Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:40:23 PM
714347 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dinosaur « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Last Dinosaur  (Read 67757 times)
C. C. La Due
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I really liked this movie as a boy regardless of how silly I knew it was.  I remember that I kept thinking, the first time I saw it, that the people in the dinosaur costumes were trying really hard to keep their costumes from falling off, or so it appears!  (See the T. Rex do "The Twist" in slow-motion - it even made my mother laugh.)  As it was, it looks like the tyrannosaurus head almost fell off a couple of times, and I was CERTAIN that the triceratops costume came very close to splitting in two, nearly exposing the actor(?) inside!

By the way, I really liked the music, so much so, that I
recorded it on a cassette tape the second time it was aired and played it often.  I really liked the riffs in it, fairly simplistic though they were, although there was an
uneasy similarity to the jingle "The food is always different at your Dairy Queen store"...which stuck in my head to the point of real annoyance later on!
night heron
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 01:03:30 PM »

How about the cavewoman packing the rifle scope around in a little bag? or when mr sharp tooth storms through the camp and tossing the THRUST  machine around well at least its well built but is it issured against rampaging T-REXES?
Brett Sjoberg
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 07:38:03 AM »

This was the first R rated film I ever saw.My Dad took me,I was 10.I begged to go because of the dinosaur.We were the only people in the theater.When we left,I was ready to devote my life to finding a lost prehistoric world somewhere nearby,where I lived,in San Antonio,TX.Hey,I was 10.
Djaxis
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Movie sucks, as has been repeatedly noted, but that song!

The song!  Forever will it be etched into my twisted psyche!  If someone was able to get me a .mp3 of it or something, I shall worship you as a God.

I must have the title song!
Kevin Kraft
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the T-rex's roar was ripped off from GODZILLA!
Todd Shields
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2004, 11:10:57 AM »

The T-Rex looks like a watered down Gorosaurus, the Polar Borar looks bigger on the inside than it does on the outside and Richard Boone...well...is Richard Boone. I saw this when I was a kid and can only watch it as an adult if I give Maryjane a kiss.
Mark Radburn
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The Last Dinosaur was the best 70's dinosaur film ever the Dinosaurs in this film look very realistic than people think they look like guys in rubbers suits but these dinosaurs look really real. Richard Boone who plays as Masten Thurst played real good as a dinosaur hunter and the Tyrannosaurus Rex looked great, by the year 2003 I bought The Last Dinosaur sadly I got a bad copy of The Last Dinosaur on video and I need the DVD Version of The Last Dinosaur. The Last Dinosaur is a masterpiece of the 1970's this film is one hell of on adventure that will make you wanting to see it again and again.
Jim Dale
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have really enjoyed reading the comments about the film as I had a small role in the film.  The film was shot in Japan as an ABC Movie of the Week.  I was working in Tokyo at the time and on the weekends, apart from my real job in the theme park business, there was a group of us who dubbed films for Japan Airlines.  I play the part of the young control room operator who is searching for the crew and finding nothing but "bone" and feeling badly that we may have to leave them down there, since our Captain, Don Maloney (who was president of a US affiliate company in Tokyo) told us that time was up.  Bill Ross, who did quite a bit of movie and TV work in Japan (including working with Kurosawa) and owned the company that did the dubbing work, plays the role of the control room chief and some of the young guys in the background are US Marines, who were hired for the day we did the control room shooting, which was a Sunday.  They paid me $100 and fed us lunch. There were two directors on the film, one American and one Japanese, who were continually arguing with each other about everything.  That was part of the deal.  When Bill Ross and I first rehearsed our lines together, we couldn't stop laughing because of sexual overtones of Thrust Intl. and the Polar Boarer.  The elderly fellow at the begining of the film in the press conference is Carl Hanson, who owned a PR firm in Tokyo and was quite a writer.  I remember the director telling me later at dinner that he was very impressed with this new actress, Joan Van Ark, because she always came to the set prepared, knew her lines, and was always friendly.  He thought she would go far with that attitude and work ethic.  Remember, the roar sounding like Godzilla?  Don't forget that Toho Studios was heavily involved in this film.  All in all, it was a fun way to spend a summer Sunday in Tokyo.

Uncle Larry
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Even schlocky films are not exempt from the script including old guys matched-up with pretty young blondes.  However, the older leading man is, at least, usually good looking.  I'm sure Richard Boone saw the humor in matching up his craggy boulbus appearance with the pristine nubile.
ob|ong
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this with a mate 1 night when we'd had a big night out on the p**s and it came on and we were deleriously drinking and p**sing ourselves laughing, either cos it was 5AM and we hadnt had any sleep and we were very intoxicated, or the fact that this is one of the funniest movies ever made? I cant find it anywhere to make a sober analysis? Can some one please email me a link or something where I can purchase this gem of a movie?
Thanks in advance.
Anthony Marino
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Wow weeee, Charles Bronson couldnt have played this role any better then Boone. I Havent seen that movie without the comercials for the wagon wheel of cheese or the conjunction junction thing until I got the VHS, great either way. These dam kids dont know what they are talking about. The movie rocks its only second to Omega Man ( Charlie Heston). I love the way the sound went "dadaaa da du daaaa " favorite sound effect of all time. I also have the complete Last Dinosaur toy set and trading cards. Thinking of putting them on Ebay. Let me know what you think.

Ant
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I hate to admit it but i enjoyed this movie.I saw it on tv when i was a kid.I loved the scene where that dumb dinosaur got dragged down the hill by a rock tied to it's tail I remember everyone in my house fell out laughing.One of the best made for tv movies a very entertaining movie.P.S I did't know TRICERATOPS could burrow underground.  
Maraku
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

For some inexplicable reason, I get the biggest kick out of this movie and try to catch it every opportunity that I can. Somehow this B grade movie has managed to incorporate the right group of elements which entertained me not only during my first viewing, but has also with every viewing since. Students of fantasy films should dissect this little funny rubber lizard flick to try to figure out what makes it tick. Some bits that really crack me up: 1.)That lizardy sound effect of the fuzz guitar played through a gutteral sounding wah-wah pedal, as a sound motif for the T-Rex.
2.) The T-Rex checking out the boulder rolling down the hill, and not realizing that it's tied to his tail until -whuuooaAAAHH!!! -Rock-Yankin'-T-Rex-Offa-His-Feet-'N-Draggin'-Him-Express-Down-The-Hill-Like-He-Didn't-Know-What-Hit-Him!!! 3.) The catapulted big rock landing on, squashing in, and then deflecting off the top of the T-Rex's rubber head. Richard Boone always has added a certain draw to whatever piece he has starred in. With this one, I  sense that he may have had some of his favorite refreshment on hand throughout the production. This is a must-have for my collection. I can't wait for them to release a DVD version of it.
Ernie
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When this first aired my whole family watched it together.  I thought it was wildly exciting for that time and it had some good scares, especially made for television. I think all the movies today look much more phony the the movies of the 70's. The disaster movies were all better then too because the effects were not computer generated. Like the old Poseidon adventure sure beat the new one, not only in effects but certainly in acting.  Anyway I own the last dinosaur on dvd and I find it to be a lot of fun and still exciting after all these years. It beats all the silly godzilla movies and the only thing to top the dinosaurs in this movies is Jurrasic Park. I really wish people would stop poking fun at the 70's era of movies and tv.  I think the new millenium of movies and tv rot as do most of the acting and actors.
tbox
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I haven't seen this movie since iwas six years old, but i remember Billy Joel's intro to the song "The Stranger" being a part of this dreadful movie's soundtrack. Am I right or am I crazy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dinosaur « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.