Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:05:44 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Commando « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Commando  (Read 71155 times)
Liutenant Rutt
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Commando is ,without question, the greatest film of all time. It's so bad - it's good. A mad Australian called Bennett? Genius (why'd they have to give him woolen chain mail though?). Let off some steam and watch it.
Bill Hiers
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Fun review. Only nitpick is, the "Bad Guy" who tells Matrix he needs to cooperate and is then shot in the head is named Diaz.
Wez
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie and Stallone's Cobra were the greatest movies from the 80's!
John Pickett III
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Great movie.  I want to buy it and it to my B movie collection.  During Arnie's assult on the base, I noticed something strange, he must have mastered a force shield technique.  I know this because he can shoot people, but he can not be shot.  I think that he should show are boys and girls this technique all over the world.

Just my 2 cents.

John
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 09:15:11 PM »

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »

Just a friendly reminder to all Commando fans that the director's cut DVD came out on September 18th and is most excellent.

Also, be sure to check out  http://commandofans.com/ as they were greatly responsible for helping to get Fox to make this special edition Commando DVD.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:40:10 PM by Torgo » Logged

Torgo

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 08:50:31 PM »

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2007, 11:30:30 PM »

I've posted this before, but it's worth another look. A side-by side comparison of Bennett and Freddie Mercury. Coincidence?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flangepart

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 11:55:20 AM »

Something who impressed me a lot with this movie is the soldier who is killed at least 16 times.. He always returns a scene later in a different situation and he is killed again by Arnold!!!
Clone soldiers!

Arnie is Arnie. Whats not to love. Man, i wish I sold the blanks to the wepons master....I'd have a fortuine!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Torgo

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 09:55:29 PM »

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 02:03:37 PM »

I love this film.  It's corny at times, but Bennett is such a bad ass.  Nothing says bad ass like wearing a chain mail vest and fighting with a knife. 

It's funny to watch Arnold attempted comedy, it's too good.
Terff
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »

I saw this movie online a couple months ago. Man oh man! I agree with just about everything the reviewer says. Ms. Rae's acting is terrible (I specifically remember thinking that to myself while I watched her), the fight scenes are incredibly cheesy (amazing how probably 50 heat-packing soldiers cannot even nick Swartz, yet some bad-a dude with a knife can nearly take him down), etc. etc. This movie is just an excuse to blow up stuff. BounceGiggle But it still kicks @$$!

What was that overly dramatic line the major said after he learned Matrix was going to "visit" the baddies to get his girl back? "Get ready for WWIII!" or something like that. He, he, he...
monoceros4
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »

Last night I was watching some old MacGyver episodes (ah, MacGyver, another wonderful example of '80s cheese) and who should pop up as the villain in an episode but Vernon Wells.  About ten or fifteen pounds lighter and dressed a bit more conservatively, but not looking or sounding much different than in Commando.

I also watched the movie again semi-recently.  I'd misremembered the boss battle at the end, recalling it for some reason as being far more one-sided than it actually was.  Bennett actually gets some licks in, although he doesn't look as if he should.

By the way, you've got to love how, when the cops show up at the surplus shop to arrest Matrix, they don't even bother to check on the lone car in the otherwise empty parking lot where Rae's waiting.  You think that'd raise a bit of suspicion.

AllisonSNLKid
Dedicated Viewer

Your Saturday Night Live Guru since 1996!

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 07:40:48 PM »

Wow.  I first saw this movie when I was about 7 years old, and have seen it many times since - I still love it.  Bad acting, explosions, the Incredibly Undefeatable Extra, Arnold Schwarzenegger speaking actual dialogue...this movie is still fun to watch!!!

It's like people only do things because they get paid.  And that's just really sad.
Torgo

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »

Here's a funny remix of part of the final battle siege.

Small | Large

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Commando « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.