hangers and whoop on that brat!

But you left out one of the best quotes in the qoutes section, "Christina, bring me the axe!"
Mike
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

If you look beyond the camp...I mean REALLY LOOK...you can see an incredible performance by Faye Dunaway.  She truly meant to portray a very disturbed woman (JC) for who she was - a survivor, but also a victim.

The movie is trash.  The performance is not.
Jon W
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Wow, you can't FIND better camp then this. Joan was certainly scarrier then any of the other monsters featured on this site.
Calle
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is absolutely fantastic! I love it! It's so funny...

"TIIIIINAAAAA!   BRING ME THE AXE!"

"I'm not mad at you! I'm mad at the dirt!"
jimmy
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Faye's supposed to ALWAYS look like Joan.  But, why did they forget the makeup for the walk-along-the-beach "I want a kid" scene?  She looks like the Faye from "Network".
Also, lighting where her cheekbones are really accentuated (blue robe, taking baby Christina upstairs) NEVER look like Joan.  Wonder how original choice, Anne Bancroft, would have compared, looks-wise?  
Frances Sutton
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think one of the best bits was in the boardroom where Joan says "don't f**k with me fellahs!'  I thought it was hysterically funny and utterly, utterly camp. What I want to know is-where are Christina  and Christopher now? poor lambs, what a terrible woman she was.
KidGotSpunk
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2002, 04:58:26 AM »

BAMM! that was a pretty funny ass clip you put on the site but fricken disturbing.  I love this movie, i saw it when i was 7... stained me for life HAHAH!
Chris
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Mommie Dearest is my absolute FAVORITE movie! Joan was a hard-working, single mother trying to make it in Hollywood. She showered Christina and Christopher with gifts, love and lessons in maintaining cleanliness. And what did she get? " A DAUGHTER, who cares more about her beautiful dresses, than she cares about ME !(JC)"   Christina deserved everything she got!!!

Honestly, this is the best movie.....ever!  My friends and I can never get enough of all the dramatics and of course the camp!  I they made a sequel!!
Lady Lucifer
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 01:48:06 PM »

One of my favorite parts is where Gregg shakes her up for calling him every low down name in Hollywood.  He then forces her to admit that she is krazy!
Scott
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have always thought Faye Dunaway was a lousy actress, and her over-the-top "performance" in MOMMIE DEAREST proves it.  There is no characterization here to speak of; this woman is a cartoon character staright out of the old horror comics.

The beauty part is that this movie is so awful it's funny.  I have seen it dozens of times, and I simply HOWL with laughter every time.

One bit of VERY bad casting that the original reviewer missed.  Diana Scarwid, a fine actress, has never quite been able to rid herself of her thick Southern accent.  One minute we have Mara Hobel as the child Christina; the next we have Scarwid (who looks WAYY too old to be 13) reading from ANTIGONE with a Southern accent so thick a knife couldn't cut it.  And it gets worse when she gets mad...check out the way she delivers the line, "Whah did yew adopt me???"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mommie Dearest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.