Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:45:46 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mommie Dearest « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Mommie Dearest  (Read 104604 times)
Seangstm
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Too bad the old witch didn't go to jail for child abuse.
I can't imagine beating an innocent child with dutch cleanser.
The woman was a sociopath. I hope that Christina and Christopher made millions from this movie. They deserved to."

What proof do you have that she abused them?  A book written by her daughter after she was cut out of the will, right?

WRONG.  Christina conveniently switched the timeline of two events - Joan KNEW about the book and THAT is why she cut Chrstina out of the will.  The movie makes it look like being cut out of the will was the FINAL STRAW that DROVE Christina to write the book - which is a bald-faced lie.

Also, Christina Crawford is widely publicized as finding this subject matter humurous and worthy of ridicule.  Interesting...

If you actually research into Christina Crawford an abject occupational failure throughout her life until she wrote this book, you might not take the movie as being gospel.  It bears ZERO resemblence to the truth.
danger
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2003, 06:16:27 PM »

I laughed my ass off when Gregg, after getting naked to join Joan in the shower, puts on a towel to walk the 4 ft. to the bathroom!!! And, why is Christina still a little girl when Christopher is 7 yrs old??? She never ages from when we first see him as a baby! Why did joan always strap poor Chris into bed? Was she worried about some weird incest thing? Ok, my imagination is running away from me! Why MST3K never got ahold of this flick is beyond me.
David Williams
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I think it is the most awesome movie ever made.  I own the DVD and play it over and over.  I am a huge fan of Faye Darling!
Christina Darling
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is positively my FAVORITE movie of all time....My mom cries when we watch it, but I almost vomit from laughing so damn hard.  It's the best ever!  "Alright, Jimmy!"
Dearest Hearts
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2003, 11:50:24 PM »

This is the best website ever created for the best movie ever made.
Scon
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My bestfriend and I too quote this movie at least once a day.  It is our FAVORITE.  I think my favorite scene has to be a tie between NO WIRE HANGERS and the boardroom scene.  "I work and work until I'm half dead, and I hear them say she's getting old.  And what do I get...A daughter who cares as much about the beatiful dresses I give her as she cares about ME."  But then there is..."You don't know what hard feelings are until I come out public against your product...then see how much you sell."  I LOVE THIS MOVIE...!!!
anita
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

MOMIE DEAREST is a hysterical,trashy and not believable,cheap
Soap-Opera with a  flat ,cardboard description of Joan Crawford.
The Movie presents  Christina also unrealistic as a suffering angel.
Even Faye Dunaway's brilliant performance can not save the movie from being an utter Disaster. I
Joan Crawford
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It is ALL me...it is ALL true! But there is so much they left out. I created so many types of punishment for that ungrateful BRAT Christina, there wasn't enough time in the movie to show them all. "Mommie Dearest" is a JOY and a TREASURE. I can only equate it with the Technicolor musical treasures from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer! I fully approve of the film and I wish they had asked me to consult because some scenes (particulatly the mad punishment scenes) were too toned-down in comparison to what REALLY happened. But I am satisfied-Barbara Stanwyck feels the same way-we talk about it. I leave all of you with this loving tribute...
"Discipline mixed with love is such a GOOD recipe".
JD
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"I should've known you'd know where to find the boys AND the booze."
Bette Davis
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Goddamit Joan!  WHY didn't you include MEEEEE?!  I gave you perfectly good childrearing advice and what did you do - you ignored me anyhow.  Just like on Baby Jane!  I AM the superior actress and mother.  You're just a silly old whore from Texas without the wonderful Yankee genes I have.  Keeeyrist!  How embarassing for you.

Sincerely,
Bette
PsychoMama
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME!"
"We have our moral and legal responsibilities!"
"What you're doing in denying one of your children the chance to live a WONDERFUL AND ADVANTAGED LIFE!"
danny
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 06:33:14 PM »

The beautiful, Faye Dunaway,in everything that she does she is a divalike actress, this movie has all my favourite elements of trashynes, glamour, suffering,the life of another great and unusual actress-joan crawford. It is one of my favourite of all time, it is simple Im gay.
DENRON
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The BEST line in the whole movie!
"You're nothing but a rotten, crooked lawyer supplying the grease that makes this sh*tty movie business work. You think your life's a mystery! There isn't a dirty cover-up in this entire business that I don't know about, and your hand is in every one of them! You REEK of it!!"
Mommie Queerest
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"What about the socks?" dramtic pause
"I can handle...the..sockths"

Is this a reference to some kinky foot/sock fetish?  Joan never had a lisp either, her diction was affected, yet perfect.
Lewis
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 08:17:36 PM »

The only question that I have is why did the boy had to be strapped to the bed when he slept?  Great movie by the way!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mommie Dearest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.