Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:42:03 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Superman IV « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Superman IV  (Read 62306 times)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

R.I.P CHRISTOPHER REEVE
      B. SEPT 25 1952
      D. OCT  10 2004  
Hawkeye Pierce
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie should have been a piece of crap, but it has Christopher Reeve (RIP) a dumb villian and all kind of cool things that you thought could only exist in the dark dark world of Al Adamson!

Once again a succesfull Superman film!

Oh, by the way!
DAMN IT PEOPLE< WHY DON"T YOU REVIEW DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN!
George
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

To Jeff W.- "Lifeforce" came out in the summer of 1985, not 1987; also, "Over The Top" came out in Feb. 1987. Just thought you'd like to know. For some reason, I can remember when movies came out. As for the movie that is the main topic of this page, it did suck. So did "S3". "S3" was boring, absurd and convoluted. Its only selling point was Richard Pryor, unfortunately, he can only do so much in a PG rated flick aimed at younger audiences. "S4" was stupid, it made little sense, the SPFX were LAME and Jon Cryer was totally annoying. Even the return of Gene Hackman didn't help this cinematic turd! Oddly, I kept thinking about "S4" while watching "Elektra", another boring and stupid superhero movie.
Hank
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 02:15:50 PM »

Liu Kang: I totally disagree. I totally think Superman IV sucked donkey bars. Totally.
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2006, 05:18:58 PM »

They should of stopped after  the horrible SUPERMAN 3.A very  terrible and badly directed mess.
Anne
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My personal favourites of the Superman movies series are Superman1&2. I didn't like Superman3 at all, since they focused too much on Richard Pryor,in that film. I have Superman1,2&4 on DVD. Superman3 on VHS. Superman4 is certainly not the best in the Superman series, but it's still watchable on DVD. Maybe, they might find a directors cut for Superman4, like they did with Supergirl the Movie. That would help fill in the plot holes. Christopher Reeve & Margot Kidder made Superman4 watchable. It's fun watching it on a lazy day.
Zack
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

You know I love superman...i love him like crazy.  he's my favorite superhero.  I have a tatoo of him on my right bicep.

but all that love could do nothing for this affront to everything that is the man of steel.  Yes, folks, even more abysmal than the huge celophane S supes ensnares Zd with in 2, Worse than any combination of words to come out of Jimmy's mouth, and yes, even more cringeworthy than the presence of Richard Pryor (though not by much), I put to you that there is a horror more a maddening than all combined...

and that horror is...Lenny Luthor

Look at him, just look at him...sure nuclear man's little pants are terrifying, and it's a race to see which of Morgot Kidder or Muriel Hemmingway's faces' were more jagged and mummified, and yes, the great wall of china repair ray...I grant that these are agents one and all of the coming darkness, but on the black throne, above the twisting remains of the forsaken sits a devil named "Lenny"
St. David
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Superman the Movie was the best of the four, and each sequel was a poorer effort. Hooray for the cast and crew that made the first of the four.

The Superman legend deserved a much better effort that Superman IV.  
giant Claw Jr
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 07:39:26 PM »

This was the last SUPERMAN movie made by chris reeves and by far the worse after those first two were so great
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 02:24:10 AM »

Maybe if there were ever a chance to do a remake (not a do over) of both 3 and 4 before Superman Returns and make it better.  But that would have been in a perfect world, which this in not.  But look at both track records of  Superman and Batman.  The first movies of Supes and Bats.  Both were groundbreaking, both had enigmatic villains.  The second of the two, both had more than one villain to fight (although Batman's were more well known and Superman had more action).  In three, both had nutballs (sorry Pry or) which, more or less, lost points and the whole fighting a death tower.  And the last one for both was just plain sh*t.  Bane dumb as mud, the strings (God, the strings).  At that time, it got me thinking: maybe the same person or people who was a consultant for the Superman franchise is the same person or are the same people who put the Batman on that same route.  And if it was true, then yon gods damn ye back to the hell for whence ye came.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »

Supergirl vs. Nuclear Man.
Small | Large

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Dan Factor
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 08:40:45 AM »

I remember seeing this at the cinema. I was eight and thought it was brilliant just cos it was about Superman.
As I got older and I realised what a huge chunk of horse's crap it was!

This was Christopher Reave's big message to the world about the evils of nuclear arms. Even he said it was a pile of rubbish.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

No longer available  Bluesad

WHAT THE FRUIT IS HAPPENNING TO YOU TUBE !?!?!?!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Flu-Bird
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 02:13:37 AM »

This dumb movie was made at the time of all those stupid NUCULAR WEAPONS FREE ZONES wa supported by the usial bunch of liberal wussietards in hollyweed along with AMAZING GRACE AND CHUCK some of those worse of the worse peices of crap along with THE DOG WHO STAPPED A WAR total junk
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Superman IV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.