Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:14 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Oasis of the Zombies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oasis of the Zombies  (Read 18073 times)
Countess Zarina
« on: April 27, 2002, 06:43:59 PM »

I learned something important from this movie:  you can pour gasoline on sand, light it and it will burn for a long time and make thick black smoke as well.
Steve Payne
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2001, 09:20:53 AM »

Maybe the shots of the spider in its web act as an analogy for the monsters lying in wait for some helpless travellers to stumble into their trap?
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have this same film, under it's alternate title BLOODSUCKING NAZI ZOMBIES! The only drawback is that all the important parts of the film are shrouded in darkness. Still, it merits a rating of two and a half stars.
Tom Van Hauwaert
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 03:52:08 PM »

Those nightscenes are really hilarious, but I also had a big laugh with that zombie (the one-eyed skull)that seemed to be moved by somebody using a broomstick, kinda waving it to us....
Tomas Ericson
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It doesn't matter if the acting is poor or that the violence is tame. The atmosphere and the totally incredible zombie make-up give this film a special place in my heart forever. It is such an unpretentious film. RESPECTABLE is the word!
Colin G. Davis
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

When I first watched this atrocity, for some reason I had forgotten it was directed by Jess Franco under one of his many pseudonyms. As I yawned my way along, I thought "My God, this is just like a Jess Franco movie". When I subsequently realised it WAS, I was struck by the horrible thought - maybe this means Jess Franco actually has a recognizable style!
Adam Weiner
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »

I watched this movie, and damn... This movie is actually quite funny. Every camera angle zooms in or out in this movie. About fifteen minutes in the camera tries to focus on the swastika as the car is driving up to it, lands on a patch of grass next to it. you can then see by the shaking of the border of the frame the camera man unscrew the hinge that locks the tripod in place and physically move the camera over to focus on it. They shoot and re-use film in this movie like no tomorrow and they dress the muslims like ewalks. I've seen alot of zombie movies in my day but these zombies move at an absolute glacial pace. Not to mention the contrast in this movie regularly goes from black to a blinding white as Jesus Franco -the director/ cinematographer- does not compensate for the sun wash out when he zooms in or out. The ending is just a giant epileptic seizure of washed out randomly zooming shots where you can barley make out what the f**k is going on. Also my favorite zombie you can see a picture on this page who I refer to as google eyes. If you go through and pick this movie I've never seen this many mistakes in a movie ever. (I came up with a number that soared beyond such greats as The Beast of Yucca Flats and Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park.) And all of these are mistakes easily noticed and fixed. This movie is absolutly priceless I recommend you watch it with a friend who loves these movies.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »

Thank goodness for your review. I watched this movie on a terrible, terrible print (thanks Netflix!), and consequently spent a good portion of this stupid movie wondering what the hell it was the camera kept zooming in on. Now I know it was a spider. Doesn't make me feel any better, but now I know.

Really was a terrible print. Never mind day-for-night, the whole thing was basically a black smudge with googly-eye zombies popping out now and then.

Of course, a googly-eyed zombie is a great idea for a Halloween costume.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Oasis of the Zombies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.