Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:10:40 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cane Toads: An Unnatural History « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Cane Toads: An Unnatural History  (Read 76323 times)
ZoSo
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2003, 03:04:42 PM »

Caught this on SunDance Channel today.  I really got a kick out of the guy in the van that goes out of his way and drives like a maniac to run over the toads to hear them explode.  The song playing while the little girl played with the toad was entertaining also.
Roger
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie when it first came out in Brisbane.  My friends and I were rolling around with laughter.  Would you believe 15 years later, I'm telling my partner about this movie - that it's a must see.  I hired it and her comment in the first 5 minutes is - "that's our farm"  Whoa!
Tao Shan
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This is my favourite DVD of all time. I keep Cane Toads as pets. Being a toad lover though, I can see why the Australians get as emotional as they do about them. Check out the free movie at http://www.cane-toad.com/.

If you have any difficulty downloading it, email me.

TS
bellevue
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 07:50:08 PM »

I just watched this movie in my AP environmental class at school. I loved it! The song playing while the girl was playing with the toad was so funny! Yeah, GREAT movie!!! It totally seemed like a joke!
gdub
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Greatest movie about Cane Toads!  "I enjoy sitting on my back porch and watching them mate."  Haha, this movie is the best educational video ever!!
Lucy and Sarah
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

We first saw this movie in Geog last year and we're still trying to work out whether it's serious or not! The man that likes to watch the toads mate on his lawn absolutely killed us! And the druggie that smokes the toad! An absolutley wonderful piece of cinematography!! Classic.
Mississippiensis
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this video during a bus trip in the Outback.  The song 'Cane Toads are Comming' pretty much sums it all up.  We have a Bufo marinus at work and I want to name it Dairy Queen!
Amy
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2004, 06:35:16 PM »

Wow...I gotta see this one!
Cherrie
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is an absolutely hilarious movie!! We've watched it twice now and die laughing every time.  Our favorite is the Doctor whose carrying a grudge against the toads because they killed his cat, darnit!!  And the old guy in his yard at night talking about how their his friends! This is an awesome documentary and totally worth watching again!!
Me
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2005, 02:16:24 PM »

Totally awesome!  I think one of my favorite parts was the car driving down the road, running over the cane toads.  And the sound they made, WOW!  I want to go to Australia just so I can drive over cane toads!
Tiger
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

We watched it for a film requirement for a college class.  The last film we saw was a 2 1/2 hour silent film, so we were expecting some dreadful documentary with droning narrators and etc.  The entire audience never stopped laughing.  I think my absolute favorite was the guy in the van.  As was mentioned, the popping sound was incredible and downright hilarious.

You know you've done something right when all you have to do is stick in a brief shot of something that isn't funny and your audience cracks up anyway.  So it was with the druggie in the credits... nothing else needed.  Great film.
Jet
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this doco once, but not for fun. I watched it in a High School Geography class, and while watching it I realised it was almost verbatim of a book which my Mum owned. Eventually I realised that I had unwittingly given the Book of the Film to my Mum for Mother's Day. We didn't realise it was the book of a film until I saw it, and frankly it's almost word-for-word. Later on, in Health class, we were asked to name a recreational drug, and I immediately said 'bufotine! You get it from cane toads!'
I've been to Queensland. Toad whacking is a favourite pasttime over there, and my uncle uses them as golf balls. Whee!
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I loved this movie when I was.... 5. I still watch it to get a kick out of it.

Violence: *
Goofiness: ****
Monster: *
Actors: *
Overall: **
atm
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 04:05:40 PM »

I saw this movie in my AP Biology class... it was hysterical. Truly a movie to remember - and, hopefully, watch again one day.
KellyHopkinsville
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think there are two versions of this documentary out there, because the one I rented and watched years ago on VHS had the swerving-car-popping-frog sequence, and the once I recently rented on DVD from Netflix didn't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cane Toads: An Unnatural History « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.