Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:54:18 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dragonball: The Magic Begins « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Dragonball: The Magic Begins  (Read 104825 times)
Vegeta Sama
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I post this in responce to saiy-jin's post.

It is not based on a Chinese folklore because in the Monkey King legend, there is no mention of "Dragon Pearls", but it does seem to follow the storyline of the Dragon Ball animated movie "Curse of the Blood Rubies."  There are many other parts of the movie that I could point out which follow the Dragon Ball storyline more so than it follows the story of Sun Wu Kong.

I think you should do some research before you speak, saiya-jin.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The movie dosen't follow the ancient Chineese legend what it is is the movie is based on the translated vesion of the Japeneese comics or so I've heard
Doll
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I wouldnīt buy it, itīs really a bad and cheap movie!
Itīs based on DB, not DBZ and I think itīs a total rip off!

Donīt waste your money!!! Rather spend the money on the Anime Movies!
Ņbrevu
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the best film I've ever seen. I've seen it many times, and every one I couldn't stop laughing.
Not-So-Super-Guy
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The initial idea of Dragonball (The Manga) was a twisted version of the Chinese Legend "A Journey to the West". It follows Monkey and his quest to retreive Buddhist scrolls from the West. Eventually, it eveolved into something completely different.

This movie borrorws heavily from both Dragonball and Journey to the West, but does so because it is a Hong Kong produced Homage to Dragonball. It isn't officially licensed (it's not even Japanese), and as such, there had to be enough changes to distinguish it from a copyrighted property like Dragonball (Even though Copyright Laws in Japan are pretty lax).

Also, this movie is bad.
Dare
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2003, 11:43:59 AM »

Oh My God... How many synonyms are there for the word horrible?  This movie is so unbelievably bad that it brings me to tears. How could anyone desecrate Dragonball so badly? The people that made this movie need to be shot. I could pull a better movie out of my @$$. I mean really... were they even trying? How can you screw up so many aspects of a fairly simple anime so badly? Try as I might, words cannot describe how bad this movie is, or how much I hate it... not to mention the people that made it in the first place. If the new DBZ live action movie coming out sucks this bad, I will lose all faith and interest in Dragonball as we know it. This movie was that bad....
Millindroth
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just saw this movies yesterday and I have to say that it was so bad that it was cool.  It sucked so much, yet it rocked.  Cartoon lightning beams and poorly played kung-fu is just cool to me... Oh, and let's not forget bad voice acting.  So bad, that it's good!
G.E.N.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is by far the worst movie ever created, it's an insult to DB
Alex De Large
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

That was the greatest adaption of a chinese legend I've ever seen.  In fact, that was probably the best movie I've ever seen.  I learned so much.  For instance I never realized that a gun's fire can go from the intensity of a shotgun to that of a bazooka to that of an atomic bomb in less then three shots.
Lex Fire
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie has nothing to do with Akira Toriyama for all you silly people complaining how it is so bad and how the Dragon Ball anime is better. Well yes, the Dragon Ball anime is better, but the two aren't even related. This is just a nice, loose adaptation of Journey to the West, the chinese legend, made as a cheap Hong Kong movie, also mildly playing off some of the elements of the old DB comics (without much attention to them ofcourse). So don't cry ranting how its such an insult when they arent the same, just either ignore its stupidity or laugh at it. You cannot rate something horrible if it was so bad you laughed to death, cause then all it means is that the movie was a great comedy!
Doc Savate
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Quit chur cryin', ya big anime babies... It looks like a fun goofy film, ESPECIALLY if you're familiar with the Dragonball cartoon. Loosen up. :)
SSJ Nanz
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have this movie and I still think it's so badly made, it's hilarious. The utter crappage is a reward unto itself.

BTW, don't buy the movie if you're looking for something good.
arc
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 08:58:14 PM »

That was worth the whole 34 seconds of laughter, what a bunch of retards, but i was expecting more mindeless violence and lots of blowing s**t up..what a let down lmao.
WPack911
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is an a piece of dog crap a funny piece of crap, but a horrible adaption of the Dragon Ball series no Anime deserves to be humilated like this I like Dragon Ball not the best anime, but it's ok. This movie is a descrace. It's one of those movies you see and say WTF is this and then you relize it's based on Dragon Ball and then puke over the stank coming off this pile of crap. I hope Akira Toriyama suied the pants off of whoever made this movie for ruining his anime series good name. Let's just hope the upcoming American Dragon Ball Z movie does not suck half as bad as this movie because it can't suck this bad no movie can.
Travis
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I am a fan of all of the Dragonball series and whether or not this movie holds true does not make it the greatest movie ever.  Forget that you ever watched animated Dragonball, and then watch the movie without any bias.  It is without doubt one of the hilarious and entertaining movies I have ever seen when you put aside the general idea of a "great movie".  
  Anyways, being an anime fan I have found other anime fans to be fairly pretentious about there favorite movies and need to remember that while we can see the great points of many anime movies, there are anime adaptions of other movies that people without a taste for anime would view as crap.
  I believe, like I said before, this movie needs to be viewed without the idea of it being based on Dragonball.  Anyone that would not find this entertaining and be an anime fan is a stuck up prick that can go watch Evangelion and the 10000 other giant robot anime flicks that are not half as entertaining as this movie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dragonball: The Magic Begins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.