Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:21:34 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wild Wild Planet « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Wild Wild Planet  (Read 47896 times)
bill
« on: August 10, 2002, 11:42:53 AM »

I saw part of this movie as a kid.. when you could get in a theater for a quarter on a Saturday afternoon.  And I never could remember the name. But here it is..  Thanks for this website. Truly a service to humanity..
Kaoslord
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Maybe I'm just slow, but why is merging people into one body a good thing?  I didn't get it in the fly remake and I don't get it now.
gary
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You call this a bad movie?  This movie is excellent.

In reality, it was directed by Jess Franco from a lost script by Orson Welles.  Anyone who reads Video Watchdog knows that means greatness.

And a mad scientist merging his body with a woman's body does make sense if all he can think to do with his sexy female minions is run around ranting like a looney.
Ernst Bitterman
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

From the end of the review: "...corporations thumbing their noses at the federal government would be all the rage. "

Well, I guess the flying car must be just around the corner.  Dammit, the future IS a dystopia after all.
David
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 12:35:56 PM »

Does anyone know where I could obtain a copy of one of thre greatest cult movies of all time- Wild, Wild Planet?
IndigoBlack
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember seeing this as a kid and I felt like washing my brain out with soap. They just showed this movie on Turner classic movies 10-18-05 (why its a classic is beyond me) and my maturity and great age (50) laughed through the whole movie. Ah...the furture ain't whaty it used to be.
baron_louise
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hahaha. Devo streakers from outer space. That's what I got out of this.
The butterfly theater was pretty bizarre too.
Jeff
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just saw it on TV.  Had to watch it in stages.  But what fun. Love to see how serious the actors are.  Don't make them like this anymore!!
ZM73
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 11:29:06 AM »

Chem-Bio-Med, no?
jeriwho
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 09:03:15 PM »

Watched most of this when I was 15 and babysitting.  Got as far as the girl agreeing to go to mad scientist's planet for a vacation and getting there, realizing it is not a paradise at all.  Always wondered what happened, now I see it doesn't matter. Nothing would ever save her from being in this bad movie.  At 15, I kept wondering if, when I grew up and got sophisticated and wore my hair in a beehive and knew aikido, would I be stupid enough to go off with a man I hardly knew, a great distance from my friends, to a destination I'd never heard of before?  Or would I stay as savvy as I'd been at 15 and tell the creep to take a flying leap? I'm happy to report I stayed savvy.
JCF
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »

Just saw this film. I Tivo'ed it when it was TCM a few months back. it coupd of passed as na Ed Wood film if ti wasn't in color and dubbed. The little red shuttle ships sounded like vacuum cleaner.
Bernie
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 09:08:55 PM »

I agree with Gary.  This movie is near perfect.

+++

You call this a bad movie?  This movie is excellent.

In reality, it was directed by Jess Franco from a lost script by Orson Welles.  Anyone who reads Video Watchdog knows that means greatness.

And a mad scientist merging his body with a woman's body does make sense if all he can think to do with his sexy female minions is run around ranting like a looney.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »

Ah, a fine Italian cheese. Provolone au cinema.
Devo four armed aliens, a villian who should be in a pasta western...oh, wait, he was...whats not to love?

Btw, in the opening scene, we see a  dome with lungs, a heart under glass...first thing I said was "Hey, they got most of the ingrediants of Haggis there!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Paula
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »

This is one of the Greatest movies ever. I've waited 42 years to see this movie again and it was worth it. I couldn't remember the name of it, but I was channel surfing at 5:00 am one morning and recognized it and had to call my "baby" sister. We watched it together over the phone and had a Hoot!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »

All I remember is the fight scene with the girls in short skirts, and the heroine going on vacation to the bad guy's lair, watching bodies being put in some sort of containers, and then going to her room as if everything was pretty much okay.  Loved those futuristic cars though.  They looked like you might seriously damage one by tripping over it, but they had those big jet exhausts on the back that could propel them upwards of 30 mph.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wild Wild Planet « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.